Eastbourne Airshow 2010

News on all the seaside airshows up and down the country in one forum
Offbreed

Re: Eastbourne Airshow 2010

Post by Offbreed »

Well what a difference a day makes, today it was very windy and overcast up on Beachy Head, but plenty
of photographers were about hoping for a repeat of the F-16 fun of Saturday. This time Mitch Beulen and
Peter Teichman teamed up for a memorable flypast over and infont of Beachy Head, then the F-16 went on
to display firing out streams of flares. :yahoo: Later on the Typhoon started its display from Beachy Head.
Nice to see the pilots adjusting the displays to keep people happy at Eastbourne and up on the cliffs.
Really enjoyed this years show, well done organisers. :clap:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvq3ohIDXt8[/youtube]

timuss

Post by timuss »

Offbreed wrote:Well what a difference a day makes, today it was very windy and overcast up on Beachy Head, but plenty
of photographers were about hoping for a repeat of the F-16 fun of Saturday. This time Mitch Beulen and
Peter Teichman teamed up for a memorable flypast over and infont of Beachy Head, then the F-16 went on
to display firing out streams of flares. :yahoo: Later on the Typhoon started its display from Beachy Head.
Nice to see the pilots adjusting the displays to keep people happy at Eastbourne and up on the cliffs.
Really enjoyed this years show, well done organisers. :clap:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvq3ohIDXt8[/youtube]

Oh man now im jealous what a sight that must have been. And the Typhoon as well :shock: Great video!
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
PSN: timuss

Sarang

Post by Sarang »

Hi all,

Returned to Eastbourne for the first time since 2007 today and am quite disappointed with the flying display. Highlights were the brilliant Belgian F-16, F-16 & Mustang formation flypast, Blades and the Twister Duo (who I thought were really quite impressive), however this years display seemed very short in comparison to previous years. Whilst previous years normally had flying from 12- 5pm, today's flying display was from 1.30- 4.30 which is a real shame given the show's history. It is sad to see that a show like Eastbourne which, only a few years ago in 2005 boasted a line-up comprising the Red Arrows, Patrouille Reva, Belgian F-16, RNLAF F-16, USAF B1-B & USAF KC-135, is now somewhat struggling. Moreover, from display datum at the Wish tower, it was almost impossible to hear the flying commentaries and this also greatly limited the impact the show had.

I have always been a huge fan and supporter of Airbourne, and hope that the show can improve in 2011 with a revamped and longer flying display (possibly both F-16s again?)

Sarang

BossMann

Post by BossMann »

I agree with regards to the commentary, if you were sitting infront of the wish tower you could not hear the display commentary at all, the positioning of the PA system was not good IMHO.

With regards to the flying display I went on sunday which suffered due to lack of reds but it was a shadow of it former self in terms of planes.

But its free and still here for now

garyb50

Post by garyb50 »

i went on Friday this year to Beachy Head for the 1st time, gotta say the weather did not help this year, i think it helps if you have hot sunny days and for the first time in a few years it was not the best.

I personally think 2006 was the best year for displays at eastbourne, harrier, typhoon, french mirage and both dutch and belgian F16's were in attendance, as you will see i am a great fan of fast jets, so that year was superb, in my opinion.

gary