Rhyl Airshow 2016

Re: Rhyl Airshow 2016

Postby eddywinch82 on Fri 26 Aug 2016, 11:21 am

According to Facebook, the two BBMF Fighters displaying at Rhyl this weekend, are Spitfire XVI TE311 and Hurricane IIc PZ865. Which I am really pleased about as TE311 is one of the best sounding BBMF Spitfires ))
eddywinch82

Postby eddywinch82 on Sun 28 Aug 2016, 9:36 pm

I would just like to say, how much I enjoyed this years Airshow at Rhyl. It was really excellent both days, the flying was superb ! Okay the display lineup wasn't as big as last years, but it didn't detract in my opinion from the quality of the flying. My overall highlight both days was the BBMF Spitfire and Hurricane, I had goosebumps and tears in my eyes on both occasions. Had the Lancaster been there, it would have been the icing on the cake ! I love the sound of Spitfire XVI TE311, it really is the best sounding Spitfire in the BBMF in my opinion ! All credit to them on Saturday, for waiting to display at the end of the flying programme, when better weather was predicted, instead of cancelling outright, after they were unable to display at their allocated time. As the weather at Liverpool Airport their operating base was too poor for them to get airborne, i.e. heavy rain showers. So I was thrilled when the commentator Ben Dunnell said they were on their way )) but all the displays were exemplary including the Global Stars Team and Team Raven. Who didn't have a strong wind to contend with, like they did at Blackpool Airshow a few weeks ago ! It was unfortunate that today, the Red Arrows couldn't do the second half of their display, as the cloudbase over most of the display area, was 800 foot and was therefore beyond their safety limits ! A real shame, as the weather earlier on in the day was much better ! But hats off to them for doing the first half again, and brilliant flying it was too ! So I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and it was a Free Airshow. It's great now to have other Major Airshows in this area of the country other than Southport, which up until a few years ago, was the only annual one in the Northwest of England. I am really looking forwards to next years Airshow ! :smile:
eddywinch82

Postby eddywinch82 on Mon 29 Aug 2016, 10:06 am

I also meant to say, I really enjoyed Ben Dunnell's well spoken voice, and informative commentary.
eddywinch82

Previous

Return to Seaside Shows