Southport Airshow 2015

News on all the seaside airshows up and down the country in one forum
Rory76

Re: Southport Airshow 2015

Post by Rory76 »

Did give a nice contrast between the howl and the quiet tho.
Ricoh Caplio R5

Sony A300 ('L' Plates Fitted)

ericbee123

Post by ericbee123 »

With regards to not hearing the commentary, I was listening to the commentary in my car while parked up at Lytham.

Take a cheap FM radio and tune into the Airshow frequency 87.7 FM next time :)
Disclaimer-I have spell/grammar checked this post, it may still contain mistakes that might cause offence.

wellsie82@gmail.com

Post by wellsie82@gmail.com »

I've been vocal in the past of criticising the Southport airshow for various reasons so only right that I give them a pat on the back.

I sometimes go both days but went just on the Saturday this year. Yesterday was spent editing & shooting the jets down at Liverpool (as well as this morning too :lmao: :yahoo: )

Anyway, I couldn't fault it this year. The stuff they attracted was good & despite it being a paid event, the value for money really is quite tremendous. Loved the Chinook, Hawk T2 demo & the Typhoon, but of course nothing tops *that* flypast & the display by the Vulcan. All of which was against a clear blue sky.

We travelled by train - got there early & didn't leave till 7ish which worked out well in terms of missing the big volume of people.

For those interested, my shots are now up in a new gallery along with the stuff I got at Liverpool yesterday/this morning http://www.jasonwells.co.uk/Photography ... show-2015/

AndyXH558

Post by AndyXH558 »

Great day, set off at 6am to pick martin up and we were at Southport at 8am in the front of the queue, of course it didnt stop two cars pushing in. One of which got a huge telling off from the wife of one of the ones they had pushed in front of. It didnt matter as we were in at about 845 and parked up.

The e- ticket system was terrible. everyone who had bought them were not told that they needed a wristband, there were a couple of disgruntled people because of this.

Still we got in and set up camp next to the commentary caravan, which might have been a little mistake with the speaker behind us. so when speaking you had to shout!! But, we got an amazing view.

Air display itself. well as everyone has said about the Red Arrows/ XH558 formation being so good. I have to agree and to be brutally honest was tighter and closer than the ones at RIAT. The Vulcan display itself was sublime and when she is finally retired its going to hit me hard. but she hasnt yet and i will see her a couple of times before that.

The Sea King was a very sad display. Thinking that we will never see them after this year is something id never think of. Always had a soft spot for it.

Teichman in the PR11 was a great display, so was G-Evil, The scout was a very welcome display as ive not seen that for quite a while.

It did seem a little disjointed due to various cancellations but it was a great day. a tenner to get in was great value too. But all good things must come to an end. So we left as the Reds displayed to get away from the traffic troubles to come and was home for 630.

All in all a great day, I will be back next year. Thanks to IanF and Hammy for the laughs and banter all day.
Life's a piece of S*** if you look at it!

eddywinch82

Post by eddywinch82 »

The Spitfire XI and Hurricane formation display, was fitting given it's the 75th Anniversary year of the Battle of Britain, it really was a well thought
out Airshow by the organizers ! Which Hurricane was it flying Yesterday with the Hangar 11 Spitfire XI, replacing their Hurribomber which went tech on the saturday ? Am I right in thinking it's based at Biggin Hill Airfield ? Who is it owned by ?

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

eddywinch82 wrote:The Spitfire XI and Hurricane formation display, was fitting given it's the 75th Anniversary year of the Battle of Britain, it really was a well thought
out Airshow by the organizers ! Which Hurricane was it flying Yesterday with the Hangar 11 Spitfire XI, replacing their Hurribomber which went tech on the saturday ? Am I right in thinking it's based at Biggin Hill Airfield ? Who is it owned by ?

It's owned by the Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar and based at Biggin Hill.
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

eddywinch82

Post by eddywinch82 »

Here is TVOC's report from the Vulcans appearance at Southport Airshow last weekend enjoy :-

http://www.vulcantothesky.org/news/705/ ... hport.html

Mooshie1956

Post by Mooshie1956 »

Just sign off for the 2015 show. From the Airshow FB page.

So this morning we woke up to some very exciting news, the ‪#‎southportairshow‬ been shortlisted for TWO awards in the Liverpool City Region Tourism Awards - Large Tourism Event of the Year & Tourism Experience of the Year for the last ever flypast of the Vulcan XH558 and the RAF Red Arrows. The Air Show is organised by such a small team, we are so immensely proud to be nominated for such prestigious awards. Our event would be nothing without our loyal customers, so thank you to you all. Now have your say and nominate us for the People's Choice Award....go team ‪#‎airshow‬ and fans - Happy Friday ‪#‎LCRTourismAwards‬
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/mooshie1956/
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-400 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens