Bournemouth 2009 participants

News on all the seaside airshows up and down the country in one forum
greatdogs

Re: Bournemouth 2009 participants

Post by greatdogs »

(The Sea Vixen has been withdrawn because the pilot is ill and an F86 Sabre and a Vampire T11 will take its place)quote from the daily echo web site this morning,if you believe the daily echo!!

Hurn

Post by Hurn »

Just read on the B/mth Echo 'blog' that the Vulcan flypast on Thursday will be 'slightly longer than expected!' :yahoo: :vulcan:

jimbob1194

Post by jimbob1194 »

Live action of the show. Its a live webcam on the pier :biggrin: it doesn't move, though you can see what is happening http://sortedsurfshop.co.uk/weather.asp?cam=bournemouth[url][/url]
Bring on tommorow :biggrin:
James
The Mustang won't do what a Spitfire does, but it does it over Berlin.

Muppet

Post by Muppet »

jimbob1194 wrote:Live action of the show. Its a live webcam on the pier :biggrin: it doesn't move, though you can see what is happening http://sortedsurfshop.co.uk/weather.asp?cam=bournemouth[url][/url]
Bring on tommorow :biggrin:
James

Great, cheers! :clap:

N48284

Post by N48284 »

Anyone know the display frequency in use?

Disaster Area

Post by Disaster Area »

118.650 & 121.175
Last edited by Disaster Area on Fri 21 Aug 2009, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob Capa

Post by Bob Capa »

At the risk of appearing stupid, what does the Swift glider do at the end of it's display?
I work in Bournemouth, but have never been to the show. I like the Swift team, having seen it at Kemble....Old Sarum, Little gransden. Doesn't it land at the end?

Disaster Area

Post by Disaster Area »

No it is being towed by the pawnee for the whole display at sea fronts, only if there is a runway in close proximity does it detach and do a seperate display

Bob Capa

Post by Bob Capa »

Thank you for that.
I guess that tow rope must cope with a hell of a lot of force.
I like the pawnee. It looks fit for purpose.

mav

Post by mav »

Just had a look at the seafront in Bournemouth on this live web cam link http://www.sortedsurfshop.co.uk/weather ... ournemouth the beach is packed and weather looking great for an airshow :rock:
Cotswold Airport, Abingdon & Throckmorton Events Team Member.

Muppet

Post by Muppet »

mav wrote:Just had a look at the seafront in Bournemouth on this live web cam link http://www.sortedsurfshop.co.uk/weather ... ournemouth the beach is packed and weather looking great for an airshow :rock:

Just seen the Vulcan doing her display on it, 1st time I've seen her "for real-ish" since 1992 :smile:

Hurn

Post by Hurn »

Beach was packed. We managed to find a little spot down by the shore, which was great as the aircraft came in close.

Vulcan looked great over the sea, as they all did really. All in all it was a tremendous day with some great acts and great flying.

More tomorrow! :yahoo:

wessex01

Post by wessex01 »

Went to the Bournemouth show for the first time yesterday. Really enjoyed it, great venue and a minimal wait for the Park & Ride services from/to Bournemouth University.

The displays over the sea were great.

Well done to all concerned :clap: :clap: :clap:

Area51

Post by Area51 »

Another one here who went to see the aircraft today. First time I've been near the display area for any Bournemouth shows; apart from having the sun directly infront of you, some good photo opportunities were had.

I will be posting some photos on the Airshow Photography section of the board at some point tomorrow. :biggrin:
Cheers,
Olly

Hurn

Post by Hurn »

Another great show today. Got more than a little 'cooked' in the sunshine. :grin:
Went up the Boscombe end today, which was a little more relaxed and spacious than around B/mth, although you had to look into the sun a bit more.

Enjoyed the day again though; Sally B was great to see, as were the Vulcan, Mustang, Spitfire and Kittyhawk.
Not to mention the Typhoon, which would have made some stunning photographic shots today with the vapour it was producing. :rock:

duxfordhawk

Post by duxfordhawk »

Just a quick question did MH434 lose control momentarily during its display on Sunday?
We were down by the pier and she was at other end of display line at time but looked like she rolled badly at top of loop and spun twice on the way down, He carried on after by my friend swore that the commentator said "its ok he will recover that".
Any ideas?
Martin
To see my Photos go to
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dxhawk/

NeilH68

Post by NeilH68 »

Made it both days of the weekend, what a great show...as said the beach was packed.

What a wonderful weekend, and hoping it`ll happen again next year.

Disaster Area

Post by Disaster Area »

Next years dates confirmed Thursday 19th - Sunday 22nd August

Muppet

Post by Muppet »

Disaster Area wrote:Next years dates confirmed Thursday 19th - Sunday 22nd August

Great, in my Outlook Calender already as I cocked up this year :roll:.

JAB

Post by JAB »

duxfordhawk wrote:Just a quick question did MH434 lose control momentarily during its display on Sunday?
We were down by the pier and she was at other end of display line at time but looked like she rolled badly at top of loop and spun twice on the way down, He carried on after by my friend swore that the commentator said "its ok he will recover that".
Any ideas?

I did not see that , then again it could off happened when I was looking to see where the P-51 Mustang was :grin: wonder if anyone got that on video :question:

ATB
james
Supporting WZ507.

The Americans claim victory right at the end.
As ever.

itfcscott
UKAR Staff

Post by itfcscott »

Disaster Area wrote:Next years dates confirmed Thursday 19th - Sunday 22nd August

I will be down there on the 21st (Subject to weather conditions, Operational Commitments and Servicability :grin: )

Petra@hallmark

Post by Petra@hallmark »

Amazing show in Bournemouth!!!

For those who missed it, have a look at the youtube Air Fest channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/BournemouthAirFest) for some awesome highlights footage of the display... There is also the 2009 DVD coming up that is available to pre-order at http://www.hallmarkproductions.com/Air%20Festival.html

Enjoy!! :biggrin:

itfcscott
UKAR Staff

Post by itfcscott »

Ordered the DVD a few weeks ago :biggrin: