Weston Air Festival 2018

Weston Air Festival 2018

Postby richyrara on Sun 18 Feb 2018, 2:54 pm

http://www.visit-westonsupermare.com/ev ... 8-p2310293

The 2018 Weston Air Festival will take place on Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th June on the Weston-super-Mare Seafront and Beach Lawns in Weston-super-Mare.
richyrara

Re: Weston Air Festival 2018

Postby Frogfoot on Mon 19 Feb 2018, 1:40 pm

Sadly, I was very disappointed with last year’s event. It seemed that most of the spectators chose to ignore the request for them to stay out of the water (which I agree is ridiculous given that it’s a seaside show), subsequently pushing the display line even further out to sea. That solo Stearman was practically over Wales! I understand that there is nothing the organisers could do, and they tried their best to remove those who were selfish enough to ignore the red tape.
Frogfoot

Postby richyrara on Mon 19 Feb 2018, 6:39 pm

Yeah the display line is as I remember marked out with bouys, and at various points in the day will be over water or beach depending on the (famously vast) tidal range at Weston - sadly every year the displays seem to be closer to Steepholm than the beachfront - I guess they have to take the pier into account when considering the crowdline
richyrara

Postby TYPHOON3 on Mon 19 Feb 2018, 7:53 pm

Last time I attended a couple of years ago the displays were more over Steepholm,especially the Typhoon.There were several people on there with a great view.I assume boat trips were organised from Weston harbour?
TYPHOON3

Postby planesgalaxxyclacton on Sun 15 Apr 2018, 10:11 am

Typhoon and Red Arrows both have Weston on their schedules for both days.
planesgalaxxyclacton

Postby Mictheslik on Sun 15 Apr 2018, 10:40 pm

I think you're mistaking Brean Down for Steepholm (the displays would be barely visible if over steepholm!)

No boat trip required, just park up at the national trust car park and walk up the hill....at your own risk of course!

Some shots from last year...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=77718

.mic
Mictheslik Aviation Photography

Remember when we went to Payerne on that Wednesday?
Mictheslik

Return to Seaside Shows