What are UKARians watching on TV?

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Postby AlexC on Sun 29 Sep 2013, 8:55 pm

Watched the latest (and last) episode of The IT Crowd on Friday. Very disappointing I thought. They probably should have left well alone IMHO.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby timuss on Sun 29 Sep 2013, 9:19 pm

Started watching Marvel Agents of Shield, on Friday its definatley got potential.
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
PSN: timuss
timuss

Postby Abingdonman on Sun 29 Sep 2013, 9:30 pm

Sunderland v Liverpool
Country file
Antiques road show
Downton Abbey
I dont think I've even heard of half the stuff mentioned,mind you ......I only watch decent stuff :wink:
Abingdonman

Postby tankbuster81 on Sun 29 Sep 2013, 10:39 pm

Under the Dome, Whitechapel and Wentworth Prison......
Don't bother running, you'll only die tired!!
tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Postby Kieran on Mon 30 Sep 2013, 3:52 am

DanO1978 wrote:New series of Homeland kicks off in the US tonight. Dare say it'll be on C4 within a couple of weeks. First two series have set the bar mighty high.

Third series is due to air on C4 next Sunday.
Kieran

Postby boff180 on Mon 30 Sep 2013, 6:47 am

timuss wrote:Started watching Marvel Agents of Shield, on Friday its definatley got potential.

Tbh I was unimpressed, it felt very low budget in some places with some wooden acting.

And in other news, Ziva (Côte de Pablo) is leaving NCIS at the end of the current season premiering in the US :-(
boff180
UKAR Staff

Postby Comet102 on Mon 30 Sep 2013, 7:30 pm

boff180 wrote:And in other news, Ziva (Côte de Pablo) is leaving NCIS at the end of the current season premiering in the US :-(

Yeah, I like NCIS as well, apparently her decision was a complete surprise to the crew and cast alike.
Comet102

Postby DerekF on Mon 30 Sep 2013, 7:36 pm

Well that's Dexter finished......for now.

Quite enjoyable really but it was time it came to a conclusion.

We've recorded Atlantis and Agents of SHIELD so we'll see what they're like.
DerekF

Postby tankbuster on Mon 30 Sep 2013, 8:02 pm

Peaky Blinders , just caught up episode1 & 2 because swmbo told me I'd like it. She wasn't wrong
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics
tankbuster

Postby AlexC on Tue 01 Oct 2013, 2:40 pm

DerekF wrote:Well that's Dexter finished......for now.

One of my favourite series. Just finished watching the sixth season, a box set lent to us. Also just started the first season of Boardwalk Empire. Very impressed so far.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby AndyXH558 on Tue 01 Oct 2013, 5:19 pm

that marvels agents of shield looks pretty good on the first episode, NCIS is going to be upsetting as Ziva is not going to be in it :sad: and I am really looking foreward to homeland too.
AndyXH558

Postby AlexC on Tue 01 Oct 2013, 7:46 pm

AndyXH558 wrote:I am really looking foreward to Homeland too.

You and me both! :up:
AlexC

Postby Thumper on Tue 01 Oct 2013, 11:50 pm

I've been enjoying Under the Dome which is pretty gripping and I am also a massive fan of Storage Hunters, I am completely addicted and tonight's episode had 2 units with an aircraft being made in them!

I also watched the first part of Inside Broadmoor the other night which was both fascinating and horrifying.
Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Postby JackyRIATWilson on Wed 02 Oct 2013, 11:26 am

I myself love cooking programmes, if I'm not at an airshow or engaged elsewhere I always try to catch Saturday Kitchen. Makes me rather hungry... :grin:

I'm always watching the latest series of Great British Bake Off, very happy seeing as Ruby is very dishy! :oops:

But I also just stumbled across Masterchef New Zealand. The contestants on one particular solipsism had to cook steak... In the hangar of 42 Squadron RNZAF with a rather nice looking P-3 Orion in the background! :yahoo:

Jack.
JackyRIATWilson

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Fri 11 Oct 2013, 9:39 pm

Top Gear USA. :up:

Can we have Tanner Foust to replace Richard Hammond?
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Postby timuss on Sun 13 Oct 2013, 7:34 pm

Walking Dead series 4 starts this Friday at 10.00 on Fox, can't wait :cool:
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
PSN: timuss
timuss

Postby DerekF on Mon 14 Oct 2013, 7:11 am

So far, and I know we're a few episodes behind, Boardwalk Empire Season 3 is probably the best yet.

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD is sort of OK so far. The first was good, the second episode less so. We'll see what the third one is like.

Shame that this year's funniest comedy, "Bad Education " is finished. Not to be confused with the dire "Big School".

"Chickens" wasn't too bad either, although in reality it was "The Inbetweeners" set in WW1.
DerekF

Postby rdchawk on Mon 14 Oct 2013, 7:57 am

DerekF wrote:So far, and I know we're a few episodes behind, Boardwalk Empire Season 3 is probably the best yet.

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD is sort of OK so far. The first was good, the second episode less so. We'll see what the third one is like.

Shame that this year's funniest comedy, "Bad Education " is finished. Not to be confused with the dire "Big School".

"Chickens" wasn't too bad either, although in reality it was "The Inbetweeners" set in WW1.

Much preferred Big Bad World to Chickens, as you say Chickens they were just like their characters in the Inbetweeners, whereas in Big Bad World Neil is not like Neil (if you get my meaning)
Known as Red 13,
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team
rdchawk

Postby Logster on Mon 14 Oct 2013, 12:29 pm

JackyRIATWilson wrote:Senna.

Brilliant. Simple as.

Jack.

Absolutely brilliant. I'm not even a fan of F1 (although when Senna was around in the early 90s I was a teenager and did enjoy it more then) but a completely gripping film.
Logster

Postby TheDuck on Wed 16 Oct 2013, 11:05 am

Just watched Out There by Stephen Fry, with all the talk of dumbing down in the documentary sphere it is an intelligent and thoughtful program.
TheDuck

Postby AlexC on Wed 16 Oct 2013, 7:14 pm

Ryan. wrote:Just watched Out There by Stephen Fry, with all the talk of dumbing down in the documentary sphere it is an intelligent and thoughtful program.

I agree, amazing programme.
AlexC

Postby MarkL on Wed 16 Oct 2013, 7:19 pm

Just watched Prof Brian Cox ... Horizon: 40 years on the moon. Very interesting especially if you remember that time. Recorded from earlier this week on the mighty BBC4.
HTAFC
MarkL
UKAR Supporter

Postby DerekF on Thu 17 Oct 2013, 7:23 am

Plenty of good telly returning soon.

Boardwalk Empire Season 4 on 26th October - must try and get season 3 finished
Elementary Season 2 on 22nd October - thoroughly enjoyed this American take on Sherlock Holmes
American Horror Story Season 3 on 29th October - the first season was better than the second but we'll see how this turns out.
Veep season 2 started last night - excellent comedy from Armando Iannucci and Simon Blackwell
DerekF

Postby AlexC on Tue 22 Oct 2013, 11:21 am

JackyRIATWilson wrote:Senna.

Brilliant. Simple as.

Jack.

Just watched that myself, and I agree, it was Brilliant. The most telling part to me was when towards the end of his life he was asked what he had enjoyed most about motor racing, or words to that effect, and he said it was during the early part of his career in Europe kart racing along with Terry Fullerton, 'pure driving, pure racing, no politics, and no money'.
AlexC

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic