What are UKARians watching on TV?

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Postby ericbee123 on Sun 14 Oct 2018, 9:49 am

Thoroughly enjoyed the Department Q trilogy of films on BBC2 over the last 3 weeks.

Available on BBC iPlayer.
Disclaimer-I have spell/grammar checked this post, it may still contain mistakes that might cause offence.
ericbee123

Postby starbuck on Mon 15 Oct 2018, 9:57 am

Just finished watching both series of No Activity on the BBC, absolute genius comedy. Can't believe it took 3 years from the 1st series being shown in Australia to make its way over here. It's now been picked up and made in the US but not sure if it's available anywhere over here.
starbuck

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Mon 15 Oct 2018, 10:51 am

The fourth season of Better Call Saul on Netflix is a whole new level of excellence. The character development over the four seasons has been incredible, and we're now in a position where lots of pieces of the Breaking Bad jigsaw puzzle are very nearly in place. That rarity where a prequel is on a par with, if not threatening to be even better than an already stellar original.

Season Four was a superb pay-off for the very deliberate and very slow pacing of the first three seasons.

Absolutely brilliant television.
Dan O'Hagan

Postby Victor 23 on Mon 15 Oct 2018, 12:35 pm

I don't watch much tv now due to the utter squit on all channels, gone are the days of The Two Ronnnies, It Ain't Half Hot Mum, in which the beeb now are scared to death of repeating. The 70's & 80's were the best time for me. As for todays comedians they haven't got a clue. As for Netflix that's just another fad. I personally don't want to look at something on a laptop or mobile phone or read something on kindle. :down:
Victor 23

Postby cg_341 on Mon 15 Oct 2018, 12:53 pm

You can watch Netflix on your TV. Sometimes I think you post for the reaction, then I realise you're just a muppet.
cg_341

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Mon 15 Oct 2018, 1:02 pm

Victor 23 wrote:I don't watch much tv now due to the utter squit on all channels, gone are the days of The Two Ronnnies, It Ain't Half Hot Mum, in which the beeb now are scared to death of repeating. The 70's & 80's were the best time for me. As for todays comedians they haven't got a clue. As for Netflix that's just another fad. I personally don't want to look at something on a laptop or mobile phone or read something on kindle. :down:

I'm sounding the "spoof account" klaxon.

Everything "he" says is contrary, pointless or wilfully stupid.
Dan O'Hagan

Postby The Ghost of the CFG on Mon 15 Oct 2018, 1:04 pm

Victor 23 wrote:I don't watch much tv now due to the utter squit on all channels, gone are the days of The Two Ronnnies, It Ain't Half Hot Mum, in which the beeb now are scared to death of repeating. The 70's & 80's were the best time for me. As for todays comedians they haven't got a clue. As for Netflix that's just another fad. I personally don't want to look at something on a laptop or mobile phone or read something on kindle. :down:

Sniff, sniff...
The Ghost of the CFG

Postby Domvickery on Mon 15 Oct 2018, 1:42 pm

Stop feeding the troll
Inventor of the baguette scale
Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Postby Victor 23 on Mon 15 Oct 2018, 3:23 pm

Domvickery wrote:Stop feeding the troll

Not a troll, just stating the facts!! :lol:
Victor 23

Postby Domvickery on Mon 15 Oct 2018, 4:02 pm

Victor 23 wrote:
Domvickery wrote:Stop feeding the troll

Not a troll, just stating the facts!! :lol:

Fact or opinion? The two are very far apart
Inventor of the baguette scale
Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Postby Ian G on Tue 16 Oct 2018, 12:36 pm

Another vote for Better Call Saul - I did wonder how well it would work in its own right but Bob Odenkirk really has made it his own. Great to see the 'backstory' of Breaking Bad and those bits sneaking in from time to time.

On another note, we've been watching Strangers on ITV for the last few weeks. Goodness know how many episodes we're in to now and I'm still completely lost.
Ian Garfield Photography Website!

Flickr Photostream

I should probably be working. Will work for doughnuts.
Ian G
UKAR Staff

Postby Victor 23 on Tue 16 Oct 2018, 12:47 pm

Dan O'Hagan wrote:

I'm sounding the "spoof account" klaxon.

Everything "he" says is contrary, pointless or wilfully stupid.

You obviously don't appreciate the tv programmes in the past!! Only naff items! :lol:
Victor 23

Postby Brevet Cable on Tue 16 Oct 2018, 6:15 pm

Watched episode 2 of Dr Who......
I thought Ep.1 was naff, but this one was far naffer.
They're obviously trying too hard ( except storyline-wise, as they're still nicking stuff from other series/films ) particularly when it comes to The Dr's character.
Not to mention it's continued OTT political-correctness.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby AlexC on Wed 17 Oct 2018, 9:57 am

Dan O'Hagan wrote:The fourth season of Better Call Saul on Netflix is a whole new level of excellence. The character development over the four seasons has been incredible, and we're now in a position where lots of pieces of the Breaking Bad jigsaw puzzle are very nearly in place. That rarity where a prequel is on a par with, if not threatening to be even better than an already stellar original.

Season Four was a superb pay-off for the very deliberate and very slow pacing of the first three seasons.

Absolutely brilliant television.

I agree that Breaking Bad was superb, I watched it on borrowed box-sets. Really like to see Better Call Saul, but haven't got Netflix. Have to be box-sets again.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Wed 17 Oct 2018, 10:35 am

Netflix costs £7.99 a month. It's arguably the best value for money I spend a month, to the extent that I rarely watch anything on traditional television any more, and should cancel Sky when I get round to it.
Dan O'Hagan

Postby AlexC on Wed 17 Oct 2018, 10:51 am

I haven't got Sky. Netflix does sound like very good value, that's for sure.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby cg_341 on Wed 17 Oct 2018, 11:16 am

If you want the best bits of Sky without the silly pricing, get NowTV's entertainment and movie passes.

We pay £7.99 for Netflix, £14.99 for both NowTV passes, and £7.99 for Prime Video, so just shy of £40 a month for our TV. I know people that think they're getting a good deal when they're "only" paying £80 a month for Sky?!
cg_341

Postby Ian G on Thu 18 Oct 2018, 10:42 am

Has anyone seen any of the "Armchair Britain" shows? We've had a TV installed in our office albeit on mute, but I've caught up on them on catchup. It's lovely to take a wander through the TV archives and a few interesting - and forgetten things too.
Ian Garfield Photography Website!

Flickr Photostream

I should probably be working. Will work for doughnuts.
Ian G
UKAR Staff

Postby DerekF on Tue 30 Oct 2018, 2:09 pm

The "live" episode of Inside No.9 on Sunday was a work of genius. If you haven't seen it, try and catch it on iplayer.
DerekF

Postby Euan Buchan on Tue 30 Oct 2018, 2:29 pm

Got a few programmes to catch up with Gordon,Gino & Fred's Cooking show, Butterfly, Walking Dead & Killing Eve.
Euan Buchan

Postby Brevet Cable on Tue 30 Oct 2018, 5:22 pm

Last 2 episodes of Dr Who.....
Meh!! :tumbleweed:

The 'Rosa Parks' one was better than the previous episodes simply because it hearkened back to the old series by having them involved in historical events.
Unfortunately, it let itself down on several fronts, not least by again having a baddie who was so easily defeated and unless he reappears in a future episode, no real idea why he was doing what he was doing.
Plus the obligatory political-correctness -- white people are evil, guns are bad, etc.

With last week's episode, I was again hoping that they'd go more old-school, given that it involved giant spiders.
Nope.....again no attempt whatsoever to scare viewers & the now obligatory 'can't kill anything' mantra.
Oh, and political-correctness was in maximum overflow.

I can't be the only one thinking that the Sylvester McCoy incarnation was better ( or that they could be planning to kill off the series like they did with McCoy's )
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby AlexC on Tue 30 Oct 2018, 10:56 pm

Euan Buchan wrote:Got a few programmes to catch up with Gordon,Gino & Fred's Cooking show, Butterfly, Walking Dead & Killing Eve.

The Gordon, Gino and Fred show was good! :up:
AlexC

Postby Euan Buchan on Wed 31 Oct 2018, 12:11 am

AlexC wrote:
Euan Buchan wrote:Got a few programmes to catch up with Gordon,Gino & Fred's Cooking show, Butterfly, Walking Dead & Killing Eve.

The Gordon, Gino and Fred show was good! :up:

I had to laugh at Gordon I thought how can he say he's proper Scottish and he couldn't even pronounce Brechin properly he was prounnoncing it wrong. :lol:
Euan Buchan

Postby 138EAW on Wed 31 Oct 2018, 12:32 am

Just finished Making a Murderer series 2. I know it’s taken for the defence point of view, but it does make a compelling case for their innocence. There is already talk of a third series
Gary

RAF Tornados left in service =19
GR4 =16, GR4(T) =3
138EAW

Postby AlexC on Wed 31 Oct 2018, 10:27 am

Euan Buchan wrote:I had to laugh at Gordon, I thought how can he say he's proper Scottish and he couldn't even pronounce Brechin properly, he was pronouncing it wrong. :lol:

He's not Scottish! I had a friend once who kept on about being Scottish, he had a kilt etc. that he used to put on on New-Years eve, but he came from somewhere in the Midlands, I forget exactly where, but he was no more Scottish then I am, although he did get plastered every 31st December! Having said that though, I probably am a bit Scottish, or more accurately Scots-Irish.
AlexC

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic