Allied Airshow Plymouth Thursday 3rd September

News on all the seaside airshows up and down the country in one forum
raymacca10

Re: Allied Airshow Plymouth Thursday 3rd September

Post by raymacca10 »

Sorry Vixen out of our pocket this year, Navy have their own event on 5th/6th.
Regards
Ray

JAB

Post by JAB »

raymacca10 wrote:Sorry Vixen out of our pocket this year, Navy have their own event on 5th/6th.
Regards
Ray

Does it cost alot to get the Vixens to airshows then?

ATB
James
Supporting WZ507.

The Americans claim victory right at the end.
As ever.

raymacca10

Post by raymacca10 »

Average jet around 2,000, we are restricted to military this year. Can confirm the USAF 48th Fighter Wing today. Should be a few guest on the day.
Regards Ray

JAB

Post by JAB »

£2000 thats alot is the BBMF cheaper? Is that the KC-135 the USAF 48th Fighter Wing?

Anyway good luck with the airshow I try and get down there for it next year :smile:

James
Supporting WZ507.

As ever.

Lomcevak26

Post by Lomcevak26 »

JAB wrote:Is that the KC-135 the USAF 48th Fighter Wing?

James, hope you don't mind me saying, but what would a tanker be doing within the 48th Fighter Wing, eh?! :wink:

JAB

Post by JAB »

Lomcevak26 wrote:
JAB wrote:Is that the KC-135 the USAF 48th Fighter Wing?

James, hope you don't mind me saying, but what would a tanker be doing within the 48th Fighter Wing, eh?! :wink:

Its got guns on it :grin: :grin: Oh yeah thanks for reminding me it is of course the F15E based at RAF lakenheath.

All the best
James
Supporting WZ507.

As ever.

raymacca10

Post by raymacca10 »

Yes it's the F-15's, think 22Sq Sea King will do a SAR. I'm away for a bit now but I hope by the time a return we will have a few more in, Yeovilton has agreed to rubber stamp anything that is up in the area for a visit, RN pilots take note.see you soon, Ray

Batman3

Post by Batman3 »

Fantastic Ray! Thanks for the update....

whitewingsrich

Post by whitewingsrich »

I have been told by a friend of mine, Tom who is an Air Traffic Controller at Plymouth City Airport that the airshow will be kicking off with a KC-135 doing a low Fly-by and dropping a wreath into the the sound to comemorate all our fallen allides.
im assuming it will be from 100th ARW at Mildenhall. Thats is where the display KC-135's normall come from

trebleone
UKAR Supporter

Post by trebleone »

This is shaping up to be a promising little event. I'm only just over an hour from Plymouth; so planning on heading down for the day.

Does anyone know where the main display line will be? I'm assuming that 'crowd centre' will be approximately Smeaton's Tower, but how far out will the action take place? I'm thinking of vantage points and considering whether it would be better to sacrifice the height of the Hoe to get closer down on the sea-front .... or even to go further to the west to try and avoid any 'sun in the lens' issues - and there WILL be sunshine! :biggrin:

Any suggestions appreciated ........

VulcanFreaker

Post by VulcanFreaker »

Hi Ray - I've booked a coach for myself and about 30 friends to spend the day. Will there be coach-parking available nearby? Can't wait...

raymacca10

Post by raymacca10 »

Just back in the country, here is the latest: 15.00. 48th FW F-15 salute. 15.05 Merlin Tiger Sq 814 RN 15.15 Spitfire BBMF
15.30 RAF King Air 15.45 RAF Hawk 16.00 RAF Tutor16.15 SAR Demo Plymouth Lifeboat with RAF Sea King 22 Sq. 16.45 RAFAT
Red Arrows. I know other aircraft will be attending from operation on the day. Hoping the Super Lynx will be one.
If this goes well next year it will be the Royal Air Force Show.

proplover

Post by proplover »

Think you'll find the Vixen is a great deal more than £2k!! Im sure I read somewhere that the all in costs are around £56 per mile :shock:

BearcatPilgrim

Post by BearcatPilgrim »

Weather for Thursday currently not looking very clever with a very strong showery northwesterly forecast, good thing no sea fog but the wind could affect some of the displays. Will a decision be made at any particular time Ray as to whether the show goes ahead weather wise?

BearcatPilgrim

Post by BearcatPilgrim »

Looks like there could be a reasonable window for the show tomorrow afternoon albeit a little breezy there should be no problems with cloud base and visibility, forecast for scattered showers, next rain band should be after the show has finished, lets hope so. :vulcan:

raymacca10

Post by raymacca10 »

Thanks everyone who came down, think we are in the black, Plymouth City council came up trumps when we lost sponsorship 3 days before the show. My feeling is that we are looking towards a bigger show next year, need more sponsors but I think certain people now see the potential of a large show. The Italian Military advisor very much enjoyed the day, he feels the gap between the RIAT and Farnborough would be ideal, perhaps a day night show, the Red Arrows enjoyed the venue. a lot to think about so again thank you all! I will keep you posted first. Hope we have a nice little bit for H4H.
Regards
Ray :yahoo:

pgosling

Post by pgosling »

Hi Ray.

I just wanted to say a big thank you for putting on the display!

Enjoyable day with the highlight undoubtedly being the return of the Reds to Plymouth.

Looking forward to next year!

Cheers

Peter
- - - - - - - - -
Peter Gosling
Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/pgosling1979/
Fuji Finepix s8100fd

raymacca10

Post by raymacca10 »

Hi All!
Looks like the date of next years show will be the evening of the 13th July and the 14th July all day, had a good talk with the RAF and Rod Dean at Farnborough, think it could be a good time for aircraft. A lot of work raising sponsors but the local feeling is good.
I will keep you all posted.
Hope you had a good season.

Regards

Ray

Batman3

Post by Batman3 »

Farnborough 2010 is 19th - 25th July next year. With next years show being 13th and 14th do you still hope to get alot of the Farnborough items?
The wed is the first day of RIAT arrivals - maybe you could work on getting some arrivals to divert through plymouth perticularly the US traffic as they near enough pass overhead?

raymacca10

Post by raymacca10 »

Working on that one, also the first pilot I ever booked for a show was Rod Dean, if things work out he will be the first I will book for 2010, Rod is in charge of the Farnborough display and we keep in touch.

Regards to all,

Ray

raymacca10

Post by raymacca10 »

Still waiting on Allied Aircraft, the rest of the show is building, now have three stages, main stage 13th Abba Tribute, 14th Olly Murs plus support, children's stage the Crazy Bears Show plus a stage for local bands etc.

Arena main display, The White Helmets.

Aircraft so far: RAF Tutor, Tucano, Hawk plus BBMF Dakota. Private Breitling Wingwalkers, Yakovlevs and Jet Provest, still booking, hope to bring in some extra warbirds. Also the Red Devils Parachute Display team.

Keep you posted.

regards

Ray

RickIngham

Post by RickIngham »

I think I might be getting confused here but I have the show down on the 13th annd 14th of July, and the Jordanian Falcons have been confirmed for Plymouth on the 13th. So which is it, 3rd Sept or 13/14 July?

Thanks

Tangoringo

Post by Tangoringo »

Hi Rick,
Nearly fell in to the same trap myself.All previous posts are from 09 and refer to the show last year so looks like 13/14th July are 'proper' dates for 2010.
Hope Im right.

pgosling

Post by pgosling »

You are right.

It was 3rd September last year.

There is a new thread for the 2010 display: http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=18013
- - - - - - - - -
Peter Gosling
Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/pgosling1979/
Fuji Finepix s8100fd