The Angry Thread...

Re: The Angry Thread...

Postby vandal on Thu 16 Aug 2018, 9:19 am

cg_341 wrote:You really need some better friends if that's how your conversations go :whistle:

I'm still at that stage where people who see me cross the street. :grin:
vandal

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 16 Aug 2018, 2:15 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-45208306
A gang of men brandished a gun*, crossbow and machete at a dog breeder, telling him "we're coming for you, we're having your dogs", a court heard.

The incident happened a fortnight after two of the gang, armed with axes, clubs and wooden planks, attacked a group of friends in the street.

Several victims were rushed to hospital with serious injuries as a result.

( * actually a replica air pistol/BB gun )

Not because of what they did, but because of the pathetic sentences they've been given to two of them - less than 5 years for one & 7 years for the other ( the third is 'awaiting reports' )
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 22 Aug 2018, 2:57 pm

:wall: AOL :wall:
Suddenly decided today that every time I go to log on to any of my E-mail addresses I go through both a 'picture verification' & 'code verification' process before I can log-on.
Raising this issue with them, they then say that I need to provide photo ID & a copy of a utility bill to prove I'm the account-holder. :roll:

Anyone else having/had this fun?

Edited to add....
Just did a quick google & I find that others have been reporting the same problem over the course of the last week or so.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 23 Aug 2018, 8:53 am

Well, having told AOL what they could do with their requirement for me to provide proof of ID ( I was very good, I didn't swear :lol: ) I received an E-mail from them this morning apologising & admitting that there's a known issue with their system which is causing this but that they don't know how long it will take to resolve it.
Doing a further google search yesterday evening, I find that other people have been reporting the same fault over the course of the last year.....funnily enough, since not long after Talktalk/Oath took over AOL-UK's E-mail service.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Tmyers123 on Thu 30 Aug 2018, 7:03 pm

People saying F-18 instead of F/A-18. Or missing the hyphen in any aircraft designation. :sick: :grin:
Tmyers123

Postby cg_341 on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 7:08 am

Tmyers123 wrote:People saying F-18 instead of F/A-18. Or missing the hyphen in any aircraft designation. :sick: :grin:

Don't forget those "B-1B's"!
cg_341

Postby MiG_Eater on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 8:18 am

To be fair, many of those who work with them refer to Hornets simply as F-18s. Furthermore, some of them actually *are* F-18s as they have no attack capability, the Swiss for example.
MiG_Eater

Postby Tmyers123 on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 8:25 am

The Swiss have an air to ground capability now.
Tmyers123

Postby capercaillie on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 9:56 am

Tmyers123 wrote:People saying F-18 instead of F/A-18. Or missing the hyphen in any aircraft designation. :sick: :grin:

I'd suggest a holiday to Canada or Spain is out of the question for you or I fear you may self-combust. :roll:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
capercaillie

Postby Abbo46 on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 10:01 am

Oh dear. :roll:
Abbo46

Postby Tmyers123 on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 10:32 am

It’s a joke, hence the laughing smilie? didn’t think that was such a sensitive subject. :grin:
Tmyers123

Postby Abbo46 on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 10:36 am

Hadn't noticed, my apologies. :grin:
Abbo46

Postby skyhigh on Mon 17 Sep 2018, 8:46 pm

The list of what makes me annoyed/angry appears to be growing on a daily basis :smile:
I’m pleased that something is being done with respect to tailgating.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-45545525
skyhigh

Postby AlexC on Tue 18 Sep 2018, 3:03 pm

skyhigh wrote:The list of what makes me annoyed/angry appears to be growing on a daily basis :smile:

Really hope that something can be done about that. More often then not it's Range Rovers and the like that seem to pick on me.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby Paul_Reflex on Tue 18 Sep 2018, 3:08 pm

AlexC wrote:
skyhigh wrote:The list of what makes me annoyed/angry appears to be growing on a daily basis :smile:

Really hope that something can be done about that. More often then not it's Range Rovers and the like that seem to pick on me.

If they manage to find a policy which helps with this I'll get right behind it.
Paul_Reflex

Postby Brevet Cable on Tue 18 Sep 2018, 3:28 pm

Maybe the Police should set an example.....or is it only in Wales that they routinely tailgate other vehicles, and drive down the outside lane of dual carriageways/motorways when the inside lane's empty, or ignore traffic restrictions such as 'no right turn', or exceed the speed limit, or use their mobile phones whilst driving ? :whistle:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Brevet Cable on Fri 28 Sep 2018, 3:55 pm

BBC & Sky News, who've obviously decided there's nothing newsworthy happening anywhere other than some bloody Yank politico who has no relevance to the UK whatsoever. :roll:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Brevet Cable on Fri 28 Sep 2018, 6:55 pm

GMail/Google Mail.....
Several weeks ago they introduced a crap upgrade which lots of people hated the look of, but at least you could revert to the 'traditional' format.
Now they introduce yet another crap upgrade, which is the last crap upgrade( and which lots of people still hate ) but this time you can't revert to the 'traditional' format ( the closest you'll get is to select 'basic HTML view' )

Or am I the only one on here who hates the new format because of how crap it looks?
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby cg_341 on Fri 28 Sep 2018, 7:15 pm

I've been using it across my accounts for a while and quite prefer it. Looks nice with the latest Chrome update too.

Be interesting to see the user story that caused the change, but that'll never happen! :grin:
cg_341

Postby speedbird2639 on Fri 28 Sep 2018, 9:30 pm

Looks fine to me Brevet. All the software companies seem to be going for this 'flat' look as standard on their apps these days. Embrace the exciting new future, you old cumugin :lmao:
speedbird2639

Postby Mooshie1956 on Fri 28 Sep 2018, 10:22 pm

I have a couple of sites that don't like the new chrome.
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/mooshie1956/
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-400 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens
Mooshie1956

Postby jingernut on Wed 03 Oct 2018, 8:55 am

How is it possible that from only two complaints that an ad can be pulled?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45716845
jingernut

Postby cg_341 on Wed 03 Oct 2018, 8:58 am

I'm more concerned that "the UK Code of Broadcast Advertising (BCAP)...states that comparisons between foods must not discourage fruit and vegetables."
cg_341

Postby Spiny Norman on Mon 08 Oct 2018, 11:40 am

Brevet Cable wrote:GMail/Google Mail.....
Several weeks ago they introduced a crap upgrade which lots of people hated the look of, but at least you could revert to the 'traditional' format.
Now they introduce yet another crap upgrade, which is the last crap upgrade( and which lots of people still hate ) but this time you can't revert to the 'traditional' format ( the closest you'll get is to select 'basic HTML view' )

Or am I the only one on here who hates the new format because of how crap it looks?

It's not just you. Also takes ages to load.
I want to see a flying Mosquito in the UK. I'm supporting The People's Mosquito.
http://www.peoplesmosquito.org.uk/
Spiny Norman

Postby frank on Mon 08 Oct 2018, 8:21 pm

AlexC wrote:

That's because they don't care if they ram into you. You will probably either die or be maimed but they will just have a dented bumper. The law should be changed to reflect this abusive driving.
frank

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic