Eastbourne

Re: Eastbourne

Postby s7uar7 on Sun 18 Aug 2013, 9:12 pm

Was anyone else listening to the Reds on the radio? I could have sworn I heard one of them say, "I'm sick of Eastbourne" at the end of their display :lol:
s7uar7

Postby MC hammer on Sun 18 Aug 2013, 9:19 pm

s7uar7 wrote:Was anyone else listening to the Reds on the radio? I could have sworn I heard one of them say, "I'm sick of Eastbourne" at the end of their display :lol:

I was listening on the main frequency rather than their own but the last three days they have formed up out to sea and finished with a nice low 9 ship flypast from Beachy, which was a good photo opportunity, but today they just called complete and went. Maybe they were pushed for time?
MC hammer

Postby s7uar7 on Sun 18 Aug 2013, 9:23 pm

Yes, this was on 243.450. There was a fair bit of chatter when they'd finished, something I've not heard them do at RIAT (although that might just be because they usually land after their display at RIAT)
s7uar7

Postby Chrisse on Sun 18 Aug 2013, 9:45 pm

Well, I'll just go against the line of thinking here and say I think Mr. Bacon's style was quite well-suited for a seaside airshow, trying to engage a crowd of non-enthusiasts, there only to see the BBMF (quite a few packed up around me after they had flown) or the Red Arrows (what an exodus yesterday!). And my word, I don't think anyone could have bettered his Disney-pitch, it really excited the kids around me, really nice to see them cheering 2 small aerobatics aircraft. After seeing the Lynx from a distance this afternoon, I think there are other Army Air Corps elements that require attention far more urgently.
Chrisse

Postby tankbuster81 on Mon 19 Aug 2013, 7:33 am

The worst year I've attended ,and the acts seem to be further out to sea than normal,doubt i will go again,to overcrowded nowadays and that bloody drive!!!!!!
Don't bother running, you'll only die tired!!
tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Postby tankbuster81 on Mon 19 Aug 2013, 7:35 am

TommyBoxall wrote:
tankbuster81 wrote:Anyone got any idea of the following please? - for Sunday.
Cost to park at Beachy head?
Programme cost?
Tea/coffee wagon?
Line up for the day???

I will be wearing a blue West coast Demo team A10 t shirt...unsurprisingly! and camo trousers,give me a shout if you see me,be good to meet some of you.

Andy.

I saw you by the toilets at Beachy! Me, I had long hair, reddish colour shorts, and a white top with a pattern at the top :smile:

You should have knocked on the loo door Tommy!!!!! :cool:
tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Postby TBPhoto on Mon 19 Aug 2013, 8:41 am

tankbuster81 wrote:The worst year I've attended ,and the acts seem to be further out to sea than normal,doubt i will go again,to overcrowded nowadays and that bloody drive!!!!!!

I agree with you! Dad wasn't happy. & Ah, you looked at me as you came out the toilets! I was at the front of the queue :smile:
Nikon D7100
Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD
Nikon AF-S Nikon 50mm f/1.8G
Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 EX DC HSM
TBPhoto

Postby tankbuster81 on Mon 19 Aug 2013, 9:16 am

It wasnt the best I've attended thats for sure!
tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Previous

Return to Seaside Shows