What are UKARians watching on TV?

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Postby JJC on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 7:44 pm

AlexC wrote:
JJC wrote:Can't forget Mr 'I have extramarital relations with an extraterrestrial' either :lol:

Oh yes, he was a class 1 nutter. Liked the bit where he bought the 'perfect' colour pencils for his childish drawings. Think he also said that he had some sort of ET mother. :sick:

From what I gathered...it was his 'Alien sister' that he mated with, or some relation to the 'mother' at least. :sick:

Made me chuckle when he got stressed out because the 'Government' were following him, insisting on overtaking, and ranting at the camera man to make it obvious they were being filmed...*cue the most mundane chase sequence ever* :biggrin:
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''
JJC

Postby Flare Path on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 7:59 pm

MGS 4 (Cutscene edition)
Flare Path

Postby Brevet Cable on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 9:00 pm

Errr.....what's "MGS 4" when it's at home ?? :question:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby timuss on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 9:10 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:Errr.....what's "MGS 4" when it's at home ?? :question:

Metal Gear Solid its a video game, or more like an interactive movie given the amount of cut scenes :grin:
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
PSN: timuss
timuss

Postby AlexC on Thu 27 Jun 2013, 4:29 pm

I always watch Question Time on BBC1 every Thursday. They sometimes have unusual panel members, last Thursday it was Russell Brand bless him. He turned out to be a complete waste of space on the programme, calling everyone 'mate', which I didn't think was really appropriate in this case.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby Mad Dan on Thu 27 Jun 2013, 4:45 pm

Russell Brand a complete waste of space...

Tell me something I didn't know...............
I am not a loony... I used to be, but I think I am better now...
Mad Dan

Postby AlexC on Thu 27 Jun 2013, 7:49 pm

Mad Dan wrote:Russell Brand a complete waste of space...

Tell me something I didn't know...............

Just confirming it!
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby Macc on Thu 27 Jun 2013, 11:28 pm

I've been watching a lot of the Confederation's Cup football games recently. Great competition with a lot of stunning games and stunning goals so far! Hope the remaining two games live up the standard set already.
Macc

Postby Abingdonman on Fri 28 Jun 2013, 8:33 am

Good match last night Spain v Italy...the result was in doubt right up to the very end,could have went either way,and even the penalties were exciting! :grin:
looking at the weekend,its Football,Rugby,Tennis,Horseracing,and then there is Silverstone,on top of that is Glastonbury.... the telly will be at melting point by Sunday night! :wink:
Abingdonman

Postby AlexC on Fri 28 Jun 2013, 9:30 am

Abingdonman wrote:Good match last night Spain v Italy...the result was in doubt right up to the very end,could have went either way,and even the penalties were exciting! :grin:

But it overran massively. Couldn't wait up for Question Time to come on! :mad: And with Wimbledon on now the schedules are sure to be all over the place.
AlexC

Postby Abingdonman on Fri 28 Jun 2013, 10:09 am

AlexC wrote:
Abingdonman wrote:Good match last night Spain v Italy...the result was in doubt right up to the very end,could have went either way,and even the penalties were exciting! :grin:

But it overran massively. Couldn't wait up for Question Time to come on! :mad: And with Wimbledon on now the schedules are sure to be all over the place.

I believe most of us football fans would rather a match be finished in the 90 odd minutes,I'm certain the players would too,especially in the heat they had to play in last night!......the Spanish manager was sweating like a glassblowers **** and he was only watching! :grin:
Abingdonman

Postby Abingdonman on Sun 30 Jun 2013, 8:52 am

A bit of Rugby,Horseracing & Tennis set the day up for 'In it to win it' compared by Dale 'supermarket sweep' Winton...how unfair can the times up 'buzzer' be in that programme?
one can put in most of the money and then some repribate can take your share with their first and only question! :question:

then it was on to Glastonbury for The Strolling Bones ...
my god ..what a short set for the star act I thought! :shock: and whats more to confuse me they said their goodnights and then came back a few minutes later ..whats going on I thought? :dizzy:
....turns out the BBC were shamefully doing us out of half the act,they only transmitted from the 12th song of the set!

I want £4.50 of my licence fee back! :grin:
Abingdonman

Postby DerekF on Sun 30 Jun 2013, 9:23 am

Not the fault of the BBC apparently. The band originally only wanted 4 songs broadcast but eventually agreed to the BBC broadcasting an hour's worth.

With hindsight 4 songs would have been better. They were pretty poor I thought. Flat, unengaging and with the exception of Mick Jagger looked totally uninterested.
Earlier in the day I watched the Strypes, granted the Rolling Stones are 50 years older, but they were outstanding, playing with a swagger and energy that puts many older bands to shame. I enjoyed Elvis Costello as well, choosing to watch him rather than Primal Scream. I'll use the BBC Iplayer to see if Public Enemy were as good as the hype suggested.
DerekF

Postby Abingdonman on Sun 30 Jun 2013, 9:43 am

Probably there is a DVD coming out and thats why the transmission was not a full one! :wink:
In my view they should have shown the beginning of the set,and cut out some of the act later on......
however,for me I thought they were pretty good for a good part....they did a 2 hr stint and were not bad at all for pensioners! :grin:
I didnt expect them to play my favourite Stones stuff....'Its all over now' 'The last time' 'Ruby tuesday' 'Play with fire' etc...I liked the Stones of old...'Satisfaction' was about the nearest they did (transmitted)last night
Abingdonman

Postby rdchawk on Sun 30 Jun 2013, 10:02 am

I thought Chase and Status were awesome :rock: :rock:
Known as Red 13,
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team
rdchawk

Postby toom317 on Sun 30 Jun 2013, 10:08 am

The walking dead is back for a 3rd season, and it was a vast improvement on the previous two seasons. Whether it keeps it up is another matter. Worst thing is, it is on commercial telly, and the looooooong ad breaks are a pain.
"Nice pics mate" comments only! No criticism please.

Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts.
toom317
UKAR Supporter

Postby Pat Murphy on Sun 30 Jun 2013, 10:08 pm

Arctic Monkeys were excellent on Friday, Had to watch the Stones just because younever know when it might be the last time (no pun intended :grin: ) Tom Odell was good but tonight Mumford are just :rock:
http://www.northwalesbreaks.co.uk
Formerly known as Ilovelightnings
Pat Murphy

Postby AlexC on Mon 01 Jul 2013, 11:26 am

toom317 wrote:The walking dead is back for a 3rd season, and it was a vast improvement on the previous two seasons. Whether it keeps it up is another matter. Worst thing is, it is on commercial telly, and the looooooong ad breaks are a pain.

I didn't start watching until the 2nd season, and I thought that was pretty good. I tend to record these programmes that are on commercial TV to avoid the ad breaks as far as is possible. Also, can anybody honestly say that any TV advert has ever had any effect on their buying habits?

The BBC are playing fast and loose again with the shedules for Wimbledon, swiching from BBC 2 to BBC 1 and vice versa etc., for no good reason that I can see, we've all got access to all BBC TV channels. Anyone got any ideas why they are doing this, beats me?!
AlexC

Postby 138EAW on Mon 01 Jul 2013, 11:41 am

toom317 wrote:The walking dead is back for a 3rd season, and it was a vast improvement on the previous two seasons. Whether it keeps it up is another matter. Worst thing is, it is on commercial telly, and the looooooong ad breaks are a pain.

I quite enjoyed the 3rd season but frankly "The Governor" has to go :grin: does my head in.

Dexter started in the US last night, haven't watched it yet :ninja: I'm hoping as it's the final season, it will be an improvement on season 7
Last edited by 138EAW on Mon 01 Jul 2013, 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary

RAF Tornados left in service =28
GR4 =25, GR4(T) =3
138EAW

Postby DerekF on Mon 01 Jul 2013, 11:51 am

ILoveLightnings wrote:Arctic Monkeys were excellent on Friday, Had to watch the Stones just because younever know when it might be the last time (no pun intended :grin: ) Tom Odell was good but tonight Mumford are just :rock:

I watched Arctic Monkeys on Iplayer and thought they were pretty good. I enjoyed PIL yesterday and Deap Vally later on. I can't stand Mumford and Sons so I endured/enjoyed(?) The XX instead.
DerekF

Postby grant_w on Mon 01 Jul 2013, 12:43 pm

Mumford & Sons were described as "The Waitrose Pogues" on Absolute Radio this morning, made me laugh :lol:

Anyone else watching Banshee or Revolution?
grant_w

Postby MRTT on Mon 01 Jul 2013, 5:09 pm

I watch quite a lot so I will only post a few

Casualty
Mrs Browns Boys
Broadchurch

Watched Top Gear a couple of times!
Last edited by MRTT on Wed 10 Feb 2016, 8:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey
MRTT

Postby rdchawk on Mon 01 Jul 2013, 5:54 pm

Anyone watch the new series of top gear??
Known as Red 13,
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team
rdchawk

Postby DerekF on Mon 01 Jul 2013, 6:53 pm

grant_w wrote:Anyone else watching Banshee or Revolution?

Got to around episode 9 of Revolution and realized it was getting very similar each week so we gave up. Didn't get into Banshee at all.
DerekF

Postby Charles on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 8:04 am

rdchawk wrote:Anyone watch the new series of top gear??

Yes, watched the first episode on Sunday.
Charles

You can always achieve more than you think you can.
Charles

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic