What are UKARians watching on TV?

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Postby AlexC on Fri 03 Nov 2017, 3:35 pm

Harriet Harman is in big big trouble with Jewish groups after repeating a vile holocaust joke on Andrew Neil's 'This Week' programme last night. What was she thinking!?
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby Brevet Cable on Fri 03 Nov 2017, 4:09 pm

Taken out of context & Andrew Neil getting a strop on because it was proving a point against him.
http://www.clydebankpost.co.uk/news/15639513.Jewish_charity_demands_apology_from_Harriet_Harman_over_Holocaust____joke___/
Those who may feel offended may not wish to read the above link because it includes both jokes.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby AlexC on Fri 03 Nov 2017, 4:33 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:Taken out of context & Andrew Neil getting a strop on because it was proving a point against him.

She appeared to be repeating a joke that she was suggesting Andrew Neil would find funny. Is it any wonder that he would 'get a strop'?
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby Brevet Cable on Fri 03 Nov 2017, 4:51 pm

He has defended student rag mags & the jokes they contained a number of times over the years.
The jokes she was intending to repeat were both featured in a student rag mag that she complained about & was derided for doing so.

Context.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby AlexC on Fri 03 Nov 2017, 5:23 pm

I did record the programme, so will watch it again.
AlexC

Postby speedbird2639 on Fri 03 Nov 2017, 9:04 pm

Just a heads up for those that like it "Detectorists" is back for its final series of 6 episodes on Wednesday at 10PM BBC4.
speedbird2639

Postby Marathon Milkshake on Sun 05 Nov 2017, 12:05 am

been watching the latest big bang theory and the last man on earth, also watching re-runs of Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes.

Has anyone watched the few episodes available of Glitch? stupendously good!!
Marathon Milkshake

Postby AndyXH558 on Sun 05 Nov 2017, 1:27 pm

Anyone who has access to BT TV or sky, the AMC channel is running the TV adaptation of Snatch, Episode two is on Tuesday night. Spoiler....

One scene is set in a lap dancing club, in reality it was an old lexus showroom on Bury new road, Cheetham hill, Manchester. It was filmed over two days and was an absolute laugh to do. We got papped by the Daily Mail too. Being an extra is one of the best things I've ever done. you meet some great people who become life long friends, and work with some brilliant actors.
AndyXH558

Postby Brevet Cable on Sun 05 Nov 2017, 4:00 pm

Marathon Milkshake wrote:Has anyone watched the few episodes available of Glitch? stupendously good!!

Is that the 'Glitch' which is basically another rehash of 'Les Revenents' ( about dead people turning up alive ) or the more recent Glitch' ( Sci-Fi ) ?
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Marathon Milkshake on Tue 07 Nov 2017, 10:40 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:
Marathon Milkshake wrote:Has anyone watched the few episodes available of Glitch? stupendously good!!

Is that the 'Glitch' which is basically another rehash of 'Les Revenents' ( about dead people turning up alive ) or the more recent Glitch' ( Sci-Fi ) ?

First one, never heard of 'Les Revents'
Marathon Milkshake

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 08 Nov 2017, 4:32 am

'Les Revents' was the original French-made series from 2012.
It was then pretty much remade twice by the Americans, in 2014 as 'Resurrection' & in 2015 as 'The Returned', and by the Australians as 'Glitch'
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Marathon Milkshake on Wed 08 Nov 2017, 10:09 am

Blimey, I didnt know any of that, no wonder it is so good! Just watched the entire second series, bit of a let down, not as good as the first series.
Marathon Milkshake

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 08 Nov 2017, 11:02 am

I know both the original French version & the Amarican 'The Returned' have been shown on UK terrestrial TV over the last couple of years, not sure if 'Resurrection' has, though.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby AlexC on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 10:31 am

Marathon Milkshake wrote:Been watching the latest big bang theory.

Me too!
AlexC

Postby Marathon Milkshake on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 11:11 am

Young Sheldon has started off pretty good as well.
Marathon Milkshake

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 12:35 pm

Stranger Things 2, one absolutely awful episode (and you'll know which one it is when you've seen it) aside was excellent. Staggering that such a young cast can carry off such a show so well. Great to hear seasons 3 and 4 have been officially given the go-ahead too.

Blue Planet 2. Attenborough and the BBC doing what they do better than anyone else.

Curb Your Enthusiasm. Larry's back and it's like he's never been away. First episode took a while to get going, but the rest of the season has been vintage Curb.

Williams. Awesome documentary on Netflix about the F1 team. Can't go wrong with archive footage of 70s and 80s cars, but the politics of the family and how they deal with both Sir Frank's condition, and his inability to express emotions is compelling stuff.
Dan O'Hagan

Postby Finningley Boy on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 12:56 pm

A programme on BBC1 about 100 years of Women's service in the Armed Forces. :cuppa:

FB :biggrin:
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!
Finningley Boy

Postby tankbuster on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 10:25 pm

Peaky Blinders series 4 started tonight, for me up there with the great TV dramas. I thought tonight's episode was awesome even by its own high standards.
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics
tankbuster

Postby AlexC on Thu 16 Nov 2017, 11:09 am

Finningley Boy wrote:A programme on BBC1 about 100 years of Women's service in the Armed Forces.

I thought that was quite good. I once had a neighbour who was a WAAF driver at RAF Upwood (PFF, Lanc's and Mossie's) who has had an interesting life story, although sad to begin with. Still try to see her from time to time.
AlexC

Postby AlexC on Fri 17 Nov 2017, 5:11 pm

Very interesting programme on a day or two ago about the Elizabeth Tower and Big Ben, including the up-coming extensive restoration works about to start. Also a very moving story of a family in hiding in Austria during WWII who had the use of a radio, and were able to listen to broadcasts from London which included the sound of Big Ben. The family believed that as long as they could hear Big Ben all would eventually be well.
AlexC

Postby Airwolfhound on Fri 17 Nov 2017, 5:31 pm

Finished Stranger Things 2 last night, thoroughly enjoyed it. Even the 'rubbish 7th episode' wasn't rubbish :grin:

The Punisher kicks off today, I shall be ensconced :-)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)
Airwolfhound

Postby speedbird2639 on Sat 25 Nov 2017, 8:33 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b045pbq2/britains-greatest-pilot-the-extraordinary-story-of-captain-winkle-brown

I meant to flag this up before it was on but forgot - 1 hr documentary about Eric Brown in his own words. Excellent watch you can catch on the iplayer for the next month.
speedbird2639

Postby tankbuster81 on Sun 26 Nov 2017, 9:57 am

speedbird2639 wrote:Just a heads up for those that like it "Detectorists" is back for its final series of 6 episodes on Wednesday at 10PM BBC4.

Must admit i have a fondness for this programme, and have been watching.
Don't bother running, you'll only die tired!!
tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Postby AlexC on Sun 26 Nov 2017, 10:39 am

This really belongs under 'what we are not watching' if there was such a thing. Last night I stumbled upon a 'programme' called 'Len Goodman's Partners in Rhyme'. I have to say that it was just above the biggest pile of steaming wotsit that I've ever seen on TV, and that's really saying something. And perhaps even more disturbing was that it was part of series 2. :shock:
AlexC

Postby maltwoser on Sun 26 Nov 2017, 11:45 am

Some great shout in here (Detectorists, Last Man on Earth). I've just binge watched Mindhunter on netflix about the early work done by the FBI on understanding serial killers. Great series. My wife and I loved Professor T, and the new series is available from Friday on all4.
maltwoser

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic