Southport Airshow 2016

Re: Southport Airshow 2016

Postby Greydrake on Fri 09 Sep 2016, 1:00 pm

Gutted about tonight as missed it in Ayr as we ran away when it started raining! And the typhoon from afar looked incredible!
Ah well will be in that queue for the beach super early tomorrow
Greydrake

Postby HeyfordDave111 on Fri 09 Sep 2016, 2:40 pm

String bag over Liverpool north to Woodvale in blustery grey skies at 15.39
Got to love Russianhardware
HeyfordDave111

Postby jules48 on Fri 09 Sep 2016, 3:29 pm

Perhaps they could arrange the night display for tomorrow.I know at other airshows this year where the weather has been pants they have managed to.I am not going this year but it would be a shame not to see the Typhoon with its afterburners on at night.it really is spectacular.
jules48

Postby westhamfan84 on Fri 09 Sep 2016, 5:35 pm

Has anybody got the display frequencies used at southport?
Planned Shows for 2016 Cosford, Blackpool, Southport
westhamfan84

Postby ColeTheDemolisher on Fri 09 Sep 2016, 6:32 pm

westhamfan84 wrote:Has anybody got the display frequencies used at southport?

No I'm looking for them too. if you find them please post them here :wink:
Uniden UBC125XLT

The Jacket kid

Sorry Goose, but its time to Buzz the tower...

Dudley, West Midlands
ColeTheDemolisher

Postby ColeTheDemolisher on Fri 09 Sep 2016, 6:36 pm

This is off http://www.military-airshows.co.uk/freq.htm#scsouth i dont know if these are any help
Scanner Frequencies for Southport Airshow:
Aircraft for the Southport airshow usually operate from Blackpool Airport, Liverpool Airport, and RAF Woodvale.

Scanner Frequencies for Blackpool
Approach - 119.95
Radar - 135.95
Tower - 118.4
ATIS - 121.75

Scanner Frequencies for Liverpool (John Lennon) Airport
Approach - 119.85
Radar - 118.45
Tower - 126.35
Ground - 121.95
Operations - 129.775
ATIS - 124.325

Scanner Frequencies for RAF Woodvale
Approach - 121.0, 282.575
Tower - 119.75, 278.2
Operations - 233.75
Add the Common Air Display Frequencies.

Anyone know which is going to be the 'main' display frequency?
Uniden UBC125XLT

The Jacket kid

Dudley, West Midlands
ColeTheDemolisher

Postby ikarus on Fri 09 Sep 2016, 7:01 pm

Don't bother with Blackpool Radar - it doesn't exist , no equipment since re-opening Dec 2014 :sad:
ikarus

Postby ColeTheDemolisher on Sat 10 Sep 2016, 12:25 am

ikarus wrote:Don't bother with Blackpool Radar - it doesn't exist , no equipment since re-opening Dec 2014 :sad:

Thanks for the Heads-Up ;)
Uniden UBC125XLT

The Jacket kid

Dudley, West Midlands
ColeTheDemolisher

Postby jason82wells on Sat 10 Sep 2016, 8:10 am

B25, P-51, two extra's, Jet Provost, Blades, Swordfish & Black Cats all at Woodvale.

Typhoons are at Liverpool.

Red Arrows are at Warton.
jason82wells

Postby DerekF on Sat 10 Sep 2016, 8:42 am

Go by train? My wife is telling me that the Manchester to Southport trains are cancelled due to signalling fault. Brilliant. I think there are alternatives but today of all days......
DerekF

Postby HeyfordDave111 on Sat 10 Sep 2016, 9:25 am

Liverpool then MerseyRail to Southport.
The train service from Liverpool to Southport usually runs at 1 every 7 minutes on Airshow days
HeyfordDave111

Postby Wrexham Mackem on Sat 10 Sep 2016, 9:40 am

DerekF wrote:Go by train? My wife is telling me that the Manchester to Southport trains are cancelled due to signalling fault. Brilliant. I think there are alternatives but today of all days......

Argh timing! I thought Southport station was quiet when I came through this morning.

Well there is still crowd line space here. Beach is firmer than I expected too, and there's even some blue sky :shock: :cool:
its time to kick the tyres and light the fires

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151934326@N08/albums
Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Postby HeyfordDave111 on Sat 10 Sep 2016, 12:15 pm

Shame a beluga just left Chester, might have been a nice flyby if the organizers could have wangled it.

RAF C-130J heading north quite close at warrington at the minute.
Again........ Might have been?
HeyfordDave111

Postby ac2348 on Sat 10 Sep 2016, 12:33 pm

121.175 mhz for display frequency
ac2348

Postby bigfatron on Sat 10 Sep 2016, 2:58 pm

HeyfordDave111 wrote:Liverpool then MerseyRail to Southport.
The train service from Liverpool to Southport usually runs at 1 every 7 minutes on Airshow days

This.

I can get a train to Southport via Manchester from a station within walking distance of my house, but i'd always much rather drive to one of the Liverpool stations and use the Merseyrail services than face well over an hour on a train packed like cattle.
bigfatron

Postby Aviationcafe on Sat 10 Sep 2016, 5:34 pm

Was a great show today, although the Bronco, Mig, Vampires & BBMF Fighters didn't make it.
Aviationcafe

Postby westhamfan84 on Sat 10 Sep 2016, 5:47 pm

Really enjoyed today's show. It was a shame that the bronco,mig and vampire's all got caught up in bad weather else where but I most applaud the southport organisers who were quick thinking enough to bring back the blades and add an extra wildcat display to plug the gaps.
Planned Shows for 2016 Cosford, Blackpool, Southport
westhamfan84

Postby Flare Path on Sat 10 Sep 2016, 6:40 pm

Aviationcafe wrote:Was a great show today, although the Bronco, Mig, Vampires & BBMF Fighters didn't make it.

Glad I stayed at home, although probably wouldn't have been able to get there anyway because of the signalling issues out of Manchester this morning.
Flare Path

Postby Aviationcafe on Sat 10 Sep 2016, 7:24 pm

Flare Path wrote:
Aviationcafe wrote:Was a great show today, although the Bronco, Mig, Vampires & BBMF Fighters didn't make it.

Glad I stayed at home, although probably wouldn't have been able to get there anyway because of the signalling issues out of Manchester this morning.

Also forgot to mention the Autogyro didn't display.

I saw something about the signalling issues earlier and also a few people mentioned it while on the beach.
Aviationcafe

Postby AndyXH558 on Sat 10 Sep 2016, 8:39 pm

show was ok today, took my mum to her first airshow since 1985. She was so dissapointed there wasnt a lot of fast jets. For me it was worth it just to see the Lancaster once again. I've missed it.
AndyXH558

Postby eddywinch82 on Sat 10 Sep 2016, 9:25 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed the Airshow at Southport today. Even with the missing display items, it was an excellent Airshow in my opinion ! I was so glad the weather improved, for the Red Arrows, who put on their full display, which was excellent and exemplary as always. I enjoyed the warbirds the most, especially the B25 Mitchell "Sarinah" from Holland, a really gracefull display accompanied by the awesome sound of it's radial engines it looked fantastic in the excellent light. Also I was really pleased to see Peter Teichmans P-51 Mustang and Curtiss P-40 Kittyhawk, which opened the Airshow both displays were excellent and graceful and I love the whistle from the Mustang. And he seemed to display them alot closer than people have said he has, at other venues this year. I really enjoyed the other displays too from Team Raven and the Blades. And the RNHF Swordfish flying in formation with the two Blackcat Lynx Helicopters, was another highlight for me. The overall highlight for me was the last item, the BBMF Lancaster even without the BBMF Fighters. I have not seen it display since Southport Airshow in 2014 with the Canadian Lancaster "Vera". So it's solo display was extra special for me, I had goosebumps all over ! Hopefully the Two Norwegian Vampires and Mig-15 can make it to Southport to display tomorrow. As they were weathered in at Duxford Airfield today. And the BBMF Fighters were also unable to get airborne form RAF Coningsby, due to the weather in the East of the Country. Luckily the BBMF Lancaster was operating from Southampton Airport (Eastleigh) and was able to avoid the Bad weather in the East, and fly up the West of the Country, where the weather was much better. I really hope the BBMF Fighters join her tomorrow ! The Autogyro is only on tomorrow, also does anyone know why the Bronco and Sioux Helicopter, didn't display today ? I am so looking forwards to tomorrows display. Especially as the weather is forecast to be good again :smile: :smile:
eddywinch82

Postby donaldson1 on Sun 11 Sep 2016, 7:16 am

P40 was at Blackpool all weekend -
Check out my other Aviation videos on my YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO7FUS ... cD17blAFcw
donaldson1

Postby jason82wells on Sun 11 Sep 2016, 8:49 am

AndyXH558 wrote:She was so dissapointed there wasnt a lot of fast jets. For me it was worth it just to see the Lancaster once again. I've missed it.

What other fast jets was she expecting to see exactly?

I too missed the Lanc although we didn't even get a pass with the bomb doors open

Does anyone know whether there's anything else other than the Typhoon using Liverpool today for the show? Most seemed to be at Woodvale or flew in.
jason82wells

Postby banksy on Sun 11 Sep 2016, 9:23 am

Does anyone know if the 4 black hawks currently sat on the tarmac at Hawarden are due to be attending Southport at all today?
Chester FC Media Volunteer
Twitter: @banks247
banksy

Postby jason82wells on Sun 11 Sep 2016, 10:02 am

jason82wells wrote:
Does anyone know whether there's anything else other than the Typhoon using Liverpool today for the show? Most seemed to be at Woodvale or flew in.

To answer my own question the Lancaster is also there
jason82wells

PreviousNext

Return to Seaside Shows