Sunderland International Airshow

News on all the seaside airshows up and down the country in one forum
westhamfan84

Sunderland International Airshow

Post by westhamfan84 »

Whats going on with this show no RAF at all and i cant see the show listed for any other display teams at all is the show still going on as the website claims it is?
Planned Shows for 2022 - Midlands air festival, Cosford, Weston, Southport, Riat, Blackpool, Bournemouth

jon93

Re: Sunderland International Airshow

Post by jon93 »

As far as I am aware it is still going ahead nothing on the regional news saying it isn't, however participation is a joke absolutley nothing apart from the black cats and yes they are a good team however I'm not going to sunderland just to see one display act, the organisers need to get their act together otherwise it will seriously backfire, if particiapation is really that bad just cancel it. Nothing RAF at all.

StevenH

Post by StevenH »

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30475

Shaping up to be another rubbish event this year after the distant snooze-fest of last year. There's so little left to see on the display circuit in this country these days, what are they supposed to book?

StevenH

Post by StevenH »

jon93 wrote:As far as I am aware it is still going ahead nothing on the regional news saying it isn't, however participation is a joke absolutley nothing apart from the black cats and yes they are a good team however I'm not going to sunderland just to see one display act, the organisers need to get their act together otherwise it will seriously backfire, if particiapation is really that bad just cancel it. Nothing RAF at all.

I'd rather they cancelled it than embarresed themselves as they did last year. Given how far everything is from this part of the world, I used to always to make the effort an struggle with the distant display line and the packed crowds just for the novely of going to an international airshow that I could be home from within an hour of the conclusion. But, last years awful thin and spaced out programme was just terrible and I won't be doing it again. I doubt this'll be the last show to feel the full force of how little there is to book in this country anymore either (if they do cancel/have a terrible lineup).

Chris G

Post by Chris G »

StevenH wrote:viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30475

Shaping up to be another rubbish event this year after the distant snooze-fest of last year. There's so little left to see on the display circuit in this country these days, what are they supposed to book?

There are plenty of aircraft to book Steven, it's just the case that they would rather spend the money on other things rather than bring aircraft to an airshow.

westhamfan84

Post by westhamfan84 »

Chris G wrote:
StevenH wrote:viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30475

There are plenty of aircraft to book Steven, it's just the case that they would rather spend the money on other things rather than bring aircraft to an airshow.

I agree with you Chris look at shows like Cosford it sells out year after year with pretty much the same line up every year so people must still want to see whats on offer. I think we are lucky in the UK to have so many good display teams like the Blades The Aerostars, Red Arrows all of which has not been booked. The website for the show claims that it is the largest free airshow in Europe and has used pictures of the Reds to promote the show. If the show does take place looks like there will be lots of disappointed people :sad:
Planned Shows for 2022 - Midlands air festival, Cosford, Weston, Southport, Riat, Blackpool, Bournemouth

westhamfan84

Post by westhamfan84 »

http://www.f16demoteam.nl/pages/calendar.php looks like the Dutch F16 will be there at least.