Lowestoft Air Festival 2010

News on all the seaside airshows up and down the country in one forum
gooner

Re: Lowestoft Air Festival 2010

Post by gooner »

Just a quick update on this years show.
Red arrows both days despite being grounded this week due to ejector seat problems all sorted thankfully.
Red bull matadors
Grace spitfire
BOB mem flight
raf hawk
raf tucano
raf grob tutor
raf king air
raf SAR sea king
Hawker hunter
AN-2
The blades
the yaks display team x6
wingwalkers
Avro vullcan
swift display team
tigers parachute team
FAF alpha jet
ALSO just added is
U.S.A.F HH-60 (thursday)
U.S.A.F MC130-P Combat talon(friday)
There is more but will try and confirm it nearer the time not looking too bad again this year is anyone going?

croaky

Post by croaky »

I will be there

an2grahame

Post by an2grahame »

:rock:
gooner wrote:Just a quick update on this years show.
Red arrows both days despite being grounded this week due to ejector seat problems all sorted thankfully.
Red bull matadors
Grace spitfire
BOB mem flight
raf hawk
raf tucano
raf grob tutor
raf king air
raf SAR sea king
Hawker hunter
AN-2
The blades
the yaks display team x6
wingwalkers
Avro vullcan
swift display team
tigers parachute team
FAF alpha jet
ALSO just added is
U.S.A.F HH-60 (thursday)
There is more but will try and confirm it nearer the time not looking too bad again this year is anyone going?
if anyone could get some shots of our display that would be appreciated guys!
Antonov "kilo fox" Events Manager
http://WWW.AN2CLUB.INFO

138EAW

Post by 138EAW »

an2grahame wrote::rock:
gooner wrote:Just a quick update on this years show.
Red bull matadors
Grace spitfire
BOB mem flight
raf hawk
raf tucano
raf grob tutor
raf king air
raf SAR sea king
Hawker hunter
AN-2
The blades
the yaks display team x6
wingwalkers
Avro vullcan
swift display team
tigers parachute team
FAF alpha jet
ALSO just added is
U.S.A.F HH-60 (thursday)
if anyone could get some shots of our display that would be appreciated guys!

Where are you operating from for Lowessoft? :smile:
Gary

Danny

Post by Danny »

The AN2 will be operating out of Seething. :smile:
"Can you believe it? Chelsea will just not let go in the Champions League!"

138EAW

Post by 138EAW »

Damn :grin: Was hoping it was operating out of Marham :grin:
Gary

an2grahame

Post by an2grahame »

:wave:
Danny wrote:The AN2 will be operating out of Seething. :smile:
correct arriving thurs a.m weather and tech gods permitting

sideeffectwhu

Post by sideeffectwhu »

Me and a mate are hoping to camp in Kessingland wednesday and thursday night and come home late Friday night. Then we are off to Eastbourne for saturday. Would like to camp there but it looks as if everywhere is booked.

OldSpotter

Post by OldSpotter »

Definitely going seeing as I only live north of the town centre. :biggrin:

gooner

Post by gooner »

Weather wise at the moment its not looking too bad but of course it could change we have low pressure at the moment until tues then a large area of high pressure should be in for thurs and fri still early but lets hope its nice for the show, for the people going and the display people aswell.

keithnewsome

Post by keithnewsome »

Friday 13th seems a good day to see my first ever AN-2 in flight, and with an empty 8Gb memory card, should wish for at least one photo to be proud of ????? :lol: Will be there !!!!

Keith.

an2grahame

Post by an2grahame »

:dizzy:
keithnewsome wrote:Friday 13th seems a good day to see my first ever AN-2 in flight, and with an empty 8Gb memory card, should wish for at least one photo to be proud of ????? :lol: Will be there !!!!

Keith.
thanks for the reminder about the date!! Look forward to seeing the shots on here.

Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Hi an2grahame

Look forward to welcoming you to Seething on Thursday, hope the weathers good.

Flyer (Graham)

norfolkboi

Post by norfolkboi »

this could be of interest, but please dont take this as gospel as it all seems rather sketchy at the moment.

It is possible that the French Air Force cartouche dore may NOT be appearing at the Lowestoft Seafront Air Festival on 12th / 13th August. There is a gap in the programme which was to be filled with the Lowestoft Lifeboat and the RAF SAR Sea King from 22 Sqn 'B' Flight at Wattisham. This MAY still take place, if it does then we'll not have any cartouche dore, I understand. The impression given is that if the SAR demo does not go ahead then the cartouche dore will mysteriously appear out of nowhere and fill the gap.

itfcscott
UKAR Staff

Post by itfcscott »

Was that before or after we lost the Hawk? With the gap left by that there could be space for both.

norfolkboi

Post by norfolkboi »

before i believe.

gooner

Post by gooner »

Not so good at the moment this year is it esp if you like jets.Its mainly going to be a very quiet airshow this year with prop planes.The french cartouch dore were cancelled off the programme a month ago but anything could happen i guess.Looks like 5 hours of flying both days which is good but sadly not many jets this year even classic jets would be cool but i guess it was down to costs and lack of people putting money in the buckets last year.Dont forget if you donate the 2 quid which is cheap you get buy one get one free into pleasurewood hills so its well worth donating.Shold be a good 2 days but just not very loud and as for the vulcan yes i like it but you could get 4 more a/c in the show for what that thing costs just to do a couple of laps and even that dont make the noise it used to :sad:

bombtheb

Post by bombtheb »

Lowestoft Aviation Society will be monitoring the proceedings on both days. We'll be located at the front of BBC Radio Suffolk if any fellow anoraks want to come and say hello.

Hope a few have the chance to read this before it is 'pulled' by the site Mods - grow up, for goodness sake, this is supposed to be a democracy, freedom of speech, etc,.

DeanW

Post by DeanW »

bombtheb wrote:Lowestoft Aviation Society will be monitoring the proceedings on both days. We'll be located at the front of BBC Radio Suffolk if any fellow anoraks want to come and say hello.

Hope a few have the chance to read this before it is 'pulled' by the site Mods - grow up, for goodness sake, this is supposed to be a democracy, freedom of speech, etc,.

I don't get it? Why'd the post be pulled?!

gooner

Post by gooner »

Heavy showers forecast so take your umbrella sadly the high pressure wont be in until saturday guess thats the omen for changing the dates and friday the 13th but the forecasters could be wrong lets prey the rain stay away form the airfields the planes are flying from :worship:

bombtheb

Post by bombtheb »

J35 Draken wrote:
bombtheb wrote:Lowestoft Aviation Society will be monitoring the proceedings on both days. We'll be located at the front of BBC Radio Suffolk if any fellow anoraks want to come and say hello.

I don't get it? Why'd the post be pulled?!

A: Last year in the wake of the Air Fest I posted a humorous verse highlighting the slip-ups made by a certain air show commentator at this event.
Despite the fact that no remarks of an obscene or defammatory nature were used, and the errors were heard and remarked upon by numerous enthusiasts across the board, the poem was removed without comment or explanation.

On Friday another post by myself, merely stating the fact that we (Lowestoft Aviation Society) would be listening with interest to the commentary, was also removed from the board.

Far be it for me to suggest a cover-up in these conspiracy-theory riddled times, but it looks as though this board is becoming sanitised by a few individuals. If my posts are of an offensive or insulting and personal nature, why do they not just ban me and get it over with ?

gooner

Post by gooner »

Well i hope the people operating the lowestoft air radio make sure they do proper checks this year as they were operating on such low power on friday no one could contact lowestoft radio and then at 4.30 pm he came on the radio and said oh i just realised we were on low power so thats why the a/c could not here us.Hope they get that bit right this year so that the a/c dont have to communicate between themselves as to who is clear to display!!!! :grin:

clearstone

Post by clearstone »

itfcscott wrote:Was that before or after we lost the Hawk? With the gap left by that there could be space for both.

RAF Hawk Role Demo (Flt Lt S Griffiths) will be at Lowestoft - 1438 Thursday, 1347 Friday.

Looks like the HH60 may not be appearing on Thursday, MC130 confirmed on the Friday along with the French AF Alpha Jet.

gooner

Post by gooner »

Thats nice to hear about a hawk role demo hopefully nice and noisy :lol: Does that mean it just do flybys etc instead of high loops?Shame about the HH-60 shame they cant bring an F-15 as A replacement maybe a role demo from them :grin: or the MC-130 both days We wish.Still its looking a fairly good show really big line up and it has to be one of the best seaside shows in the country now please donate if you are coming and lets hope the weather hold its lovely here today.The alpha jet is down for both days has this cancelled thursday now?

gooner

Post by gooner »

2x alpha jets just done a nice display looked really good hope they send both tomorrow :smile: