Bournemouth Air Festival 2009 - What do you want to see?

News on all the seaside airshows up and down the country in one forum
Embraer145

Bournemouth Air Festival 2009 - What do you want to see?

Post by Embraer145 »

[The provisional dates for 2009 will be 20th – 23rd August]

This year’s line-up was excellent; but what would you like to see next year at the Bournemouth Air Festival 2009 to make it even bigger and better?

Personally I’d like to see a Coast Guard rescue demonstration, Belgium Air Force F-16, Mustang and perhaps some historical American contributions. It would give the air show a more varied selection of displays and potentially draw in more punters. A demonstration from the FRA Falcons & the RAF Hawks on targeting a drug-smuggling ship for example could be interesting, too?

What do you think?

seahawk67

Re: Bournemouth Air Festival 2009 - What do you want to see?

Post by seahawk67 »

if as pre this year why not on the friday include some of the flypast for fra day as well would have been nice to get the bac 111 and e3 doing couple of passes ?

f3 tornado gr4 tornado or some sort of role demo

f16
marine assault from ship with helios ?

seahawk,seavixen,seafire formation ???

roll on next year :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Area51

Post by Area51 »

I think maybe some of these should get involved in next year's show...
- Dukes of Cassutt Team
- RNAF Bell 412 (doing it's SAR demo)
- At least a Hawker Hunter, maybe Miss Demeanour?!
- The Aerostars with their Yak's
- RAF Chinook, considering it attends quite a few large UK airshows.
- The Great War Display Team
- P-51D Mustang & P-40 Kittyhawk of Hangar 11 should do something, they did Eastbourne this year so Bournemouth should be a show for them to consider!
- Royal Jordanian Falcons...if they're in the UK during August next year?
- F-16 from either Belgium or Holland...or both :grin:

and just about everything that displayed at this year's show :biggrin:

Cheers, Area 51
Cheers,
Olly

fidlerde123

Post by fidlerde123 »

I would like to see at Bournemouth air festival 2009

Spitfire/Typhoon Synchronised Display

BBMF Dakota

Harrier Jumpjet

B52

Sarang

Post by Sarang »

Hey,

I would love to see the Patrouille Reva (aka Space Knights) from France with their Acroez and Variez aircraft...they have given amazing displays at Eastbourne in the past...

How about some French Air Force participation...the Cartouche Dore Team still havent displayed here, and they would be affordable compared to the PdF.

The Belgian or Dutch F16s would be amazing to see again over the sea....and some USAF participation (KC135??) would be good too...

so for me:

La Patrouille Reva
French Air Force Cartouche Dore
Belgian/RNLAF F-16 Fighting Falcon
USAF KC135

comedyjock

Post by comedyjock »

How about a beach invasion with aircraft/landing craft/marines/big bangs?

JAB

Post by JAB »

Embraer145 wrote:[The provisional dates for 2009 will be 20th – 23rd August]

This year’s line-up was excellent; but what would you like to see next year at the Bournemouth Air Festival 2009 to make it even bigger and better?

Personally I’d like to see a Coast Guard rescue demonstration, Belgium Air Force F-16, Mustang and perhaps some historical American contributions. It would give the air show a more varied selection of displays and potentially draw in more punters. A demonstration from the FRA Falcons & the RAF Hawks on targeting a drug-smuggling ship for example could be interesting, too?

What do you think?

I like the sound of your idea the Coastguard demo could be done by local chopper Whiskey Bravo either the old one or the new one, The historical American contributions well Sally-B would be great to have and the FRA Falcons & the RN Hawks aswel as the Red Arrow flypast with something like the BBMF Lanc, I saw the one on friday with G-NATY did the one with the Sea Vixen happen on Sunday?

Oh and the Russian Knights that be good to see.

James
Supporting WZ507.

The Americans claim victory right at the end.
As ever.

Hurn

Post by Hurn »

comedyjock wrote:How about a beach invasion with aircraft/landing craft/marines/big bangs?

Not sure you could do that on B/mth beach. There's miles of it, but the tide doesn't go out very far at all, so probably no room for it unlike at Southport for example.
The RAF Falcons have to get it just right landing at B/mth as the alternatives are a face full of cliffside or swimming in the drink. :grin:

JAB wrote:Red Arrow flypast with something like the BBMF Lanc, I saw the one on friday with G-NATY did the one with the Sea Vixen happen on Sunday?

Very low cloud and poor visibility meant it got scrubbed sadly.

Personally I'd like a couple more fast jets, maybe an F-16 and a Hunter added to the mix to keep the punters interested.
A couple more old WW2 warbirds would be good, and maybe even a serviceable Vulcan! :ninja:

JAB

Post by JAB »

Hurn wrote:
comedyjock wrote:
JAB wrote:Red Arrow flypast with something like the BBMF Lanc, I saw the one on friday with G-NATY did the one with the Sea Vixen happen on Sunday?

Very low cloud and poor visibility meant it got scrubbed sadly.

Personally I'd like a couple more fast jets, maybe an F-16 and a Hunter added to the mix to keep the punters interested.

Oh thats a shame that would off been a good flypast maybe next year do that?

James
Supporting WZ507.

The Americans claim victory right at the end.
As ever.

Disaster Area

Post by Disaster Area »

How about a FRA role demo, with a couple of Hawks flying with the Falcons, low, quick runs over the deck of whatever RFA boat they have moored of the coast next year.

Area51

Post by Area51 »

Disaster Area wrote:How about a FRA role demo, with a couple of Hawks flying with the Falcons, low, quick runs over the deck of whatever RFA boat they have moored of the coast next year.

I think there are plans for some sort of role demo for next years show. Quote from an old article in the Bournemouth Echo - "Commodore Jamie Miller of the Royal Fleet Auxiliary hopes to bring a marine invasion force and an American warship next year." (Whole article can be read here: http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/search/display.var.2442177.0.aiming_higher.php)

With any luck, Bournemouth could well hold the best airshow in the South of the UK for next year. :yahoo:

Area 51.

seahawk67

Post by seahawk67 »

first don`t change the date as i have already booked this week off work for the show :rock:

try some sea planes like cat landing on water or a russian jet sea plane ?

fast jets

mock battle with beach landing? harriers ,seakings,lynx etc just like yeovilton but over the sea?

:rock: :rock: :rock:

on next years show