Bournemouth Air Festival 2011

News on all the seaside airshows up and down the country in one forum
steve185cs

Re: Bournemouth Air Festival 2011

Post by steve185cs »

Hurn wrote:I've posted a flying list up in the 'Live stream' thread.

Great, thanks Hurn

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

Hoping to see the Sea Vixen & Miss Demeanour display together tomorrow, looks like it's been a proper good day today. What a stark contrast compared to yesterdays weather...

twinkle

Post by twinkle »

any one know if the tonka roll demos been on today? if not what time is it on?
Canon 40d,Gripped,
Canon 50mm F1.8 II, Canon 28-70 F3.5-4.5 II, Tamron 90mm macro, Tamron 70-300 VC, Sigma 150 -600 Comp

JetA1

Post by JetA1 »

4.45pm subject to "operational commitments". Which means they haven't gone many spare these days.

Hurn

Post by Hurn »

Back from the beach and what lovely weather today thank goodness :cool:

Vixen and Hunter flypasts get the :up: but I think my individual display of the day goes to Jonathon Whalley in Miss Demeanour.

A lovely display and plenty of noise from the Hunter. :clap:

greatdogs

Post by greatdogs »

Yes i would agree with Hurn the sun came out and shone on Miss Demeanour and she looked splendid.Did i hear the blue note?

Phil Standfield

Post by Phil Standfield »

No Tonka roll demo today but i think they are only there sat/sun. Great day today well flown Flapjack (solo) and with the Sea Vixen fantastic. :clap: Same tomorrow please.
Stan

steve185cs

Post by steve185cs »

Great day yesterday, sunny all day with a bit of high cloud. The Hunter & Vix together was a fantastic sight. Big crowds, especially for a Friday. Heres my video compilation of the day if anyone fancies a gander.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmcAZkf_Ql8

Offbreed

Post by Offbreed »

Nice video, really enjoyed it. Hunter and vixen together was super.

Kerryp44

Post by Kerryp44 »

Thanks to the people of Bournemouth and other visitors too for making it a really great and welcoming day as always :clap: . Have to agree Miss D and Miss V were well worth the wait :rock: ...(but never as wonderful as my beautiful Lancaster) :love: . Also would like to thank the spitfire that flew from behind us, really low and nearly made us crash when we were leaving Bournemouth along the A338 at about 7.40pm ish :yahoo: ! It was just a brilliant end to a long, exhausting and excilrating day! Just heard from my Mum and Dad who are down there today....and it's raining a bit hard at the mo :facepalm: ....it is supposed to clear up though...so stick it out everyone...it's well worth it!

Hurn

Post by Hurn »

Early rain has cleared to blue sunny skies. The Reds have been up and did a full display and it looks to be nice the rest of the day.

Not going into town today though as it's packed, but will probably venture down again tomorrow. :up:

Jim_AFCB

Post by Jim_AFCB »

One of the Reds has crashed near Bournemouth Airport on return after the display

steve185cs

Post by steve185cs »

Jim_AFCB wrote:One of the Reds has crashed near Bournemouth Airport on return after the display

This is really sad news. Did not go to the display today but saw the Reds display from Christchurch Harbour. After their display they came back in over the harbour with smoke on, they went to do a flypast somewhere and were due back into Hurn at about 1.40pm. BBC say fire crews alerted at 1.50pm. Hope the pilot ejected okay and is safe.

Kerryp44

Post by Kerryp44 »

From Bournemouth Echo website

A RED Arrow has crashed at Bournemouth Airport. Emergency services are at the scene.

The incident happened after a successful display at the Bournemouth Air Festival.

Eye-witness Liz Howard said she had been watching the display from Bournemouth Airport. She saw eight of the nine aircraft land and then saw a plume of smoke over a field near the airport.

"It's terrible," she said.

More details to follow.

stuart n

Post by stuart n »

Locking this for now as I've already posted the link to the thread regarding the crash