Bournemouth Air Festival 2014

News on all the seaside airshows up and down the country in one forum

Re: Bournemouth Air Festival 2014

Post by 106500 »

Latest is that Vulcan is before Chinook

Reds Rolling

Post by Reds Rolling »

Yes, Vulcan now at 15.28 presumably in place of the (still u/s?) RR Spitfire.

BBMF have also tweeted that their Lancaster (Thumper) is now fixed and ready to go today. :up:

Reds Rolling

Post by Reds Rolling »

A simply stunning afternoon at B/mth Air Festival. Beautiful classic jet displays in the sun and that Heritage jet flypast. :drool: :love: :yahoo: :rock:

steve185cs

Post by steve185cs »

I have got to say, having been to all of the Bournemouth seafront Air Festivals since it started, I have not seen so many people at the event over the weekend. I was not down there on the Thurs or Fri, but Sat & Sun were packed, record breaker ?? Well done to all involved putting this show on, top (World ?) event and a great line up of participants, and it's free... what more can you ask for. Bring on 2015 :clap:

Steve

BFA
UKAR Supporter

Post by BFA »

An unbelievably good day today in Bournemouth.
It's been a crazy week for me , taken so many pictures over the last 5 days in various locations around the airport and sea front area.

Saturday , which unfortunately was the day I promised to go and visit several groups of people on the beach was an absolute nightmare . I have never seen so many people down there. In all honesty it was too much for me and I was glad to get out of the place and back to the relatively tranquil surroundings of the airport.
Sunday thankfully was a lot quieter affair on the cliff top . Lovely sunshine and not the masses of people experienced the day before.
The booking of the Vulcan on the Sunday was a great addition but the heritage formation stole the show for me .

FremlinsMan

Post by FremlinsMan »

Tilney.G wrote:What a fantastic 4 days, First time I was wowed by the Vulcan, and of course the Heritage flypast was amazing! :yahoo:

If I counted correctly, we got three 'Vulcan Howls' - I think the pilot was giving us a special treat!

JBartlett

Post by JBartlett »

Went Sunday with me cousin was good show especially the Avon flypast :drool: IMO that has to been the best Vulcan display I've seen, the only downside I have is the music playing during the BBMF :down:

James
RIP Red 4, Flight Lieutenant Jon Egging 1978 - 2011
RIP Red 5, Flight Lieutenant Sean Cunningham

Reds Rolling

Post by Reds Rolling »

JBartlett wrote:Went Sunday with me cousin was good show especially the Avon flypast :drool: IMO that has to been the best Vulcan display I've seen, the only downside I have is the music playing during the BBMF :down:

James

I was there on Saturday and Sunday and the Vulcan was brilliant on both days. Phil O Dell has really grown into the role displaying the Vulcan and was easily on a par with Kev Rumens from the previous day. :clap:

The music over the PA is annoying and stupid, which is partly the reason I tend to head down to the shoreline to watch the show as you're mostly out of earshot of it.
That said, on the Sunday I only went along for the jets and managed to find a nice spot on the cliffs which had a broken speaker, which just added to making it a perfect afternoon. :grin: