Torbay Airshow 2016

News on all the seaside airshows up and down the country in one forum
Nige321

Re: Torbay Airshow 2016

Post by Nige321 »

getting visitors to park in designated areas ( council/NCP carparks ) instead of them antagonising the residents by clogging up the local streets

Unfortunately it's not the visitors antagonising the locals, it's their own council.

I can understand some of the road closures near the front, but some of them are bizzare, and can't have anything to do with safety...

Nige321

Post by Nige321 »

Drop the Dead Donkey...

TORBAY Council has performed a last-minute U-Turn by lifting 16 parking restriction on some streets where it cars had previously been banned for the weekend's airshow.

Crowds of up to 150,000 are expected in the Bay for the first-ever three day festival based at Paignton.

Initially 75 road closures were slapped on roads from Torquay to Goodrington.

But on Wednesday afternoon the council announced that it was removing 16 of the parking restrictions at the following locations which had previously been imposed for Friday June 10 at 6pm until Sunday June 12 at 7.30pm:

Read more: http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/T ... z4B0chPain
Follow us: @TQHeraldExpress on Twitter | theheraldexpress on Facebook

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

If you're planning on taking the train from Torquay to Paignton for the show...don't!

Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

GazBOH

Post by GazBOH »

Hmm weather looking a bit poo for tomorrow, but still planning a trip along the south coast from bmth.

Can anyone confirm any restricted public access areas? The Pier, Roundham Head etc. I see from the parking restrictions around the head access will be restricted, assuming this is just motor vehicles?

digitalsafari

Post by digitalsafari »

Watching on PlanesTV live, weather improving!

Comet102

Post by Comet102 »

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMXCH4leVx0[/youtube]

The Yakovlevs are on now, the Blades just finished.

The RAF Typhoon is on next.

County1884

Post by County1884 »

Blooming hell how far away we're the BBMF! Talk about struggle to make an impact :sad:

Alanko

Post by Alanko »

I watched a bit of it live on Youtube. It all looked fairly sedate, and some of the wide-angle shots would suggest the aircraft were pretty far away? There was at least one shot of the BBMF pair that made it look like they were way out over the sea?

I thought the Breitling wingwalkers looked especially slow and sedate, with the commentator doing the hard work of trying to make it sound like they were pushing the envelope. I remember seeing the 'Utterly Butterly' team when I was a kid and I'm sure they flew directly over head and performed more vigorous manoeuvres?