Cruise is a wimp....
Try this :
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Re: Movies!

Postby Brevet Cable on Mon 04 Jun 2018, 8:02 pm

'A Million Ways To Die In The West' -- watched it several times, still funny. :biggrin:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Brevet Cable on Mon 04 Jun 2018, 9:45 pm

'XXX - Return of Xander Cage' - totally silly but entertaining & seems lot shorter than it really is.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 07 Jun 2018, 2:55 pm

'Alien : Covenant'
Better than 'Promethius', but that didn't take much doing.
You get the impression that Ridley Scott was trying to make it a variation of 'Aliens', even down to having the female dropship pilot with a similar name to the one in 'Aliens' ( Faris, as opposed to Ferro )
Another one of those films where they try to cram too many arcs into the storyline, with enough plot holes you could fly the Sulaco through.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby vandal on Thu 07 Jun 2018, 6:53 pm

Went to see Jurassic World - The Lost Kingdom last night.

Plot line - movie starts rather seriously with Jeff Goldblum's character Dr Ian Malcolm in front of a committee debating whether or not the dinosaurs on the island from Jurassic World should be allowed to live or die as the island they are on is about to be completely destroyed by way of a volcanic eruption.

At the same time, some of the same people still tampering with nature trying to improve on Jurassic World's Indominous Rex. 2 hours long, and worth a watch if you enjoyed any of the other Jurassic films.
vandal

Postby Wes_Howes on Fri 08 Jun 2018, 6:52 am

I saw Solo last night and I rather enjoyed it, not as good as RO IMHO but still nice to get some background on two of the main characters in the story.

One thing I wasn't quite sure about though was when the film is set? The appearance of Darth Maul clearly points to it being set before TPM but between the end of Solo and ANH, Han ages about 20 years, 25 tops, yet Obi Wan ages a lot more. I know they're not human but in the 30 years between ROTJ and TFW, Han certainly did age that much.

The only other part I didn't enjoy was yet another "sassy" (I hate that word) droid. K2S0 was funny, I really enjoyed the screen time he got, L3 however, no.
Wes_Howes

Postby Paul_Reflex on Fri 08 Jun 2018, 7:22 am

Wes_Howes wrote:I saw Solo last night and I rather enjoyed it, not as good as RO IMHO but still nice to get some background on two of the main characters in the story.

One thing I wasn't quite sure about though was when the film is set? The appearance of Darth Maul clearly points to it being set before TPM but between the end of Solo and ANH, Han ages about 20 years, 25 tops, yet Obi Wan ages a lot more. I know they're not human but in the 30 years between ROTJ and TFW, Han certainly did age that much.

The only other part I didn't enjoy was yet another "sassy" (I hate that word) droid. K2S0 was funny, I really enjoyed the screen time he got, L3 however, no.

It is set well after TPM and the rest of the prequels, Darth Maul survives TPM and has robot style legs (and bowels etc presumably) when he appears in the Rebels series.
Paul_Reflex

Postby timuss on Fri 08 Jun 2018, 8:53 pm

Looking forward to this:

Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
PSN: timuss
timuss

Postby Spiny Norman on Mon 11 Jun 2018, 12:26 pm

Looking forward to this.

Neil Armstrong biopic with Ryan Gosling as the 'First Man'.

I want to see a flying Mosquito in the UK. I'm supporting The People's Mosquito.
http://www.peoplesmosquito.org.uk/
Spiny Norman

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 18 Jul 2018, 5:28 pm

Another one on Amazon Prime : 'The Ballad of Lefty Brown'
A quirky Western, with an unrecognisable Bill Pullman in the title role.
I'd put it on a par with 'Open Range', which is ironic given that some reviewers compare this film unfavourably to 'OR' because they say it's too slow whilst forgetting just how slow 'OR' is for much of the time.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby pbeardmore on Sat 04 Aug 2018, 7:26 pm

Thoughts on "Mission Impossible: Fallout"?

Cracking film IMHO
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”
pbeardmore

Postby Tmyers123 on Thu 09 Aug 2018, 9:47 pm

pbeardmore wrote:Thoughts on "Mission Impossible: Fallout"?

Cracking film IMHO

I loved it. And I don’t think they tried to hide the fact that Airbus support the MI movies, with the last one having an A400M with big Airbus Military markings, and in Fallout repeatedly showing the Airbus Helicopters logo on the H125. :grin:
Tmyers123

Previous

Return to Off Topic