What are UKARians watching on TV?

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Postby Tommy on Sun 28 Jan 2018, 11:03 pm

Fargo Season 3 has appeared on Netflix - no idea how long that's been there for.

Not bad stuff, but doesn't quite have the magic of the first two seasons which were, to me, really well put together works.
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby timuss on Mon 29 Jan 2018, 9:42 pm

A bit late to the party but I've just started Stranger Things on netflix very good so far.
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
PSN: timuss
timuss

Postby Paul_Reflex on Mon 29 Jan 2018, 9:45 pm

Tommy wrote:Fargo Season 3 has appeared on Netflix - no idea how long that's been there for.

Not bad stuff, but doesn't quite have the magic of the first two seasons which were, to me, really well put together works.

Season 3 seemed a bit like that to me at first, but by the end I loved it.
Paul_Reflex

Postby AlexC on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 12:15 pm

Currently watching the first season of 'The Crown' on box set, brilliant. Only very minor comment is that John Lithgow is a little bit too tall to play Sir Winston, but nevertheless he's very good in whatever he's been in from Third Rock From The Sun, to Dexter etc.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 5:01 pm

Another one on Amazon Prime...
'Shtrafbat' ( 'Penal Battalion' ), an 11 part series made in 2004 about a WW2 Russian Penal Battalion.
Russian language with English subtitles ( which aren't always perfect )

Unusually for a Russian-made series there's lots of criticism of Stalin, the Communists & the NKVD.

Not really much action despite it's setting, it concentrates more on the interaction of the individuals
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby Finningley Boy on Tue 06 Feb 2018, 8:40 pm

I'm watching a documentary about the QEII on Channel 5, the lady narrator described the launch of the vessel at John Brown Docks on the Clyde, in 1967, as colour footage was shown. She described the Red Arrows as flying overhead, the camera pick out the flypast, and 11 Buccaneers, RN as they would have been in the day, raced over the top in Big seven and Diamond four! :snack:

FB :biggrin:
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!
Finningley Boy

Previous

Return to Off Topic