News on all the seaside airshows up and down the country in one forum
bradallen516

Re: Blackpool Airshow 2016

Post by bradallen516 »

Hopefully the chipmunk and BBMF can make it today :grin:

eddywinch82

Post by eddywinch82 »

All I can say is Wow, what a superb FREE Airshow this weekend I thoroughly enjoyed it ! Many thanks to Blackpool council for putting it on free of charge, excellent weather both days bar the strong wind, and some exemplary flying both days in very difficult conditions ! All the Pilots can be proud of themselves, and the spectacle they put on. I was so pleased to see the Chipmunk display today, after it was unable to yesterday due to the stronger wind, I have not seen one display for a good while. And it was great to see the Yak 50 kick off the display today, which was a late addition to the program. My overall Highlight today and of the weekend, was the two BBMF Spitfires P7350 and TE311 display at Blackpool Airshow today ! It was so brilliant to see them, after the BBMF had to cancel their display yesterday, due to the strong wind at Blackpool. I was really worried, that they wouldn't be able to make it again today. But thankyou so much to them for re-scheduling their display slot, for later in the flying programme. When the winds were due to decrease at Blackpool, rather than cancelling outright at the start of the day. the display was absolutely fantastic, and more than made up for the Lancaster not being able to make it today with them, due to the Crosswind at RAF Coningsby they made my day ! I was so ecstatic, when I found out that they were on their way. I was at the end of North Pier, for their display and they displayed as a duo, before doing their excellent solo displays ! )) Then I thought they were doing one more formation pass, but no they came back for a few more and really close too the end of the Pier too, I had goosebumps all over ! Thankyou so much to the pilots and Engineers of the BBMF. And to close the excellent Airshow The Global Stars Team, who put on an excellent display, I have only seen them display once before. I am very much, looking forwards to next years lineup and Roll on Rhyl and Southport Airshow ! I think the people on this thread who were moaning about the lineup, in the days leading up to the Airshow, will be changing their opinion after what thousands witnessed this weekend ! :biggrin: :biggrin:

jason82wells

Post by jason82wells »

eddywinch82 wrote:I think the people on this thread who were moaning about the lineup, in the days leading up to the Airshow, will be changing their opinion after what thousands witnessed this weekend ! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Glad you enjoyed it. As you know, I'm only interested in the military stuff which I saw up close on a couple of occasions at Liverpool airport so I've got no regrets in not going to the airshow. Southport is looking better so fingers crossed that pans out well with the weather & cancellations etc :wink: