The Angry Thread...

Re: The Angry Thread...

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 07 Sep 2017, 6:16 pm

Ah, but his father was posh & tidy on his first day at school....even if he did look like a refugee from the 1930s :lol:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby AlexC on Fri 08 Sep 2017, 1:57 pm

CJS wrote:Believe me, they're called all sorts of things in the staffroom. :wink:

Just watched 'Educating Greater Manchester' on Channel 4. Whatever teachers are being paid, it's not enough! :worship: Seems to me that at least half the job is akin to being a social worker, at least going by that programme it is.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby pbeardmore on Fri 08 Sep 2017, 10:36 pm

Shoud be renamed "Crisis Management in Manchester" - one of the most depressing docs I have seen for a long time. God help us.
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”
pbeardmore

Postby ColeTheDemolisher on Fri 08 Sep 2017, 10:57 pm

Clouds... :mad: :hide:
Canon 750D & Canon 75-300

The Jacket kid

Sorry Goose, but its time to Buzz the tower...

Dudley, West Midlands
ColeTheDemolisher

Postby Spiny Norman on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 8:34 pm

starbuck wrote:
Brevet Cable wrote:Just been watching the news.....some scruffy kid on there starting his first day at school -- no tie, top button undone, an absolute shambles. They should ban him !! :biggrin:

Well what do you expect when the parents are living on handouts from the tax payer!

So are you saying they should be getting more so the child can go to school dressed more smartly in better clothes?
I want to see a flying Mosquito in the UK. I'm supporting The People's Mosquito.
http://www.peoplesmosquito.org.uk/
Spiny Norman

Postby Brevet Cable on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 9:03 pm

Errr....you do realise who it was we were on about ? :wink: :biggrin:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby AlexC on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 9:10 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:Errr....you do realise who it was we were on about ? :wink: :biggrin:

You know I don't believe he does. :confused:
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby Spiny Norman on Thu 14 Sep 2017, 11:36 am

AlexC wrote:
Brevet Cable wrote:Errr....you do realise who it was we were on about ? :wink: :biggrin:

You know I don't believe he does. :confused:

He doesn't. Do enlighten me.
I want to see a flying Mosquito in the UK. I'm supporting The People's Mosquito.
Spiny Norman

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 14 Sep 2017, 12:29 pm

:biggrin:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 14 Sep 2017, 6:57 pm

Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby cg_341 on Thu 14 Sep 2017, 6:58 pm

Not just any tank! An army tank...
cg_341

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 14 Sep 2017, 7:50 pm

They probably got the info from the MOD, which would explain why it's wrong :lol:

Do I qualify as a sad git for trying to work out what it is ? ( Looks to be either a Titan or Trojan....both based on the Challenger chassis, if I remember correctly )
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Spiny Norman on Thu 14 Sep 2017, 10:01 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:Image

:biggrin:

Sorry for being dense. I try to avoid having to watch the Royal PR campaign in action.

If we all dug a little deeper maybe we could get his dad, who I believe was an ex-RAF officer - how standards are falling - a tie too.
Spiny Norman

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 14 Sep 2017, 10:28 pm

As I posted previously, he looked like a refugee from the 1930s.....

:lol:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby pbeardmore on Tue 19 Sep 2017, 9:12 am

The media helping to raise the next generation of snowflakes....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-41307816
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”
pbeardmore

Postby Brevet Cable on Tue 19 Sep 2017, 2:23 pm

The standard darts have soft foam/rubber tips. Some of the after-market ones have hard rubber/plastic tips.
One of the companies who used to occupy a number of floors where I work thought it was thought it was cool and trendy to buy an assortment of nerf guns so that their staff could shoot them at each other ( don't ask ! :roll: )
All well and good until they bought some cheap after-market darts and the staff started pulling the foam tips off the original ones, which resulted in equipment being damaged & various staff members sporting bruises.

Whilst not as extreme, it's the equivalent of the old trick of replacing the rubber 'bullet' that Gats fired with ball bearings, or the more recent trick of using hard rubber balls in paint-ball guns.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby FarnboroJohn on Tue 19 Sep 2017, 5:55 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:Whilst not as extreme, it's the equivalent of the old trick of replacing the rubber 'bullet' that Gats fired with ball bearings, or the more recent trick of using hard rubber balls in paint-ball guns.

We used to play tag down the woods with Gats, chopped lengths of washing line made suitable cheap ammo. Didn't half sting on a bare limb!

John
FarnboroJohn

Postby starbuck on Thu 21 Sep 2017, 2:57 pm

Not sure who I am angry at, those on facebook or the FA for taking any notice of them. :wall:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ma ... r-41337127
starbuck

Postby Spiny Norman on Thu 21 Sep 2017, 4:57 pm

starbuck wrote:Not sure who I am angry at, those on facebook or the FA for taking any notice of them. :wall:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ma ... r-41337127

It's another case of not concentrating on real issues. There's one in Scotland of a guy who's being prosecuted for teaching his dog to do a Hitler salute.

While there are real Nazis creating merry hell...
Spiny Norman

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 21 Sep 2017, 7:25 pm

Part of the problem is that the law changed a couple of years ago and became ridiculous......these days it's not down to intent it's merely if someone takes offence even if they're unconnected to it.
Like the stupid instances of threats of legal action against morris-dancers for 'blacking up' ( despite it being a tradition going back centuries ) or the recent threats of legal action following the carnival parade in North Wales where one of the floats had a 'Cool Runnings' theme & the people manning it 'blacked-up' to represent Jamaicans.
( The British judiciary would be stuffed on the Continent at Christmas, given that Black Pete still accompanies Saint Nicholas )
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 19 Oct 2017, 12:45 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-41678937
Shakespeare contains gore and violence that might "upset" you, Cambridge University students have been warned.

The "trigger warnings" - red triangles with an exclamation mark - appeared on their English lecture timetables.

Lectures including Shakespeare's Titus Andronicus contain "discussion of sexual violence, sexual assault", the BBC's Newsnight programme has learned.
The university said the warnings were "at the lecturer's own discretion" and "not a faculty-wide policy".
The lecture timetables were issued to this term's students by the university's faculty of English.
"Any session containing material that could be deemed upsetting (and it is not obvious from the title) is now marked with a symbol," they say.

Among those considered "upsetting" is a lecture on "violence" - which includes a discussion of Shakespeare's Titus Andronicus and Sarah Kane's play Blasted.

Alongside the warning symbol, students are told to expect discussion of sexual violence and sexual assault.

Shakespeare's play includes mutilation, murder and violent rape with similar topics, plus torture and genocide covered in Kane's play.

:facepalm:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Brevet Cable on Fri 27 Oct 2017, 2:41 pm

Another big sporting event held in Cardiff, another occasion when transport proves to be third-world.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-41775998
Upwards of 70,000 for the boxing, Cardiff playing Millwall on the same day - both venues within a mile of each other - and as usual there'll be rail disruption & no late trains....and the ongoing road delays due to the work going on at the Brynglas Tunnels.
And as is also the norm for such events, large-scale road closures within Cardiff for most of the day.

Oh, and Saturday will be a good day for criminals in South Wales...because what with the boxing, the football & the usual Saturday night drunken students celebrating Halloween, 90% of South Wales Police will probably be deployed in Cardiff.
You're stuffed if you need an ambulance, though, because they'll probably all be in Cardiff too.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Brevet Cable on Mon 27 Nov 2017, 11:37 am

The BBC again, for yet again descending to farcical levels of sycophancy for what is essentially a non-story.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Berf on Mon 27 Nov 2017, 12:39 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:The BBC again, for yet again descending to farcical levels of sycophancy for what is essentially a non-story.

Scotland beating Australia I presume
Berf

Postby Brevet Cable on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 7:33 pm

Amazon !

Or am I the only one on here getting their stupid "We’re sorry to tell you that there may be a delay in delivering your order. Please allow an additional day or two for the parcel to arrive" E-Mails recently ?
Why stupid ? Because they frequently arrive after the delivery's been recieved ( on the day it was due ) or the delivery arrives within an hour or two of the E-Mail being sent.
Oh, and the pointless tracking system where the delivery's been recieved despite the tracking system saying it hasn't even arrived at the local delivery hub yet !

:wall:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic