The Angry Thread...

Re: The Angry Thread...

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 11 May 2017, 7:02 pm

toom317 wrote:I'm confused, when did all the foxes and badgers start riding bikes and driving cars in Edinburgh? :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

They're gangs, aren't they.......bet you've never heard of the Dead Rabbits, either...... :lol:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby starbuck on Thu 11 May 2017, 7:12 pm

I saw a load of Beavers washing some cars the other day, does that count?
starbuck

Postby DonaldGrump on Thu 11 May 2017, 11:02 pm

starbuck wrote:I saw a load of Beavers washing some cars the other day, does that count?

Sorry to say I have seen far too many beavers of the years. :heyhey:
DonaldGrump

Postby TKK 140 on Tue 16 May 2017, 8:39 pm

st24 wrote:
TKK 140 wrote:
Townies should stick to looking after the urban fox population they adore and not pontificate on country ways that they have very little understanding or knowledge of.

:grin: :lmao: "Ged orrrf moy laaarnd...." Pathetic.
As a country folk I'd rather pontificate on the way farmers continue to rape and pollute the land/water ways for incredible greed...

Little understanding, your proving that, most Farmers I know do not have incredible greed, they scratch a living. Some of the big farming companies turn a profit and in doing so provide most of the fresh traditional veg that you'll be buying in the Supermarkets. Unless you prefer to buy organic.

For the record I don't favour hunting with hounds. However foxes do need controlling where the need arises and it does from time to time.
TKK 140

Postby borismorris on Tue 16 May 2017, 10:30 pm

Funny that,

You don't often see farmers driving around Staffordshire, Shropshire or Mid Wales in clapped out Land Rovers..

They cry poverty yes..

As for rape of the land -I'm 100% behind that comment too.. all those inefficient turbines blighting the Cambrian Mountains..and who benefits the most? Yep. The landowners..

Theres no skint farmers in Mid Wales.
borismorris

Postby Wes_Howes on Wed 17 May 2017, 8:48 am

st24 wrote:

As a country folk I'd rather pontificate on the way farmers continue to rape and pollute the land/water ways for incredible greed...

Indeed, acres of fields filled with Rape Seed as this is far more profitable to them than growing vegetables, forcing us to import and the farmers ruining the soil with continuous reseeding of the same plants. (Source, I live in Shropshire and see it everywhere, year on year!)

borismorris wrote:Funny that,

You don't often see farmers driving around Staffordshire, Shropshire or Mid Wales in clapped out Land Rovers..

They cry poverty yes..

As for rape of the land -I'm 100% behind that comment too.. all those inefficient turbines blighting the Cambrian Mountains..and who benefits the most? Yep. The landowners..

Bang on
Wes_Howes

Postby Red Dragon on Wed 17 May 2017, 9:13 am

Wes_Howes wrote:
st24 wrote:

Indeed, acres of fields filled with Rape Seed as this is far more profitable to them than growing vegetables, forcing us to import and the farmers ruining the soil with continuous reseeding of the same plants. (Source, I live in Shropshire and see it everywhere, year on year!)

borismorris wrote:Funny that,

They cry poverty yes..

Bang on

I live on Anglesy so a very rural place and the "definition of impossible" around here is 'a skint farmer' they all have brand tractors new every year, new Audi/ Mercades etc and a New 4 X 4 every year. Yes the chavs/ immigrants might know how to milk the system, but farmers are just as bad with claiming X subsidy to be paid to leave a field/s fallow then buy the new cars etc put the daughter through university and still claim to be skint while getting pissed as farts every Friday/ Saturday night.

Pulls on tin hat now, ready for "you don't know the truth" :roll:
Committee Member, Valley Aviation Society

http://www.valleyaviationsociety.net
Red Dragon

Postby rdchawk on Wed 17 May 2017, 9:49 am

And how much do farmers also get for having Mobile Phone masts on their land??
Known as Red 13,
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team
rdchawk

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 17 May 2017, 10:13 am

Around my way, the rental they'll get paid for allowing the installation of a mast on commercial premises & farmland ranges from around £5k to £10k per year, depending on location, how desperate they are to improve their signal in the area & how long the lease is for ( 10 years is most common )
So all in all, a nice little earner.

Probably the same in other areas, but here in Wales there's also a growing number of farmers installing large solar arrays on their land....the latest monstrosity they're trying to get approval for is this : http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/enormous-solar-farm-big-170-12990375
345 acres !! :shock: ( or about the same area as 170 football pitches would take up )
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby rdchawk on Wed 17 May 2017, 10:29 am

Brevet Cable wrote:Around my way, the rental they'll get paid for allowing the installation of a mast on commercial premises & farmland ranges from around £5k to £10k per year, depending on location, how desperate they are to improve their signal in the area & how long the lease is for ( 10 years is most common )

Probably the same in other areas, but here in Wales there's also a growing number of farmers installing large solar arrays on their land....the latest monstrosity they're trying to get approval for is this : http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/enormous-solar-farm-big-170-12990375
345 acres !! :shock: ( or about the same area as 170 football pitches would take up )

Not just Wales mate - If you travel from Hertfordshire to Norfolk now you will pass loads of fields full of solar panels
Known as Red 13,
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team
rdchawk

Postby Red Dragon on Wed 17 May 2017, 10:48 am

Brevet Cable wrote:Around my way, the rental they'll get paid for allowing the installation of a mast on commercial premises & farmland ranges from around £5k to £10k per year, depending on location, how desperate they are to improve their signal in the area & how long the lease is for ( 10 years is most common )

A solar farm in Wales! Was this a April Fools day Joke?! :lol:
Committee Member, Valley Aviation Society

http://www.valleyaviationsociety.net
Red Dragon

Postby Ouragan on Fri 09 Jun 2017, 9:01 am

So, if farming is so lucrative and rich an occupation, why are so many people getting out of the industry? Why is depression and anxiety so prevalent among farmers? Why are suicide rates so high among farmers?

I think a lot of people here are confusing farmers with landowners. A lot of farmers are tenants for a start, so there is often a hell of a difference, and some of the comments here are downright insulting to a group of people who are among the hardest working out there, with incredibly long hours, more bureaucracy and accountability for their actions than many of us will ever know in our daily lives and the certainty of losing everything -and I mean everything- if it goes belly up.
Ouragan

Postby borismorris on Fri 09 Jun 2017, 6:27 pm

I stand by what I've already said.. There's no poor FARMERS in Mid Wales.
borismorris

Postby borismorris on Fri 09 Jun 2017, 8:47 pm

On a completely different subject..
Anyone seen the new album being advertised..

The anarchy arias?..

Punk classics performed by an orchestra and choir..

The irony..
borismorris

Postby Spiny Norman on Thu 07 Sep 2017, 10:44 am

This sort of stuff is a bit off. What does it matter where they buy their trousers?

I also don't like the use of the word "learners" instead of "pupils".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41181269
He's done another book. You're joking.
Spiny Norman

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 07 Sep 2017, 11:24 am

If you think that's bad.....we can go one better in Wales : http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/hundreds-children-put-detention-after-13582587
Hundreds of children were given detention for not having the correct uniform at an Aberystwyth school, say parents.

The parents of pupils at Ysgol Penglais have reacted in anger after they say 450 children were given detention during break time.

The school said they will be writing to parents to clarify their school uniform policy after “some confusion”.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Spiny Norman on Thu 07 Sep 2017, 11:46 am

Brevet Cable wrote:If you think that's bad.....we can go one better in Wales : http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/hundreds-children-put-detention-after-13582587
Hundreds of children were given detention for not having the correct uniform at an Aberystwyth school, say parents.

The parents of pupils at Ysgol Penglais have reacted in anger after they say 450 children were given detention during break time.

The school said they will be writing to parents to clarify their school uniform policy after “some confusion”.

Seems excessive. This isn't the 1950s.
He's done another book. You're joking.
Spiny Norman

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 07 Sep 2017, 11:50 am

All down to the failure of the school to make it clear what the uniform regulations were....compounded by the fact that they still haven't done so.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Pen Pusher on Thu 07 Sep 2017, 11:50 am

Could get them all to wear Gender Neutral uniforms.

A school which is making all new joiners wear trousers is bowing to "gender neutral nonsense", former pupil Piers Morgan says.

Priory School in Lewes said it made the change after concerns were raised over the length of skirts worn by pupils.

The East Sussex school also said the new uniform rules were catering for a handful of transgender pupils.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-41186674

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
DfG on Facebook
Pen Pusher

Postby AlexC on Thu 07 Sep 2017, 11:53 am

Spiny Norman wrote:I also don't like the use of the word "learners" instead of "pupils".

Never heard the word 'learners' used. Actually the word 'pupil' seems to be used rarely nowadays. They all seem to to be 'students' now, even those at primary school.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 07 Sep 2017, 12:02 pm

Along with the silliness of calling 6th Form ( or 'Year...' whatever it is for those doing A-Levels ) 'College'
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 07 Sep 2017, 12:49 pm

ITV News doing a feature on obesity.......what the heck sort of a word is 'upsell' !! :wall:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby CJS on Thu 07 Sep 2017, 2:09 pm

AlexC wrote:
Spiny Norman wrote:I also don't like the use of the word "learners" instead of "pupils".

Never heard the word 'learners' used. Actually the word 'pupil' seems to be used rarely nowadays. They all seem to to be 'students' now, even those at primary school.

Believe me, they're called all sorts of things in the staffroom. :wink:

To be fair, most of us at my school go for the outlandish and controversial 'children' when talking about, you know, children... :facepalm:

Brevet Cable wrote:All down to the failure of the school to make it clear what the uniform regulations were....compounded by the fact that they still haven't done so.

What's this, a school not communicating clearly with parents? I refuse to believe it...

:tumbleweed: :whistle:
"Forewarned is forearmed"
CJS

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 07 Sep 2017, 2:17 pm

Just been watching the news.....some scruffy kid on there starting his first day at school -- no tie, top button undone, an absolute shambles. They should ban him !! :biggrin:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby starbuck on Thu 07 Sep 2017, 4:59 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:Just been watching the news.....some scruffy kid on there starting his first day at school -- no tie, top button undone, an absolute shambles. They should ban him !! :biggrin:

Well what do you expect when the parents are living on handouts from the tax payer!
starbuck

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic