Movies!

Re: Movies!

Postby timuss on Thu 26 Apr 2018, 1:42 pm

Well Infinity War is awesome :cool:
Last edited by timuss on Thu 26 Apr 2018, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
PSN: timuss
timuss

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 26 Apr 2018, 4:14 pm

pbeardmore wrote:re your opinions on Rogue One, you are clearly someone of great taste. It works well on so many levels. I just love it.

Nah.
Watched it 3 times ( on DVD ) now & still think it's naff.
The only decent character in there is Alan Tudyk....playing a robot.
The only decent bit of it is towards the end, when Darth Vader's indulging in gratuitous slaughter.

Obviously I've got no taste....or should that be tasteless ? :lol:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby starbuck on Thu 26 Apr 2018, 4:50 pm

pbeardmore wrote:
PS went to a movie quiz last night night run by someone who knew very little about movies . Sooooooo frustrating for an anal film buff like me :wall: :wall:

Take it you didn't win then? :grin:
starbuck

Postby Airwolfhound on Thu 26 Apr 2018, 5:14 pm

pbeardmore wrote:LN Strike Eagle - re your opinions on Rogue One, you are clearly someone of great taste. It works well on so many levels. I just love it.

PS went to a movie quiz last night night run by someone who knew very little about movies . Sooooooo frustrating for an anal film buff like me :wall: :wall:

You're into anal films ??? :lol:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)
Airwolfhound

Postby toom317 on Fri 27 Apr 2018, 3:22 pm

Just been to see Infinity Wars. The last 30-45 minutes was good, but the first half was a bit of a drag, with too many character sub plots and storylines being set up for the end. Found the references to other films in the Marvel Universe franchise, that I have never seen or been inclined to watch, a bit annoying as well. Perhaps the biggest let down with the film is.....Black Widow is a now a blonde.

Ending is a bit of a downer, and don't forget to sit through the 10 mins of credits after the film finishes, to catch the last scene.
"Nice pics mate" comments only! No criticism please.

Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts.
toom317
UKAR Supporter

Postby lynothehammer on Sat 28 Apr 2018, 6:13 pm

toom317 wrote:Ending is a bit of a downer, and don't forget to sit through the 10 mins of credits after the film finishes, to catch the last scene.

I came away feeling a little bit let down by the finish but the more and more i think about it i actually liked it (nearly gave a spoiler out), and you're also wrong as Black Widow as a blonde! :love: :love: :love:
lynothehammer

Postby vandal on Sun 29 Apr 2018, 6:14 pm

lynothehammer wrote:
toom317 wrote:Ending is a bit of a downer, and don't forget to sit through the 10 mins of credits after the film finishes, to catch the last scene.

I came away feeling a little bit let down by the finish but the more and more i think about it i actually liked it (nearly gave a spoiler out), and you're also wrong as Black Widow as a blonde! :love: :love: :love:

I assumed Widow went blonde for the same reason that the Cap is now sporting a beard and longer hair - as they are wanted the world over, a slight change in hair colour or whatever would make them a little less recognisable. I honestly mistook Captain America for Wanda's brother when he first appeared. :grin:
vandal

Postby Brevet Cable on Sun 29 Apr 2018, 10:51 pm

On BBC iPlayer....'Romper Stomper'
And as is common these days, someone's seen fit to cash in on the original by making a television series of the same name.....set 25 years after the original, with a completely different set of characters. :roll:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby pbeardmore on Mon 30 Apr 2018, 10:35 am

https://avrovulcan.com/events/secret-ci ... the-vulcan

Saturday, May 12, 2018 18:00 - 22:00

Venue: London Southend Aiport, Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS2 6YF

A unique screening of the 1965 James Bond film ‘Thunderball’ starring Sean Connery in Hangar 5 at London Southend Airport.

'Thunderball' features the theft of a Royal Air Force Avro Vulcan bomber and this is your chance to watch the film in the presence of a real Avro Vulcan! Vulcan XL426 will be parked directly outside the 'cinema' in Hangar 5 and you can take a free external tour of the aircraft. Cockpit visits will also be available for a small additional charge.
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”
pbeardmore

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 09 May 2018, 1:31 pm

Because they're free on Amazon Prime....

'Unforgiven' - still as good as it's ever been ( and one of only 3 westerns I can think of which features an 1858 Starr DA revolver :biggrin: )

'Enter The Dragon' - Being old enough to remember when it was released, it definitely hasn't aged well. At the time people used to rave about it, these days they're more likely to laugh & treat it as a comedy.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Tommy on Wed 09 May 2018, 4:39 pm

LN Strike Eagle wrote:Next in the chronology is Rogue One, set before the events of the original trilogy. I loved this film. It was the best of the entire saga I thought - some great performances, and the first film that really captured what I was expecting from the franchise; primarily, a sense of fear of the bad guys and their almighty weapon and some real darkness to overcome. The droid in this one was great too; a new character that was amusing without ever becoming a clown. A stark contrast to JarJar...

Not wrong, bud. Missed your analysis earlier, but yeah, I think R1 might be my favourite, too. :king: :king:

Anyway, Infinity War was pretty good, I thought. I was worried about how they would properly write it with "the most ambitious crossover in history", but it worked really well, I think. I liked that they took the villain, and made the film all about him.

I still think Steve Rogers and/or Tony Stark will both be properly killed off at the end of the next one (properly, not a Marvel-standard "death but brought back in a film's time").
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 09 May 2018, 9:23 pm

Another Amazon Prime freebie...

'Heat' - Pachino & DeNiro doing what they do best....also has arguably one of the best ( and most accurate ) shoot-out scenes ever.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby sithrity on Wed 09 May 2018, 9:36 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:Another Amazon Prime freebie...

'Heat' - Pachino & DeNiro doing what they do best....also has arguably one of the best ( and most accurate ) shoot-out scenes ever.

I couldn't agree more, turn the surround sound up and enjoy!
I don't know everything there is to know about our hobby.

Kids, aviation, missus then responsibilities, (in that order)
sithrity

Postby Red Dragon on Wed 09 May 2018, 10:14 pm

sithrity wrote:

I couldn't agree more, turn the surround sound up and enjoy!

:up: what they both said. 'Heat' one of my all time favourite films :smile:
Committee Member, Valley Aviation Society

http://www.valleyaviationsociety.net
Red Dragon

Postby starbuck on Wed 09 May 2018, 10:23 pm

It's a fantastic movie no doubt but after re-watching quite recently with my son who was seeing it for the first time I couldn't help feel that the shoot out is all wrong. At one end of the street you have Pacino and his gang firing at DeNiro et al and at the other end you have the rest of the LAPD also firing at DeNiro so half of those black and whites that get shot to pieces were probably victims of blue on blue misses!

It also made me smile that while the mother of all shoot outs is going on just around the corner everyone is going about their daily business at the supermarket seemingly oblivious.

Still a classic movie though and hard to believe it's 23 years old.
starbuck

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 10 May 2018, 4:53 am

starbuck wrote:I couldn't help feel that the shoot out is all wrong. At one end of the street you have Pacino and his gang firing at DeNiro et al and at the other end you have the rest of the LAPD also firing at DeNiro so half of those black and whites that get shot to pieces were probably victims of blue on blue misses!

There you go, that proves just how accurate it was. :lol:
And you can throw in random civis getting hit by stray rounds, which a lot of films & series tend to omit.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Aviation94 on Tue 15 May 2018, 6:10 pm

Bohemian Rhapsody Trailer is here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S9c5nnDd_s

What do we think?
Canon 650d, Sigma 70-300mm, Kenko 1.4 dgx mc4 tc

Youtube: http://ow.ly/zhAed
Aviation94

Postby maltwoser on Wed 16 May 2018, 7:42 am

It'll be awful.
maltwoser

Postby f4phixeruk on Wed 16 May 2018, 7:59 am

Love the comment - Don't go if you don't like people singing along to the movie. Then this was in the videos alongside the trailer :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZnBNuqqz5g&t=101s
If you eat high calorie foods with a Diet Coke, the drink cancels the calories out!
f4phixeruk

Postby pbeardmore on Thu 17 May 2018, 11:24 am

Saw "The Post" on Tues. Great perfomances and well directed but could not help thinking that the story had to be streched out a little to be made into a movie.

PS Silver Cinema at the Odeon - £3 inc large filter coffee and biscuits - (and a well behaved audience) - heaven

PS New MI: Fallout trailer - looks stunning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiHiW4N7-bo
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”
pbeardmore

Postby woodya10 on Tue 22 May 2018, 11:56 am

DEADPOOL 2 - In my opinion one of the best cinematic experiences of my life. So funny, so much action and oh so wrong. Brilliant
woodya10

Postby Tommy on Tue 22 May 2018, 2:34 pm

Yeah, Deadpool 2 was top. I thought it'd yawn a bit, and just not be as good as the first, but it was really done very well. I liked it very much. :up: :up:
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby toom317 on Fri 25 May 2018, 6:51 pm

Went and saw Solo today. Formulaic Star Wars stuff. Decent enough film, but I wouldn't put it anywhere near as good as Rogue One.
"Nice pics mate" comments only! No criticism please.

Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts.
toom317
UKAR Supporter

Postby Brevet Cable on Fri 25 May 2018, 8:42 pm

To be fair though, R-1 was formulaic too.....one of the times I watched it I found myself trying to recall which films/series had already done the same scenarios.

I will admit that having watched SW-TFA again last week it's actually starting to grow on me, despite Ridley's silly accent & the wimpiest Darth since Dark Helmet.

Digging through some DVDs I hadn't yet watched...

'The Accountant' - More quality acting from Ben Aflick.
Plenty of mindless gratuitous violence, although some will be upset by the laugh-out-loud moments which arise from the title character's autism, OCD & whatever else he's got.

'Assassin's Creed' - oh, boy, what an absolute stinker ! Fassbender's done some good films, but he's also done some garbage ones & this definitely falls into the latter category.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby pbeardmore on Mon 04 Jun 2018, 12:31 pm

pbeardmore

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic