What are UKARians watching on TV?

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Postby Tommy on Sun 27 May 2018, 1:15 pm

Watched Lost in Space recently. Cinematically I enjoyed it. Lots of pretty things to look at. Writing-wise it felt a bit tired, to me. But overall not a bad watch. :up:
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby Brevet Cable on Sun 27 May 2018, 2:41 pm

Again on iPlayer....
'Missions' -- a French-made Sci-Fi series, where each episode is only about 20 minutes long.
Naff effects which wouldn't look out of place in 60s/70s series such as 'Space 1999', contrived storyline, contrived characters, but it's one of those series that's so naff it's good.
Don't know what the Americans will make of it, though, as it would appear that they're the baddies.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby Brevet Cable on Mon 04 Jun 2018, 8:17 pm

Not quite TV, Amazon again.....
If you've got Prime, you've currently got the opportunity to watch what is probably one of the bestest and greatest martial arts series ever -- 'The Water Margin' ! :biggrin:
Along with 'Tour Of Duty', 'Roots' & 'Kung Fu' it was compulsory viewing at the time.
Unusual in that even though it was set in China it was actually made by a Japanese company.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby tankbuster on Tue 12 Jun 2018, 8:11 pm

Just walked in on my other half who is watching Elementary. Mycroft is fornicating with Watson. The world is going to hell in a handcart :shock:
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics
tankbuster

Postby vandal on Wed 13 Jun 2018, 8:10 am

Brevet Cable wrote:Not quite TV, Amazon again.....
If you've got Prime, you've currently got the opportunity to watch what is probably one of the bestest and greatest martial arts series ever -- 'The Water Margin' ! :biggrin:

Netflix are showing a remake of Monkey. :grin:
vandal

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 13 Jun 2018, 8:46 am

:up: Can't fault it. :biggrin:
Could you get away with such characters & story-lines these days?
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Airwolfhound on Wed 13 Jun 2018, 11:46 am

Coming up soon on Amazon Prime 'Jack Ryan' the tv series.

Watched the trailer for it the other night, doesn't look as bad as I thought it might, I shall be giving this a go when it is released :smile:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)
Airwolfhound

Postby AlexC on Wed 13 Jun 2018, 12:08 pm

Looking forward to watching the second season of Outlander on More4 starting on Thursday. :up:
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 2:55 pm

C4's 'How to start an airline'.....I missed it, but having read the review here : https://ukaviation.news/firnas-airways-how-not-to-start-an-airline/ I think I'll give it a watch. :lol:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby AlexC on Thu 28 Jun 2018, 10:00 am

There was a programme on a few days ago about the Rolls-Royce company, including their aero engines with clips of aircraft that used them. Must admit that I wasn't aware that the P-47D was equipped with them?!
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 28 Jun 2018, 10:43 am

Not watched yet, but Amazon Prime have just started showing series 3 of 'Preacher' :biggrin:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Airwolfhound on Wed 04 Jul 2018, 11:49 am

Brevet Cable wrote:Not watched yet, but Amazon Prime have just started showing series 3 of 'Preacher' :biggrin:

Saw Ep1 last night of Season 3, very good to have them back :smile: :smile:

Airwolfhound

Postby AlexC on Mon 06 Aug 2018, 10:30 am

First of a new series 'Flying across Britain with Arthur Williams' was on yesterday at 7.00 on Channel 4, 1 of 4. Concentrated on Dorset etc. last night, with quite a bit at Compton Abbas, perhaps my favourite airfield after Old Warden. I thought it was a good effort, will certainly be watching the rest of the series.
AlexC

Postby austinp on Mon 06 Aug 2018, 11:29 am

Six and Seal Team.

And a bit more besides :-S
austinp

Postby Airwolfhound on Mon 06 Aug 2018, 11:48 am

I bought 'Six' on dvd boxset last year from Amazon.com (American) as couldn't wait for it eventually hit UK shores on the History channel.

Not bad, but just got too religious for my liking (as in Christians are awesome, Muslims not so........).

Some decent action though, and always a fan of Walton Goggins :-)

Much prefer Seal Team, that is quite good fun and a little less religious.

Airwolfhound

Postby Spiny Norman on Mon 13 Aug 2018, 8:47 pm

AlexC wrote:First of a new series 'Flying across Britain with Arthur Williams' was on yesterday at 7.00 on Channel 4, 1 of 4. Concentrated on Dorset etc. last night, with quite a bit at Compton Abbas, perhaps my favourite airfield after Old Warden. I thought it was a good effort, will certainly be watching the rest of the series.

Yes, been good so far. His enthusiasm comes over and there's been some great filming. There's enough potential for a few series of this show.
I want to see a flying Mosquito in the UK. I'm supporting The People's Mosquito.
http://www.peoplesmosquito.org.uk/
Spiny Norman

Postby Brevet Cable on Tue 14 Aug 2018, 5:14 pm

Spent the weekend at work catching up on the 7 episodes of series 3 of 'Preacher' which were out on Amazon Prime so far.
If anything, it's getting sillier, not that that's a bad thing :biggrin:
Another vampire, Satan, the Angel of Death ( :drool: ), Mr Creosote - err, sorry, I mean the Pope - all put in an appearance, as do a number of zombies, plus a tap-dancing Humpadoo the Messiah & the return of dog/God.
Oh, and Jesus - err, sorry, Jesse - still sports the silliest haircut ever. :lol:
Roll on the rest of the series.

Edited to add....
Hmm....a strange ending to the series. :dizzy:
I don't seem to be the only person who watched episode 10 expecting there to be more.
Hundreds ( if not thousands ) of Humpadoos doing Lemings impressions, und Hell hat einen neuen Leiter.

Roll on series 4.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby toom317 on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 8:57 am

Had the misfortune to catch a few minutes of "The Circle" while visiting someone last night. What a load of shyte. Who watches this garbage.
"Nice pics mate" comments only! No criticism please.

Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts.
toom317
UKAR Supporter

Postby AlexC on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 10:17 am

toom317 wrote:"The Circle"

I've never heard of it?
AlexC

Postby starbuck on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 10:23 am

AlexC wrote:

I've never heard of it?

I've heard it's a pointless programme :whistle:
starbuck

Postby AlexC on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 10:38 am

Strictly Come Dancing, another pointless programme......when will it end? Someone please make it stop!
AlexC

Postby toom317 on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 7:29 pm

AlexC wrote:

I've never heard of it?

Don't worry, you aren't missing anything
"Nice pics mate" comments only! No criticism please.

Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts.
toom317
UKAR Supporter

Postby Brevet Cable on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 8:14 pm

Is that the thing they were on about on Radio 4 ( 'Front Row', I think ) the other night......something about a game show where the contestants are in a block of flats & everything is done through social media, where the goal is to make yourself the most popular person ( and something about one of the male contestants has been pretending to be female ) ?
If so, it makes you wonder if 'entertainment' can sink any lower. :dizzy:

AlexC wrote:Strictly Come Dancing, another pointless programme......when will it end? Someone please make it stop!

Nowt wrong with SCD....for as long as Kate Silverton's still in it. :biggrin:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Abbo46 on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 9:52 pm

Not something I've said about a BBC drama before but, Bodyguard was bloody brilliant. :clap:
Abbo46

Postby AlexC on Tue 25 Sep 2018, 10:56 am

Abbo46 wrote:Not something I've said about a BBC drama before but, Bodyguard was bloody brilliant. :clap:

Agreed! :up:
AlexC

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic