Jersey International Air Display 2012

News on all the seaside airshows up and down the country in one forum
Niallxg

Re: Jersey International Air Display 2012

Post by Niallxg »

Looks like a good line up.

Can anyone recommend a good location to take shots from?

Thanks

Bronco

Post by Bronco »

Today's arrivals as of 1800L

RN Sea King HU.5 - 771 NAS
11x Dassault Alpha Jet - French Air Force La Patrouille de France
Max Holste Broussard - Patrouille Trenchant
Colomban Cri Cri - Brittany Shuttle
RN Merlin HM.1 - 824 NAS
4x Fouga Magister - Patrouille Trenchant
RAF Panavia Tornado GR.4 - 12 Squadron
2x RN Westland Lynx HM.A8 - Black Cats, 702 NAS
French Air Force Transall C.160 - PDF Support
3x RAF BAE Systems Hawk T.1/A - 208 Squadron (2x a/c 2012 display scheme)
RAF Avro Lancaster B.1 - Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
2x RAF Shorts Tucano T.1 - 72 R Squadron
French Air Force Extra 330 - Equipe de Voltage Armee de L'Air
RAF Beechcraft King Air 200 - 45 R Squadron

Practice Displays

North American T - 28S Fennec - Martin Willing / Radial Revelation
Saab Sk.60 - Swedish Air Force Historic Flight
Saab J - 29F Tunnan - Swedish Air Force Historic Flight
Saab 37 Viggen - Swedish Air Force Historic Flight
RAF BAE Systems Hawk T.1A - 208 Squadron
La Patrouille de France - French Air Force
La Patrouille Trenchant - Private
Brittany Shuttle (Broussard & CriCri)

Overshoots

2x RN Beechcraft Avenger T.1 - 750 NAS

st24

Post by st24 »

Bronco wrote:Today's arrivals as of 1800L

11x Dassault Alpha Jet - French Air Force La Patrouille de France
Max Holste Broussard - Patrouille Trenchant
Colomban Cri Cri - Brittany Shuttle
RN Merlin HM.1 - 824 NAS
4x Fouga Magister - Patrouille Trenchant
RAF Panavia Tornado GR.4 - 12 Squadron
2x RN Westland Lynx HM.A8 - Black Cats, 702 NAS
French Air Force Transall C.160 - PDF Support
3x RAF BAE Systems Hawk T.1/A - 208 Squadron (2x a/c 2012 display scheme)
RAF Avro Lancaster B.1 - Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
2x RAF Shorts Tucano T.1 - 72 R Squadron
French Air Force Extra 330 - Equipe de Voltage Armee de L'Air
RAF Beechcraft King Air 200 - 45 R Squadron

Practice Displays

North American T - 28S Fennec - Martin Willing / Radial Revelation
Saab Sk.60 - Swedish Air Force Historic Flight
Saab J - 29F Tunnan - Swedish Air Force Historic Flight
Saab 37 Viggen - Swedish Air Force Historic Flight
RAF BAE Systems Hawk T.1A - 208 Squadron
La Patrouille de France - French Air Force
La Patrouille Trenchant - Private
Brittany Shuttle (Broussard & CriCri)

Overshoots

2x RN Beechcraft Avenger T.1 - 750 NAS

Just wondering how :drool: was the Viggen???
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Bronco

Post by Bronco »

What a cracking show, perfect weather, albeit a tad tricky for photography with the sun

Some top displays from Patrouille Trenchant and Patrouille de France, Trenchant particularly graceful and entertaining. Viggen was great to see, although a shadow of its displays in Flygvapnet days, but a catch not to say the least for Mike and team. Sea Fury T.20 tore the bay apart with its usual polished performance, whilst the BUFF made great use of the display arena with 2 close passes over the bay.

Other highlights included the SAR Sea King HU.5 from the RN, Extra 330 from the French Air Force and the BBMF with the Lancaster and Spitfire PR.XIX, not of course forgetting RAFAT

In short a stunner of a show, topped off with some unusual acts, great commentary from Melvyn and Chris and the weather. Well done Mike. Here's to 2013

Andy L

Post by Andy L »

I agree with the above. Thanks to everyone for another super show.
The only disappointment was the no show from the Rafales.
Looking forward to next year.
Any chance the comitee can do something about the position of the sun?

Jsysco

Post by Jsysco »

It was a fantastic show - PdF, Black Cats, T28 and Sea King being the highlights for me. Thanks to all the organisers for an amazing job.

If we get enough people to start pushing at Corbiere, we might be able to spin the Island 180 degrees by next September! :lmao:

frank

Post by frank »

Really enjoyed the airshow, blue skies and a good variety of aircraft. Highlights for me were the Swedish jets - SK60, Tunnan and of course the Viggen. Havent seen the PDF yet this year so it was great to see them at my last airshow of the year. At one point we had the Lancaster fly overhead, I had to put my camera down and just listen ... with the feint strains of the dambusters playing somewhere in the background from the commentary team .. it was awesome.
Thanks to Andy (Seahawk) and Paul J for advice re airshow.

seahawk67

Post by seahawk67 »

Frank your welcome glad you had a good time i know mike higgins looks on these sites and is also glad we spread the word to people about the show looking forward to next year and lets see what mike can pull out of the hat for it? heard something will tell next year.
the weather did play ball this year blue sky who would have thought it after the year before fog and rain and the show Cancelled ed.
have lots to go through but hope to post some here jersey web site and my own web page soon

andy

DamienB

Post by DamienB »

st24 wrote:Just wondering how :drool: was the Viggen???

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

That much (well much more but "Your message contains too many smilies. The maximum number of smilies allowed is 5.")

What a stunning airshow. Classic jet exotica - and the imagination to put them up as a trio instead of dribbling them out throughout the day - mad stuff like the Cri-Cri on top of the Broussard, a B-52 managing to do something other than straight and level(!), Magister team, PdF *and* Reds... and of course sunshine, sunshine, sunshine. I honestly don't know how Jersey pull in such fantastic star items when so many UK shows just recycle the same line-up each year. Long may it continue!

st24

Post by st24 »

DamienB wrote:
st24 wrote:Just wondering how :drool: was the Viggen???

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

That much (well much more but "Your message contains too many smilies. The maximum number of smilies allowed is 5.")

What a stunning airshow. Classic jet exotica - and the imagination to put them up as a trio instead of dribbling them out throughout the day - mad stuff like the Cri-Cri on top of the Broussard, a B-52 managing to do something other than straight and level(!), Magister team, PdF *and* Reds... and of course sunshine, sunshine, sunshine. I honestly don't know how Jersey pull in such fantastic star items when so many UK shows just recycle the same line-up each year. Long may it continue!

Thats great to know - can't wait to see it!
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

JAVA

Post by JAVA »

There is no doubt that Jersey had a great line up this year. So many of the UK seaside shows are so similar. When I see the photos on this site it is hard to tell them apart.

Is it because they lack the imagination of Mike Higgins? I appreciate that money must be a BIG issue when bringing 3 thirsty jets all the way from Sweden, but some of the French items, like the Magisters and the Broussard/Cri Cri can't be that much more to bring to, say, Eastbourne or Shoreham.

Interesting that Jersey has decided not to book the Vulcan in the last couple of years.

Bronco

Post by Bronco »

Mike works very hard on Jersey, a lot harder than most organisers I would imagine. He always pulls rare and unusual displays out of the bag and the event has much acclaim amongst the airshow community. It has the location of many UK airshow firsts over the past 10 years or so. Vulcan has appeared twice since post restoration, but he thinks out of the bag so that the shows line ups are not too similar year on year.

Good news on 2013 is that the show will go ahead despite the recent uncertainty on funding. A guy from the Seychelles has stepped in to clear debts from 2011's fog bound show so that 2013's finances start with a clean bill of health and that the show can go ahead.

No date has yet been announced but the event usually takes place on the nearest Thursday to September 15th, so in 2013 I would assume September 12th as the date, but I willl keep this thread updated as and when a date is confirmed

SNJ-5

Post by SNJ-5 »

2013 - Jersey International Air Display will be held on Thursday 12th September. So book your time off now!

All being well the 2013 show will feature another UK first and another aircraft that has not been seen for many years.

JAVA

Post by JAVA »

SNJ-5 wrote:2013 - Jersey International Air Display will be held on Thursday 12th September. So book your time off now!

All being well the 2013 show will feature another UK first and another aircraft that has not been seen for many years.

Draken?