Rhyl Airshow 2015

News on all the seaside airshows up and down the country in one forum

Re: Rhyl Airshow 2015

Post by 5944 »

eddywinch82 wrote:Ben Dunnell he often commentates at Duxford Airshows.

That's it! Cheers.

Stu666

Post by Stu666 »

Did the Hawk Role Demo display time change today? Arrived at 3pm after a last-minute decision to catch the Vulcan one last time, but was mildly disappointed not to see the Role Demo. I believe they were down for 4:20pm?

Post by 5944 »

Stu666 wrote:Did the Hawk Role Demo display time change today? Arrived at 3pm after a last-minute decision to catch the Vulcan one last time, but was mildly disappointed not to see the Role Demo. I believe they were down for 4:20pm?

Yes, they opened the show at 2pm, swapping with Lauren Richardson who displayed in their slot just before the Vulcan.

Stu666

Post by Stu666 »

5944 wrote:
Stu666 wrote:Did the Hawk Role Demo display time change today? Arrived at 3pm after a last-minute decision to catch the Vulcan one last time, but was mildly disappointed not to see the Role Demo. I believe they were down for 4:20pm?

Yes, they opened the show at 2pm, swapping with Lauren Richardson who displayed in their slot just before the Vulcan.

Thanks 5944.

eddywinch82

Post by eddywinch82 »

What a cracking Airshow it's been at Rhyl this weekend. So pleased to see the Falcons drop today, they were ultra precise fantastic Stuff and the Hawk T2 role demo was enjoyable too, and rounded off with the Red Arrows which put on a full corking display. It was also great to see the Newly restored RNHF Swordfish, and a great display by the Strikemaster I enjoyed all the displays a varied lineup and all for Free !! A really superb weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed it !!! ))) Also great informative commentary from Ben Dunnell, I have always liked his commentary at Duxford Airshows.

Gareth V

Post by Gareth V »

5944 wrote:
eddywinch82 wrote:Ben Dunnell he often commentates at Duxford Airshows.

That's it! Cheers.

Very rare to find a show which isn't George Bacon, Ben Dunnell or Sean Moffat , but I must say I enjoyed the light hearted commentary at Dunsfold which was Brendan O'Brien and Melvyn Hiscock.
Twitter @WordsFromGareth Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/justgareth/albums (i'm no pro, just enjoy taking pics)

bunnygo

Post by bunnygo »

not exactly an expert as I don't remember the last time I went to an airshow, but Saturday was a brilliant day. Main objective was the Vulcan, but got there in time to see the Dakota and the Spitfire. Did I miss the Hurricane or was it not there?

obviously very busy but perfect weather and despite the huge crowds, a good relaxed atmosphere. No escape from the painful singer in the break (lots of complaints heard about that!) but once that stopped all was good. So fortunate with the Vulcan which I think will be a great memory for all those who were there.

might even go again - definitely worth taking food due to huge queues, but it is free and as you are facing out to sea, there is a perfect backdrop for the displays.

eddywinch82

Post by eddywinch82 »

No BBMF Hurricane either day unfortunately.

bunnygo

Post by bunnygo »

thanks - hopefully another time. Wonder what happened?

Gareth V

Post by Gareth V »

It could well have been down to serviceability as (and correct me if I am wrong) BBMF have just 2 Hurricanes. Often when there are multiple commitments in a day they have split them between the available aircraft and pilots. I remember a conversation with one of the BBMF team who said that throughout the summer weekends they were splitting commitments usually north/ south to better utilise the fleet of aircraft to meet demand (especially seeing as its with the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain). I am guessing this is also about splitting flight hours between the fleet more evenly. He also said that the absence of the Lancaster means that there is no need to use the same fighters for different shows on the same day, so it may have something to do with this as both a Hurricane and Spit flew at Dunsfold which was on the same day... pure guess work but it maybe this.
Twitter @WordsFromGareth Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/justgareth/albums (i'm no pro, just enjoy taking pics)

WG655
UKAR Staff

Post by WG655 »

You're correct Gareth - I understand the Hurricane scheduled to appear went tech.