Dawlish Air Show 2015

News on all the seaside airshows up and down the country in one forum
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: Dawlish Air Show 2015

Post by Wissam24 »

Yeah but remember that Facebook post?

That said, it woudl be very nice to have her tearing over our heads indeed!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

CrowdlinePhotography

Post by CrowdlinePhotography »

Flying update tomorrow. That will probably be the Sea Vixen and Czech Mates.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

I'm glad to be wrong! Foxy will be at Dawlish :yahoo: :yahoo:
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

CrowdlinePhotography

Post by CrowdlinePhotography »

Any chance of the Mig-15 do we think? Gutted it cancelled at Yeovilton.

zeus17

Post by zeus17 »

Hi
Could anyone please put the postcode for smugglers please.
Have a bad virus which is downloading non stop adverts/pop-ups.
This is my tenth time at trying to get on here but it keeps locking up.
So many thanks in advance as my laptop is more like a toaster at the moment.
Have tried many programs but me thinks a format is now the only way.

rob68

Post by rob68 »

Really easy to find. Come out of Dawlish on coast road towards Torquay. It's on the left about 2 miles out of town. Can't miss it

seacat192

Post by seacat192 »

Here you go: EX7 0LA

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

One word.... VULCAN! :yahoo:

It is not yet confirmed but according to the airshows facebook they have provisionally booked it.
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

But needs our donations

captainfurious

Post by captainfurious »

Well, well, well. Maybe I do get one last goodbye. I am more than happy to donate and fair play for the idea but this is so late! 8 Days! Wish this had been set up sooner. Still, mild optimism that they wouldn't dangle a carrot like this if they aren't confident in raising the money. Donated and fingers, toes and all other bits crossed.

BFA
UKAR Supporter

Post by BFA »

Planning on doing Dawlish this year for a change of scenery away from Bournemouth.
Now I hear the Smugglers inn area is the place to be so that is where I want to head.
My question is ..... What's the score with parking etc ? And is it a case of arriving super early to bag a spot ?
Any pointers greatly appreciated !

Thanks

DDM10

Post by DDM10 »

Really hope they manage to secure the Vulcan (even if they don't hit the target). Agree it should have been set up much earlier.
£10 donated and fingers crossed!
"Well Ted, as I said last time, it won't happen again."

POD

Post by POD »

Thanks for the donations guys, another one thousand tenners and we will be there.... :sweat: :sweat:

Yes, in an idea world we would love to have all this stuff set up months in advance..in reality it doesn't happen that way....there is a million and one reasons why...The donations button has been on the site all year and surely the line up already assembled was worth a £10 of anyone's money before our ambitious attempt to book the Vulcan..... :whistle: but hey it is what it is, we will give it our best shot.... :dunno: :dunno:
Tiger Tiger!

captainfurious

Post by captainfurious »

Thanks for the response POD. I have huge admiration for the team making this last minute effort I hope everyone helps Dawlish Air show achieve what would be a magnificent accomplishment!

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Thanks Kev. Here's hoping. Did I also see you'll be getting an raf sea king sar demo? That'll be the last ever one, surely?

FarnboroJohn

Post by FarnboroJohn »

Donation done. Fingers crossed! Some nice weather would be appreciated too....

John

DDM10

Post by DDM10 »

The donations button has been on the site all year and surely the line up already assembled was worth a £10 of anyone's money before our ambitious attempt to book the Vulcan..... :whistle: but hey it is what it is, we will give it our best shot....

Completely agree, we always donate at the show rather than online, but having a visible target to reach is a good motivator to donate some money before the day.

And as you say, even if the Vulcan doesn't appear the show is well worth people's donations.
"Well Ted, as I said last time, it won't happen again."

POD

Post by POD »

Thanks guys.... fingers crossed...we managed over £1,000 today so fingers crossed..... :sweat: :sweat:

Sam, there will be a Yellow Sea King here on Friday only..its Chivenor's families day on the Saturday..... :sad: :sad: :sad:

Kev
Tiger Tiger!

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

POD wrote:Thanks guys.... fingers crossed...we managed over £1,000 today so fingers crossed..... :sweat: :sweat:

Sam, there will be a Yellow Sea King here on Friday only..its Chivenor's families day on the Saturday..... :sad: :sad: :sad:

Kev

Might have to see ifI can sneak away to see that. Any idea what time it'll be appearing?

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

They are at over halfway now with £4634 raised so far.

Logster

Post by Logster »

Keeping fingers crossed that target is reached and weather plays ball!
Looking like a great show this year anyway to be honest; can't wait.

Are the Friday times in the programme? Would like to see the demo again as not seen with the RAF for some time and will be my last chance I reckon.

Matt

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Logster wrote:Keeping fingers crossed that target is reached and weather plays ball!

Are the Friday times in the programme? Would like to see the demo again as not seen with the RAF for some time and will be my last chance I reckon.

Matt

Good chance it will be everyone's last chance I think (unless they're at Chivenor)!

sopwithflyer

Post by sopwithflyer »

Wissam24 wrote:
Logster wrote:Keeping fingers crossed that target is reached and weather plays ball!

Matt

Good chance it will be everyone's last chance I think (unless they're at Chivenor)!

Whats happening at Chivenor Wissam. Am down there for a for weeks at next month. Thanks in advance

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

sopwithflyer wrote:
Wissam24 wrote:

Matt

Whats happening at Chivenor Wissam. Am down there for a for weeks at next month. Thanks in advance

As above: "there will be a Yellow Sea King here on Friday only..its Chivenor's families day on the Saturday....." As far as I know those as the last RAF Sar demos down from now on - would be glad to be corrected.

SWATCO

Post by SWATCO »

A side from the Vulcan, anyone know if there is going to be anymore acts confirmed?