I'll have a pint of...

Re: I'll have a pint of...

Postby LightningMk6 on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:16 pm

Mauldons Black Adder for me, very hard to get hold of in Lincolnshire though. First tasted it at the fat cat in Norwich years back.
LightningMk6

Postby Mad Dan on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 8:37 am

It's Theakston's Old Peculier - thus proving that it isn't only aviation enthusiasts who haven't mastered the art of spelling correctly...though I exclude boff180 from that observation...

Vin rouge for me, please - but not in a pint pot...
I am not a loony... I used to be, but I think I am better now...
Mad Dan

Postby yannyfoxx on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 8:52 am

I'm a real ale man - very fond of the St Austell's stuff a the moment, as well as most ales from Masham. When it comes to lager, particularly the domestic American brands, I'm in agreement with Eric Idle... drinking them is like making love in a canoe...
yannyfoxx

Postby AndyXH558 on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 1:53 pm

any one tried the monty python holy Gr'ale yet. that is a great drink and after a few you do say NI! :lol:
AndyXH558

Postby Mad Dan on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 2:38 pm

AndyXH558 said:
any one tried the monty python holy Gr'ale yet. that is a great drink and after a few you do say NI!

So I gathered from chatting with Roger the Shrubber...

Ecky, ecky, ecky...
I am not a loony... I used to be, but I think I am better now...
Mad Dan

Postby st24 on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 2:51 pm

Wife beater for me... :up:

Or a Chilean Chardonnay.. :handbag:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
st24

Postby Phil Standfield on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 3:43 pm

For me Adnams, Otter, Doom bar any of them will do. Before they shut it down i worked for 25 years at Eldridge Pope in dorchester always did like Hardy's (ipa) at the time Thomas Hardy ale was the strongest beer in the uk did not take many to have to hide somewhere quiet :ninja:
Stan
Phil Standfield

Postby parsley on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 5:32 pm

Found an interesting beer from a small Belgian brewery (Brasserie Huyghe Brewery) called "DELIRIUM tremens" which has pink elephants on the label...it's alcohol content is 9% volume !!!!
parsley
UKAR Supporter

Postby aceyone on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 5:37 pm

parsley wrote:Found an interesting beer from a small Belgian brewery (Brasserie Huyghe Brewery) called "DELIRIUM tremens" which has pink elephants on the label...it's alcohol content is 9% volume !!!!

Blimey ! after one pint I'd be horizontal :sick: mind that's not as bad as Biddenden Special Reserve Cider 13% volume !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't know about those jets ,they spoil a very nice place
aceyone

Postby Ben H on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 5:39 pm

parsley wrote:Found an interesting beer from a small Belgian brewery (Brasserie Huyghe Brewery) called "DELIRIUM tremens" which has pink elephants on the label...it's alcohol content is 9% volume !!!!

Yes! I bought some of this from 'Le Palais de la Bière' in Boulogne over the summer. Their cherry flavoured one was rather good and belied its volume!

Ben H
UKAR Supporter

Postby tankbuster on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 8:16 pm

Real Ale,The joy of which is always trying new beers. This evening I had Salopian Orkney , superb! and Wolf brewer - Granny wouldn't like it, excellent but not really my palette so I finished with another pint of Orkney.
Favorite brewery at the moment is Goddards,Isle of Wight who do a range with every one top of the class.
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics
tankbuster

Postby tankbuster on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 8:21 pm

If you're into beer book yourself a cheap weekend in Brussels. Fantastic beer, fantastic bars and one of the great aviation museums. Who else has a Caravelle hanging from the ceiling
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics
tankbuster

Postby 138EAW on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 10:15 pm

Too many to choose from

Austendyke - Long Lane Bitter - a little micro brewery, based in South Lincs
Hoegaarden
Hogback T.E.A
Adnams Broadside
Fullers Chiswick Bitter
Deuchers IPA
Belhaven Best
Coors :grin:

Also any Jack Daniels and George Dickel whiskey probably not by the pint though :dizzy: :grin:
Gary

RAF Tornados left in service =21
GR4 =18, GR4(T) =3
138EAW

Postby Mictheslik on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 12:05 am

From the west country here, so more of a Cider man than Beer. Can't remember most of them as I get whatever real cider our local pub has on tap that week...almost all are delicious though, and much better than that Magners rubbish :P (OK...it has its place!)

This is one of my favourite Perrys at the moment.....very happy when the local get this on tap once or twice a year!

http://www.gwyntcider.com/gyd/index.php ... rees-perry

Favourite spirit is Jagermeister...especially when mixed with apple juice. perfect in the winter!

.mic
Mictheslik Aviation Photography

Remember when we went to Payerne on that Wednesday?
Mictheslik

Postby parsley on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 7:55 am

Mictheslik wrote:From the west country here, so more of a Cider man than Beer. Can't remember most of them as I get whatever real cider our local pub has on tap that week...almost all are delicious though, and much better than that Magners rubbish :P (OK...it has its place!)

This is one of my favourite Perrys at the moment.....very happy when the local get this on tap once or twice a year!

http://www.gwyntcider.com/gyd/index.php ... rees-perry

Favourite spirit is Jagermeister...especially when mixed with apple juice. perfect in the winter!

.mic

Cider was a favorite when I lived down in Bristol..every few weeks would pop down to a farm locally and pick up one of their evil brews in plastic containers with sediment at the bottom
parsley
UKAR Supporter

Postby parsley on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 8:00 am

tankbuster wrote:If you're into beer book yourself a cheap weekend in Brussels. Fantastic beer, fantastic bars and one of the great aviation museums. Who else has a Caravelle hanging from the ceiling

Would certainly endorse that !!...feel like another Eurostar to the museum is overdue (and the beer in the museum cafe is cheap (or was) as well)
parsley
UKAR Supporter

Postby Logster on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 8:54 am

Well I am hoping that the 40 pints of homebrew I have slowly brewing in the kitchen is going to be my favoourite pint soon :grin: but failing that;
Most Otter ales are great (Beautiful Daze a favourite in the summer)
Teignworthy Reel Ale a great session beer,
Doom Bar and Skinner's BEtty Stogs from Cornwall,
Bay's Brewery from Torquay do a lovely one called Devon Dumpling
Back Beach from Red Rock brewery
Jail Ale from Princetown in the heart of Dartmoor is lovely too.
To be honest too many to mention!

I think a trip to a nice country pub is in order later!!
Logster

Postby Pat Murphy on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 10:21 am

Wadworths 6X
Greene King IPA
Carling (Icy cold lovely)
A good Aussie Cabernet/Shiraz
Hawke's Bay Pinot Noir
Spy Valley Sauvignon Blanc

Speights Gold Medal Ale

I could go on....... Hic :grin: l
Last edited by Pat Murphy on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.northwalesbreaks.co.uk
Formerly known as Ilovelightnings
Pat Murphy

Postby DanH on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 10:25 am

Logster wrote:Well I am hoping that the 40 pints of homebrew I have slowly brewing in the kitchen is going to be my favoourite pint soon :grin:

I attempted my own home brew a few years ago and it was pretty volatile stuff. It could strip the fur off a weasel at ten paces, and we always had to open the bottles outside as it would erupt like a volcano every time you took the lid off. I named it asbo ale.
Always seeking to lower the tone...
DanH

Postby Macc on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 2:22 pm

My mate had an (empty) bottle of that in this room. They sell it in a German "Brauhaus" round the corner from me - reckon I'll have to try it sometime!

In terms of favourite pints, being a student, it's often the cheapest - Tennnent's, Carling, Carlsberg.

But if money was no object I would settle for a pint of Tiger, Coors or Birra Moretti.

A friend also introduced me to John Smith's tops which was pretty good.

Also tried a pint of William Wallace at New Year, not something I will start drinking regularly - not yet anyway!
Macc

Postby psquiddy on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 6:25 pm

Batemans Dark Lord
Greene King Abbot
Batemans XXXB
Robinsons Old Tom
Blandford Flyer
Betty Stoggs
Old Speckled Hen
Old Peculiar
Orkney Brewery Dark Island

Thomas Hardy ale was the strongest beer in the uk did not take many to have to hide somewhere quiet

I had that once and chucked up pretty quickly - it must have bounced. (It was about 12% - makes Special Brew seem nice). I might have to put that down in the "worst drink" thread.
Over 300 free things to do in London
http://www.toplondondaysout.co.uk
psquiddy

Postby rdchawk on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 7:00 am

After my recent tour of the Ringwood Brewery and now being ok to have a couple of drinks now and then. I think i'm now a fan of proper ales now not lager and love Ringwoods 4 beers Fortyniner, Best Bitter, Boondoggle and Old thumper.
Known as Red 13,
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team
rdchawk

Postby Thumper on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 9:21 am

Having just moved to an area that has many local ales I have recently been enjoying Buckham Off Hoppy Beer and Silent Slasher. The less attractive sounding "Piddle in a Bottle" is also quite nice but you can't help but be put off by the name!! Plenty of home made Scrumpy here too but the problem is finding one that doesn't taste like vinegar and doesn't leave you in a coma (or does if you so wish) :wink:
Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Postby AndyXH558 on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 10:28 am

Anyone tried Trooper Ale yet. had a couple of bottles last week and its very nice. :rock:
AndyXH558

Postby JackyRIATWilson on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 10:36 am

Had a Lancaster Blonde the other day, and very nice it was too! :wink:
JackyRIATWilson

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic