What are UKARians watching on TV?

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Postby ericbee123 on Tue 25 Sep 2018, 12:35 pm

Killing Eve on BBC iplayer. Funny, griping and violent.

Code 37: Sex Crimes on 4oD or More4.
Ghent Vice Squad stories from Walter Presents. Absolutely brilliant - although they sometimes try too hard to have a “surprise culprit” every episode - it’s like Columbo - it’s never the obvious villain.
Disclaimer-I have spell/grammar checked this post, it may still contain mistakes that might cause offence.
ericbee123

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 26 Sep 2018, 8:47 am

Series 4 of 'Plebs' ( Amazon prime ) -- out-does all the previous series with regards obscenities & crudeness......not that I'm complaining.
Some reviewers didn't like the new character, Jason, but I do....simply because I've met - and worked with - a lot of people just like him :lol:
Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby Mooshie1956 on Wed 26 Sep 2018, 9:54 am

I was winding down last night and watched Back to the Future on E4 I think it was. Not paying attention to what was on next I notice nude girls in cubicles. I looked to see what it was, nude attraction I think it's called. Out of curiosity I half watched some of it. I thought to myself who would really want a girlfriend who is prepared to appear completely naked on TV, showing all they have to the whole nation. There's a word I would use for them but out of decency I won't use it here.
I don't know if it's just because I'm an old fuddy duddy or what but I thought it pure smut with no place on TV.
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/mooshie1956/
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-400 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens
Mooshie1956

Postby AlexC on Wed 26 Sep 2018, 2:18 pm

Quite liking Vanity Fair. :oops:
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 26 Sep 2018, 3:05 pm

Mooshie1956 wrote:I thought to myself who would really want a girlfriend who is prepared to appear completely naked on TV, showing all they have to the whole nation

That's the joys ( or not ) of the current generations.....people are more into being 'famous' simply by being on social media or programmes based on social media.
Dare I guess that it's the C4(?) show called 'naked attraction' or whatever it is?
Yet another of those 'lowest common denominator' shows which appeals to the knuckle-dragging non-entities
Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby AlexC on Wed 26 Sep 2018, 3:40 pm

None of that in Vanity Fair! :up: Nothing there for the 'knuckle-draggers' I'm relieved to say!
Last edited by AlexC on Wed 26 Sep 2018, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 26 Sep 2018, 3:44 pm

Wot...no zombies?
:lol:
Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby AlexC on Wed 26 Sep 2018, 3:49 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:Wot...no zombies?
:lol:

Certainly not! I'd direct your attention to The Walking Dead for zombies and the like. Actually TWD is rather good as it 'appen's!
AlexC

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 26 Sep 2018, 5:35 pm

Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby RAF4EVER on Wed 26 Sep 2018, 5:53 pm

Nothing
RAF4EVER

Postby CJS on Wed 26 Sep 2018, 6:16 pm

What channel is that on?

And are there zombies in it?
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
CJS

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 26 Sep 2018, 6:55 pm

If it's the one released in the early 2000s, I didn't think much of it.....no zombies, but totally weird.

:biggrin:
Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Airwolfhound on Thu 27 Sep 2018, 12:02 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:Series 4 of 'Plebs' ( Amazon prime ) -- out-does all the previous series with regards obscenities & crudeness......not that I'm complaining.
Some reviewers didn't like the new character, Jason, but I do....simply because I've met - and worked with - a lot of people just like him :lol:

I caught Series 4 on ITV 2 (I think) a few months ago. Loved it :-) Have seen all the series many times over (thanks Netflix) and always enjoy it :-)

Hope another series is made soon, Groomio is hysterical :-)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)
Airwolfhound

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 27 Sep 2018, 1:13 pm

Series 4 is worth re-watching, if only to read all the pretty authentic graffiti :lol:
Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby DerekF on Fri 28 Sep 2018, 9:16 am

ericbee123 wrote:Killing Eve on BBC iplayer. Funny, griping and violent.

Code 37: Sex Crimes on 4oD or More4.
Ghent Vice Squad stories from Walter Presents. Absolutely brilliant - although they sometimes try too hard to have a “surprise culprit” every episode - it’s like Columbo - it’s never the obvious villain.

Agree with both of these. The other series that Veerle Baetens was in , Tabula Rasa, is also worth looking out for.

Been watching reruns of Band of Brothers and The Pacific
Krypton isn't too bad and still enjoying Elementary
DerekF

Postby Mooshie1956 on Fri 05 Oct 2018, 1:20 pm

Binge watching tonight. Season 3 The Man in the High Castle.
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/mooshie1956/
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-400 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens
Mooshie1956

Postby AlexC on Fri 05 Oct 2018, 7:40 pm

Three programmes on Yesterday about the SAS on recently were very good. May have been on BBC originally?
AlexC

Postby mcphilip on Sat 06 Oct 2018, 6:38 am

Watching Plebs right now. Pretty much the only TV series I watched on a regular basis. Love it.
mcphilip

Postby AlexC on Sat 06 Oct 2018, 9:50 am

Oh, I'd forgotten about Pride and Prejudice and Zombies! Didn't see it, not my cup of tea at all! :roll:
AlexC

Postby Brevet Cable on Sat 06 Oct 2018, 5:58 pm

Series 2 of 'Occupied' ( Amazon prime )
I'm disappointed....set in Norway but still no sign of Martin Hykkerud or Standartenführer Herzog & the Nazi zombies ! :lol:
OK, to be serious -- more twists and turns than a Welsh mountain road, to the extent that it sometimes gets hard to keep track of who - if anybody - are supposed to be the good guys, which applies to Countries as well as people.
Lots of interesting scenarios, such as the resistance/insurgents ( depending on your point of view ) using an on-line game - 'DayZ', for those who are into that sort of thing - to communicate & plan things.
And as with the previous series, it's nice to have a series which features what would be classed as normal-looking people.....you can guarantee if the Americans made a version of it that it would be packed with unrealistic-looking 'plastic-people'.

Roll on Series 3.
Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Brevet Cable on Mon 08 Oct 2018, 9:25 am

The BBC propagandists are trying extremely hard to convince people that the new series of 'Dr Who' is brilliant & everybody loved watching it.
It isn't & they didn't, and selective cherry-picking of comments by them doesn't make it true.

It was naff, made even more naff by several minutes at the end being taken up by giving a run-down of all the 'celebrities' appearing in the rest of the series.

Not because of the fact that they now have a female Dr, but because the script was crap.
Too disjointed, too many plot-holes & too much time spent reminding viewers that The Dr. was now female ( I think everyone had already worked that out )
Heck, it was that bad that viewers even seem to have missed the obligatory jokes, such as why the silly choice of cloths at the end.
Not to mention the blatant 'Predator' rip-off - although with the baddie collecting teeth rather than ripping heads off - and that JW seemed to be trying too hard to be a female David Tenant.

Hopefully it'll improve, but I doubt it.
Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 10 Oct 2018, 2:54 pm

Series 4 of 'Z-Nation'.
Still silly, still more gratuitous violence than TWD, still people & zombies getting killed in amusing ways, still the odd icky moment.
Disappointingly, no massed zombie-squashing this season, but you do get clowns, zombie presidents, indestructible zombies, zombie nuns & supposedly giant zombie rats.
More disappointingly, no Addy, apart from a couple of short scenes.....but made up for by the new team-member, 'Sarge' :biggrin:
The occasional totally weird episode ( episode 5 in particular, where you're still none the wiser at the end of it )
The obligatory twists both at the start & the end.
Some rather interesting costume choices for Lt. Warren ( especially in the first episode ) :biggrin:

Roll on series 5.
Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby AlexC on Wed 10 Oct 2018, 5:52 pm

Interesting programme on last night about David Hockney and a new window that he was designing for Westminster Abbey. Can't say that I'm all that keen on Hockney's work, but the finished window looked quite good IMHO. Hands up everyone else who watched it! :biggrin:
AlexC

Postby DerekF on Sat 13 Oct 2018, 9:54 pm

Just finished binge-watching series 3 of The Man in the High Castle. Best series yet I think.

Another excellent series of Elementary finished.

New American Horror Story to look forward to as well.

Killing Eve was rather good too as was No Offence on C4.
DerekF

Postby boff180 on Sun 14 Oct 2018, 8:47 am

I’m looking forward to series 3 of The Expanse...

It’s already available on DVD.

Yet Netflix have removed Series 1 + 2 and Amazon has the rights to Series 4.

It appears no-one in the U.K. is actually going to show Series 3!
boff180
UKAR Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic