Jersey Air Display 2015

News on all the seaside airshows up and down the country in one forum
farnboroughrob

Jersey Air Display 2015

Post by farnboroughrob »

Any ideas on the dates for this, would I be right in saying Thursday 10 September? Looking to go over Tuesday-Saturday with the wife and want to get a hotel sorted sooner rather than later.

JAVA

Re: Jersey Air Display 2015

Post by JAVA »

There has been talk of a move to a weekend date:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-29084451

Don't know if that implied as soon as 2015?

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Thanks java , that does say "Mr Higgins said it would still be on as normal in 2015 as work organising it had already started" so i take that to say 2nd Thursday in September.

Jersey Organiser

Post by Jersey Organiser »

The Jersey International Air Display in 2015 will take place on Thursday 10th September.

I will be consulting within the Island about whether or not to move the event from its traditional Thursday in the second week in September to a weekend or to bring the event a week forward during the year but any such changes will be announced at least a year in advance in order to give plenty of advanced warning.

We are already looking for some new and original aircraft for the 2015 air display. If anyone has any information or suggestions please email me at m.r.higgins@live.com

melvyn hiscock

Post by melvyn hiscock »

Jersey is a great show to go to, but then I would say that as I am biased. However, if you are thinking of going check out the review on GAR of the 2014 show

http://www.globalaviationresource.com/v ... play-2014/

andrewman

Post by andrewman »

Never been to Jersey airshow but I happen to have that week off in 2015 so might be going, if they can get the Draken and Viggen back I will certainly be going :smile:
2004 bathroom window photographer of the year

my facebook

https://twitter.com/Andrewsteer84 My Twitter

Gareth V

Post by Gareth V »

Went to Jersey for the first time this year, and I must say I was impressed. Granted the display is a little short, but all in all I think it delivered a good mix of planes with some interesting additions. I think a move to a Saturday would be better as midweek gets a bit tricky to attend for those who have to work and as the organiser stated some planes cannot perform midweek due to operational constraints. But was a great show, and I fell in love with Jersey as a place when I was out there too!
Twitter @WordsFromGareth Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/justgareth/albums (i'm no pro, just enjoy taking pics)

frank

Post by frank »

QQ please - does Jersey airshow have a practice day prior to airshow day
many thanks Frank

clearstone

Post by clearstone »

Some items may have a practice, but it is hit and miss.

frank

Post by frank »

Thanks for the reply, I was thinking of the Swedish HF - wondered if they needed to do a DA or equivalent. Trying to cover Wednesday just in case bad weather on Thursday.

melvyn hiscock

Post by melvyn hiscock »

Just to be clear, there is no set practice day but aircraft arriving without a CAA DA are asked to display for the Flying Control Committee for validation.

itfcscott
UKAR Staff

Post by itfcscott »

Latest list on the website:

RAF Tutor
RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
- Lancaster
- Spitfire
- Hurricane
RAF Aerobatic Team - Red Arrows
RAF SeaKing SAR

Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Post by Thumper »

Is the date for Jersey Airshow sticking to Thursday 10th September? I really need to know because the ferry crossing alone is £365 if I book now which is a ridiculous price and it's only going to get steeper the longer I wait!!

WG655
UKAR Staff

Post by WG655 »

Don't quote me on this but I believe the change to a weekend show will occur next year (2016) as the announcement was made too late for the change to take effect this year. The website is still saying Thursday 10th September.

jules48

Post by jules48 »

That's what happens when you only have one operator on the route which keeps breaking down.I went 2 years ago and it cost over £500 booking months in advance.Its cheaper to fly and hire a car if you live near Southampton

Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Post by Thumper »

Flying is really the only choice as the ferry price is quite frankly a joke!! The only problem with care hire is they want you to have had a license for over 3 years which I don't and I really don't want a public transport holiday to be honest, I also don't really want to book now incase the date changes but as of earlier there aren't many seats left on flights the days I can go! Decisions decisions :confused:

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

Thumper wrote:Flying is really the only choice as the ferry price is quite frankly a joke!! The only problem with care hire is they want you to have had a license for over 3 years which I don't and I really don't want a public transport holiday to be honest, I also don't really want to book now incase the date changes but as of earlier there aren't many seats left on flights the days I can go! Decisions decisions :confused:

I've used public transport the past two years to get from the airport to St. Helier. The bus takes an age but is dirt cheap and if you have no time constraints it shouldn't cause you any hassle.
The date shouldn't change, it was published months ago and displays are already booked.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

I am giving it a miss this year, went to Gurnesey air-rally instead. Last year I came by Easyjet from LGW, less than £50 booked only a few weeks before. Its the first flight in and I was there when the static opened at 08:30 . I stayed at the airport with friends viewing for the aeroclub balcony. But could have got the bus to the beach easily. The flight back was at 18:50 but there is a later one at 20:40. The latter will give you loads of time for the display and eats afterwards. Currently shows at £56 for the day return.

jules48

Post by jules48 »

Don't worry.It is definitely the 10th as aircraft are already confirmed.It always a good 4 hour show with normally some special items not often seen.If you fly you can take the bus from the airport to St Aubin Bay which is great for viewing if you don't want to go into town.If you are going for a few days though you would obviously have to consider other options.I do not know your dates but if you can take the later crossing back which leaves at 5.30pm the cost does reduce somewhat.I hope you have somewhere to stay as accommodation is pretty expensive. Good luck

frank

Post by frank »

Booked flights and hotel. Here's hoping for some sun and a good update to participation list.

Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Post by Thumper »

Unfortunately I have ditched Jersey for this year as it's just too costly so I will go next year to make the most of it. Thank you for all the help and advice, I had everything planned but with a timeframe of only 3 nights (4 days) I felt it wasn't worth the cost with 2 of those days going on travelling, so at least next year I can book well in advance, take a week out and hopefully make it cheaper and/or more worthwhile! I just hope they settle on next years date early enough for me to plan and book ahead to get a good deal and of course the Tunan and Viggen would be perfect. I hope all of you going have a wonderful time!

frank

Post by frank »

All a bit quiet on the update front on website , any unofficial news or rumours kicking around

jules48

Post by jules48 »

Showing Swedish Viggen,Draken,Tunnan flying and Polish Navy AN28 for static.This is taken from Flight line

Stu666

Post by Stu666 »

It always puzzles me why they hold the Jersey air show in the week during term time.

As a lad, Jersey was only the second air show I'd ever attended, way back in 1993, and I have lovely memories of watching the display from Elizabeth Castle. Unfortunately this is an event my children are unlikely to experience, particularly with the current school absence rules, which are very much stricter than in my day.

It's a shame really, because I'd base a holiday around it if it was held during late July/August.

Bronco

Post by Bronco »

The latest partufticipants list for Jersey International Air Display
RAF Red Arrows
RAF BBMF Lancaster B.1 or Dakota C.3
RAF BBMF Hurricane IIC
RAF BBMF Spitfire
RAF Sea King HAR.3A Role Demo
RAF Tutor
RN Sea King HU.5 Role Demo
RN Merlin HM.2 (Static)