No votes
Colombia
No votes
Peru
2%

Total votes : 89

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup

Postby Swordfish on Sat 07 Jul 2018, 4:25 pm

The establishment's attempt at demonizing Russia via the World Cup ain't working!
Swordfish

Postby Reds Rolling on Sat 07 Jul 2018, 4:28 pm

It was always a game we should win against a poor Sweden side, and we're lucky to be in this side of the draw or else I'd think we'd on the way home by now.

If we get Croatia on Weds, then that'll be a much sterner test, and of course should we get to the final then there's the small matter of France or Belgium, both who are more than capable of beating England if they play to their best.

Football's not coming this way just yet!
Reds Rolling

Postby Aviation94 on Sat 07 Jul 2018, 8:52 pm

So England face Croatia. In some ways i'm happier with that than us facing Russia. :whistle:
Canon 650d, Sigma 70-300mm, Kenko 1.4 dgx mc4 tc

Youtube: http://ow.ly/zhAed
Aviation94

Postby Mooshie1956 on Sat 07 Jul 2018, 9:12 pm

Son just back from Blackpool, One of the display teams from Southport kindly painted 2-0 over the promenade.
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/mooshie1956/
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-400 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens
Mooshie1956

Postby CJS on Mon 09 Jul 2018, 8:44 am

Reds Rolling wrote:It was always a game we should win against a poor Sweden side, and we're lucky to be in this side of the draw or else I'd think we'd on the way home by now.

If we get Croatia on Weds, then that'll be a much sterner test, and of course should we get to the final then there's the small matter of France or Belgium, both who are more than capable of beating England if they play to their best.

Football's not coming this way just yet!

And both of whom England can beat if they play to their's. :win:
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
CJS

Postby reheat module on Mon 09 Jul 2018, 11:36 am

I see the number of votes for mighty little Belgium has doubled since the early games in the tables were undertaken.
Nothing like nailing colours to the mast at an early stage...
Can I change my mind and vote for whoever is winning in the 89th minute of the final?
Canon systems
reheat module

Postby CJS on Tue 10 Jul 2018, 9:11 pm

Well, if England win tomorrow night, I think on balance I'd prefer France over Belgium.

Quite excited now :-)
CJS

Postby Airshowhammer on Wed 11 Jul 2018, 3:55 pm

Already in a pub in Swindon! :grin:
Airshowhammer

Postby Talldan76 on Wed 11 Jul 2018, 6:26 pm

The power of Spurs!!!
Talldan76
UKAR Staff

Postby CJS on Wed 11 Jul 2018, 6:38 pm

Exactly...woop woop. Come on England :-o
CJS

Postby Big Eric on Wed 11 Jul 2018, 7:13 pm

Talldan76 wrote:The power of Spurs!!!

...........and Yorkshire................ :smile:
Big Eric

Postby Aviation94 on Wed 11 Jul 2018, 8:39 pm

Well there we go. This England squad have been excellent and some little known names at the beginning of the tournament are now very well known! I just hope Southgate carries on as manager and the team builds even more. Roll on Euro 2020!
Last edited by Aviation94 on Wed 11 Jul 2018, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Canon 650d, Sigma 70-300mm, Kenko 1.4 dgx mc4 tc

Youtube: http://ow.ly/zhAed
Aviation94

Postby toom317 on Wed 11 Jul 2018, 8:49 pm

Nothing against the England team, great effort, but all the BS/hype we've had to put up with on the "national" news up here, was a joke. That's all over now TF. :win:
"Nice pics mate" comments only! No criticism please.

Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts.
toom317
UKAR Supporter

Postby rdchawk on Wed 11 Jul 2018, 8:57 pm

Gutted for the team. But it's funny to see all the faces thinking it was definitely coming home with all the coincidences between 66 and now. Rule 1 never look past your next opponents
Known as Red 13,
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team
rdchawk

Postby borismorris on Wed 11 Jul 2018, 8:58 pm

toom317 wrote:Nothing against the England team, great effort, but all the BS/hype we've had to put up with on the "national" news up here, was a joke. That's all over now TF. :win:

Just a bit of dare to believe i think... nice for the media to build them up instead of tearing them to shreds. Still all over now.
borismorris

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Wed 11 Jul 2018, 9:48 pm

A good effort, but ultimately beaten by the better side. England were on top for 45 minutes and should have pressed home that advantage when they had it. I hope Croatia go on to win the final, it would be nice to see a new nation take the prize.

A tournament to remember though. England played well, on the front-foot for most of their games. Composure on the ball, new talent emerging, a manager with a plan (only thing you could say is that the substitutes were sometimes left too late, and he didn't always have the quality on the bench to change a game). The win on penalties was a rare moment to cherish in tournament football, and they can return home with their heads held high - we haven't said that too often of an England team. Happy isn't the right word in the wake of a semi-final defeat, but I'm "OK" with it, all things considered.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Postby Spiny Norman on Thu 12 Jul 2018, 4:50 am

rdchawk wrote:Gutted for the team. But it's funny to see all the faces thinking it was definitely coming home with all the coincidences between 66 and now. Rule 1 never look past your next opponents

Croatian players said that the lack of respect from the pundits and media was something that motivated them.

England were far too negative too early in the game and Kane really should have been subbed, he was a passenger.
Spiny Norman

Postby toom317 on Thu 12 Jul 2018, 8:21 am

borismorris wrote:
toom317 wrote:Nothing against the England team, great effort, but all the BS/hype we've had to put up with on the "national" news up here, was a joke. That's all over now TF. :win:

Just a bit of dare to believe i think... nice for the media to build them up instead of tearing them to shreds. Still all over now.

Like I said, it was a great England performance, but on the "National" news it was hyped up to hell. Great if you live in England, but only of minor interest in Scotland. I got the impression after England qualified for the quarter finals, that you lot thought you were in the final and speculating who you were going to be playing against.
"Nice pics mate" comments only! No criticism please.

Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts.
toom317
UKAR Supporter

Postby CJS on Thu 12 Jul 2018, 8:26 am

You got the wrong impression then :up:

Beaten by a better team on the night. Massive congratulations to Croatia and bad luck England but they did so much better than anyone could realistically have dared hoped for.

Now how to get picked up and motivated for Saturday!? I hope they can manage it somehow. I believe that in 1990 'we' finished in 3rd place too. let's face it, that would be a massive achievement.

Hugely positive for the future too by the way. :clap:
CJS

Postby Big Eric on Thu 12 Jul 2018, 8:30 am

CJS wrote: I believe that in 1990 'we' finished in 3rd place too. let's face it, that would be a massive achievement.

England were beaten 2-1 by Italy and finished in 4th place in 1990.
Big Eric

Postby starbuck on Thu 12 Jul 2018, 9:12 am

CJS wrote:
Now how to get picked up and motivated for Saturday!? I hope they can manage it somehow.

You don't. Most pointless game in football, always has been. I bet even the squad members who will invariably get the run out would rather be on a beach somewhere given the choice. I'd be amazed if the audience figures are anywhere near 5m for this.

In the words of the great Reese Bobby "If you ain't first you're last."
starbuck

Postby CJS on Thu 12 Jul 2018, 10:36 am

Big Eric wrote:
CJS wrote: I believe that in 1990 'we' finished in 3rd place too. let's face it, that would be a massive achievement.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Check

before

posting

you

idiot...

me, I mean
CJS

Postby Big Eric on Thu 12 Jul 2018, 10:38 am

CJS wrote:
Big Eric wrote:

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Check

before

posting

you

idiot...

me, I mean

:lmao:

A schoolboy error, any teachers on the forum? :grin:
Big Eric

Postby CJS on Thu 12 Jul 2018, 11:36 am