French Air Force Open Days 2018

French Air Force Open Days 2018

Postby The Baron on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 5:27 pm

The Fondation des Ouevres Sociales de l'Air (FOSA) have announced the dates for the 2018 shows.
16/17th June at Evreux-Fauville
30th June/1st July at Nancy-Ochey

Both are easy to reach from the UK.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.
User avatar
The Baron

Re: French Air Force Open Days 2018

Postby AlexC on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 4:27 pm

I visited Nancy-Ochey way back in 1991, 1994 and 1998 with Aeroprints. Don't know if they're still around?
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
User avatar
AlexC

Re: French Air Force Open Days 2018

Postby st24 on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 10:14 am

AlexC wrote:I visited Nancy-Ochey way back in 1991, 1994 and 1998 with Aeroprints. Don't know if they're still around?

Myself and a huge Scottish game bird were on the same trip in '94!!
Not the best venue, miles from the runway (you can't even see it due to topography and trees) very short crowd line, odd 2 level static but in typical French style a very nice long ramp for decent static/taxying pics...
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: French Air Force Open Days 2018

Postby AlexC on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 2:49 pm

st24 wrote:Myself and a huge Scottish game bird were on the same trip in '94!!


Intriguing!
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
User avatar
AlexC

Re: French Air Force Open Days 2018

Postby RAF4EVER on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 3:04 pm

AlexC wrote:
st24 wrote:Myself and a huge Scottish game bird were on the same trip in '94!!


Intriguing!


Capercaillie, maybe? :smile:
RAF4EVER

Re: French Air Force Open Days 2018

Postby AlexC on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 3:31 pm

RAF4EVER wrote:Capercaillie, maybe? :smile:


I think you could be on to something there?! :up:

BTW, just carried out a Goggle search, and Aeroprint are very much still around.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
User avatar
AlexC

Re: French Air Force Open Days 2018

Postby andrewn on Sun 03 Dec 2017, 4:52 pm

st24 wrote:
AlexC wrote:I visited Nancy-Ochey way back in 1991, 1994 and 1998 with Aeroprints. Don't know if they're still around?

Myself and a huge Scottish game bird were on the same trip in '94!!
Not the best venue, miles from the runway (you can't even see it due to topography and trees) very short crowd line, odd 2 level static but in typical French style a very nice long ramp for decent static/taxying pics...


Think I might have been on the same trip. I remember there was good access to the hangars, with lots of Mirage in various states of disrepair. Was it the one with the Mirage IV flying? And I think there may have been a crash of a small light a/c type on the day, that went largely unreported at the time?
User avatar
andrewn


Return to European Events

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests