The Angry Thread...

The Angry Thread...

Postby Mad Dan on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 2:59 pm

Am curious to know what sort of trivial and not-so-trivial thing really winds people up and what are pet hates.

Right now, I am thoroughly hacked off by misplaced apostrophes - but that pales into insignificance when compared with watching the local BBC news programme and having to listen night after night to Stewart White and Susie Fowler-What persistently open with either "Hello from Stewart and me" or "Hello from Susie and me". I continue to live in hope that they might one day get it right and open with either "Hello from me and Stewart" or "Hello from Susie and I..." I know that language is a living thing, but this is the BBC after all...they should be setting the standards.

And anything involving Bruce Forsyth drives me almost to distraction. Indeed, it has done ever since Sunday Night at the London Palladium...and how long ago was that. I really do wish someone would put him out of my misery...

So, come on, what really gets your goat?
I am not a loony... I used to be, but I think I am better now...
Mad Dan

Re: The Angry Thread...

Postby rdchawk on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 2:59 pm

Taxi drivers who seem to think indicating is not necessary
Known as Red 13,
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team
rdchawk

Postby Mad Dan on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 3:00 pm

Oh - and people who can't be arsed to use indicators when at a junction or going round a roundabout. I would like to break their fingers - slowly... One at a time...
Mad Dan

Postby Mad Dan on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 3:01 pm

We appear to be in accord!!! How cool is that?
Mad Dan

Postby rdchawk on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 3:31 pm

Rain on an airshow day!!
Known as Red 13,
rdchawk

Postby Maisie on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 3:46 pm

People who moan,
People going around the roundabout in the wrong lane,
People who can't park in a space and they park over the white line, or people who take up two spaces so no one parks next to them,
People with a serious lack of manners...
6D | 7D | 60D
11-16 f/2.8 | 24-105 IS L | 70-300 IS USM | 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8 | 400 f/5.6
Maisie

Postby Mad Dan on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 3:59 pm

Oh do shut up, Maisie... You do go on!!!

:whistle: :clown: :ghost: :mad: :wave:
Mad Dan

Postby Wissam24 on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 4:02 pm

Right now? My landlord (or strangers on his behalf) continually showing people round our house, moving them in and coming in and out without giving us any notice whatsoever, let alone 24 hours, despite us asking on several occasions that they do so.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby Mad Dan on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 4:09 pm

The irritating habit of newsreaders to introduce themselves. It's an irrelevance......as, indeed, is much of the often ill-informed speculation that surrounds major events. I wish they would stop that and just confine themselves to the facts - as they are known.

The Malaysian disappearance is a fine example. It has disappeared. We don't know where it is. We won't know why it has disappeared until it is found - and possibly not even then. I'm prepared to accept some information relating to the circumstances of the disappearance, but if the news limited itself to just the facts they could cover many more stories and we would probably all be a lot better informed. Mind you, that would probably need more news teams, so maybe it isn't such a good idea.
Mad Dan

Postby Mad Dan on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 4:12 pm

People with bushy eyebrows - like Denis Healey...

McDonalds - and their poxy adverts...

Soap operas - reality TV shows - Come Dancing - Come Skating - Come Diving - Come Sewing - Come Cake Baking - Come Water Divining - Come gather round people, wherever you roam............and admit that...

Oh bugger!
Last edited by Mad Dan on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mad Dan

Postby Mad Dan on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 4:16 pm

Gosh, I really am angry, aren't I?

Travel companies that bump up the cost massively during school holidays...just because they can.

Obscene bonuses paid to directors of companies that actually report losses - how can anyone justify that?

Graham Norton...

Vastly inflated rewards for kicking an air-filled bladder about a park.

Cabbage...
Mad Dan

Postby rdchawk on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 4:16 pm

Your on one today aren't you Dan?? :grin: :grin:
Known as Red 13,
rdchawk

Postby Mad Dan on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 4:18 pm

That's the problem - I need more than one!

Was heaving paving slabs around at the weekend and have sort of crocked my back something awful. As for the right knee, let's not go there...

Bagels, bugles, beagles....
Mad Dan

Postby neilos on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 4:19 pm

Maisie wrote:People who moan,

Ever considered the fact, the motorist might be new to the area and therefore not familiar with the roundabout?..
neilos

Postby Mad Dan on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 4:22 pm

Well, in that case, you should get in the middle lane and keep going round and round until you are sure...

Reminds me of the time an idiot actually stopped on a roundabout on the A406 and started consulting a map... It beggars belief...
Mad Dan

Postby rdchawk on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 4:23 pm

neilos wrote:

Ever considered the fact, the motorist might be new to the area and therefore not familiar with the roundabout?..

:up: Yep i've been in the same situation like that when I'm driving in an area i dont know
Known as Red 13,
rdchawk

Postby Mad Dan on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 4:24 pm

Well, in that case, you should get in the middle lane and keep going round and round until you are sure...

:whistle: :hide:
Mad Dan

Postby Mad Dan on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 4:27 pm

Cellophane wrapping and packaging that can only be opened with a shaped charge...

Oh - and Karaoke...
Mad Dan

Postby pbeardmore on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 5:07 pm

BBC News reporters who report live from a venue when there is absolutely no need: House of Commons, outside Number 10 etc etc
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”
pbeardmore

Postby tankbuster81 on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 5:15 pm

Lorraine Kelly, her bloody voice! Ant & Dec Talentless plums! Reality TV ,especially as it makes celebrities out of irritating nobodies!! Towie!!! Joey Essex, thicker than The White cliffs of Dover! One Direction,or as i call them One erection. Id love to be in a room with a sledgehammer and Harry Styles!!!! The One Show, George Bacon!-- give me strength with that pleb!! Ignorance,lack of manners, miserable people, oh and my Ex wife. Blimey Dan you've got me at it now!!!!!! :mad:
Don't bother running, you'll only die tired!!
tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Postby Wissam24 on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 5:33 pm

The Daily Mail
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby neilos on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 5:40 pm

Mad Dan wrote:Reminds me of the time an idiot actually stopped on a roundabout on the A406 and started consulting a map... It beggars belief...

hangar Lane by anychance?..... :hide:
neilos

Postby Mad Dan on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 6:16 pm

God, no - that would have been suicidal...

Robert Peston...Robert Peston...Robert Peston...
Mad Dan

Postby DanH on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 6:22 pm

There seems to be a plethora of incredibly annoying adverts doing the rounds on television at the moment. I think that being irritating should be an acceptable criteria for having an advert banned.

Also I hate when people clog up Facebook with a load of crap about herbalife diets and how many pounds of fat they've converted to muscle this month. P**s off!!! :mad:
Always seeking to lower the tone...
DanH

Postby Maisie on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 6:23 pm

neilos wrote:

Yeah loads thanks, but the hundreds of people in Telford who do it day in and day out I would imagine aren't new to the area.
6D | 7D | 60D
11-16 f/2.8 | 24-105 IS L | 70-300 IS USM | 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8 | 400 f/5.6
Maisie

Next

Return to Off Topic