What are UKARians watching on TV?

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Postby rdchawk on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 10:14 am

Charles wrote:
rdchawk wrote:Anyone watch the new series of top gear??

Yes, watched the first episode on Sunday.

hadn't seen one advert for it - luckily saw it whilst flicking through Sky guide and series linked it - Good episode to start with.
Known as Red 13,
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team
rdchawk

Postby Mad Dan on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 2:07 pm

Some ornaments...

...but they keep falling off..................
I am not a loony... I used to be, but I think I am better now...
Mad Dan

Postby rdchawk on Fri 12 Jul 2013, 9:08 pm

Anyone catch the start of the new series Dynamo? Absolutely incredible stuff!!
Known as Red 13,
rdchawk

Postby DanH on Fri 12 Jul 2013, 9:15 pm

Episode 1 of Sherlock series 2 was repeated tonight on BBC1. It seems they're showing the next two over the next couple of Fridays too. Can't wait for the new series! :yahoo:
Always seeking to lower the tone...
DanH

Postby AlexC on Sat 13 Jul 2013, 9:40 am

I tend to watch a lot of stuff that not many others seem to! Such as The Good Wife, Scandal, The Big C, Hell on Wheels, and The Returned etc., etc.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby Agg on Tue 23 Jul 2013, 6:20 pm

tomcatforever wrote:
toom317 wrote:The walking dead is back for a 3rd season, and it was a vast improvement on the previous two seasons. Whether it keeps it up is another matter. Worst thing is, it is on commercial telly, and the looooooong ad breaks are a pain.

I quite enjoyed the 3rd season but frankly "The Governor" has to go :grin: does my head in.

Have you read the comic? The first season was quite good, but the second one was awful and they started straying further and further away from the comic. The story in the comic is fantastic and I had a hard time putting it down, but the tv show is slow and they have cut out a lot of what makes the comic great, added some characters, kept some alive that died a long time ago in the comic and generally seem to take the story in a different direction.
Agg
UKAR Staff

Postby Brevet Cable on Tue 23 Jul 2013, 6:58 pm

AlexC wrote:I tend to watch a lot of stuff that not many others seem to!.....Hell on Wheels...
Oh , good....it's not just me , then !! :biggrin:
( Now all I need is for someone to admit to watching Spartacus !! :lol: )
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby Mooshie1956 on Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:00 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:
AlexC wrote:I tend to watch a lot of stuff that not many others seem to!.....Hell on Wheels...
Oh , good....it's not just me , then !! :biggrin:
( Now all I need is for someone to admit to watching Spartacus !! :lol: )

And why would you be watching Spartacus? Nothing to do with all those scantily clad women of course. :lol:
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/mooshie1956/
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-300 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens
Mooshie1956

Postby Brevet Cable on Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:40 pm

Nope.....I'm merely a big fan of Lucy Lawless and have always admired her acting skills !! :drool: :lmao:
Ironically , if you take out all the sex & the cartoon violence , they're probably more like the way real gladiators were than those depicted in either the Kirk Douglas film or Russell Crow's effort.
( Although they still weren't wholly correct by omitting the fact that not all gladiators were slaves/prisoners & that there were also female gladiators )
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby AlexC on Wed 24 Jul 2013, 1:17 pm

I'm assuming that Spartacus is on Sky?

Just been lent box sets of series 1 and 2 of Broadwalk Empire, which I'm looking forward to viewing. As far as The Walking Dead is concerned, I've never seen the comics (didn't even know that they existed) so I've nothing to compare the TV series to. And I agree that the ad breaks (excessive length and number of them) are a right pain in the backside, so I always record the programmes and speed though them.
AlexC

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 24 Jul 2013, 1:47 pm

It's probably on Sky , or one of the other subscription services.
As I don't do Sky , I wait until the stuff I want to watch comes out on DVD.......with the added advantage that I then don't have to sit through the mutlitudes of annoying ad-breaks !! :lol:

Regarding "TWD"......Agg's probably now on some geek's hit-list for calling them comics -- they're "graphic novels" ( you know.....like the 'Commando' books !! :lmao: )
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby AlexC on Wed 24 Jul 2013, 2:19 pm

I missed the first season of The Walking Dead, didn't notice it in the TV listings until the start of the 2nd series. Going to get the box set of series 1, only £12 on amazon! BTW, anyone else watching The Returned? Seriously creepy!
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby AlexC on Wed 24 Jul 2013, 2:23 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:Oh , good....it's not just me , then !! :biggrin:

Oh well, two of us at least! The others don't know what they're missing!
AlexC

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 24 Jul 2013, 3:15 pm

The Returned........is that the weird French series ??
Is so , haven't seen it , but did see some of the original ( '70s ) version when one of the freeview channels had it on a couple of years ago. Rather slow-paced , but interesting.

"HOW".......as I said previously , in my opinion it's better than Deadwood , even if the 2nd series did markedly deviate from the plot-line of the 1st.
Mind you , I've also sat there picking faults ( for starters , too many Winchester '66 rifles whereas they should have been Henry Rifles , with the Cavalry using Spencers or Springfield 'trapdoor' carbines )
Go on......say it.......I'm a geek !! :lol:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby AlexC on Wed 24 Jul 2013, 3:27 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:Go on......say it.......I'm a geek !! :lol:

I'm hardly going to say that, being a bit of a geek myself where the old West is concerned! Thought the Cheyenne warriors looked right. I saw a few of the Deadwood series, they were good. And The Returned is the French series, one more episode to go!
AlexC

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 24 Jul 2013, 4:13 pm

Well , for something different I'm waiting for the DVDs of "Plebs" to arrive.
Being a big fan of "Chelmsford 123" , I'm interested in how it compares.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby DerekF on Wed 24 Jul 2013, 6:02 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:It's probably on Sky , or one of the other subscription services.
As I don't do Sky , I wait until the stuff I want to watch comes out on DVD.......with the added advantage that I then don't have to sit through the mutlitudes of annoying ad-breaks !! :lol:

Regarding "TWD"......Agg's probably now on some geek's hit-list for calling them comics -- they're "graphic novels" ( you know.....like the 'Commando' books !! :lmao: )

And if you use Sky On Demand there's no adverts either and no faffing with discs.
DerekF

Postby rdchawk on Wed 07 Aug 2013, 7:08 am

Sad to see last in the series of Dynamo, the man is incredible and every episode leaves me speechless, I know there's a way he does it, but it is the how that has me wondering. Brilliant brilliant stuff :king:
Known as Red 13,
rdchawk

Postby AlexC on Thu 08 Aug 2013, 8:38 am

Last nights 'Who Do You Think You Are?' with Minnie Driver was good. It was in a large part about her father who had been in the RAF. It's repeated tonight on BBC1 at 22.35.
AlexC

Postby Trevsy on Thu 08 Aug 2013, 8:56 am

Just finished watching the first season of "The Walking Dead" on rental. Excellent series, very watchable. "Game of Thrones" however is even better. Can't wait for the new season. Also on the horizon is Avengers spin off "Agents of Shield" which promises to be very good certainly by the looks of the trailer it's got a huge budget.
"Dom Pérignon '62 Red 5?" - Roger Moore
Trevsy

Postby Tommy on Thu 29 Aug 2013, 9:13 pm

Just got through the first season of Sons of Anarchy.

It is pretty decent and Ron Perlman is just a beast, and suits the role of the boss of a biker gang in the US down to the ground.

Thinking of maybe purchasing Broadwalk Empire... Any good?
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby TheSoundOfFreedom on Sat 31 Aug 2013, 1:01 pm

If you like classic american cars and hot rods, a show on discovery called 'Fast'N'Loud' they basically turn old rust heaps into bad ass cars in less than a week.
TheSoundOfFreedom

Postby DerekF on Mon 23 Sep 2013, 11:22 am

Quite enjoying the new series "Bates Motel" on Universal. Sort of a prequel to "Psycho".

Homeland season 3 starts on Sunday 6th October and season 4 of Boardwalk Empire a few weeks later. We must get around to watching season 3 sometime :oops: .
DerekF

Postby Spiny Norman on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 11:36 am

Tommy wrote:Just got through the first season of Sons of Anarchy.

It is pretty decent and Ron Perlman is just a beast, and suits the role of the boss of a biker gang in the US down to the ground.

Thinking of maybe purchasing Broadwalk Empire... Any good?

It is very good indeed. Steve Buscemi is superb in it but there's plenty other characters in it that are terrific. It moves along pretty quickly too, compared to some DVD-box set shows.
I want to see a flying Mosquito in the UK. I'm supporting The People's Mosquito.
http://www.peoplesmosquito.org.uk/
Spiny Norman

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 11:48 am

And it's yet another American series where the main ( or one of the main ) character is played by a Brit. -- Charlie Hunnam.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic