The UKAR Gaming Thread

Re: The UKAR Gaming Thread

Postby vandal on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 8:33 am

Our Son has been playing quite a bit of the Forza series of late and wants a PS4 from Santa.

Is it worth getting GT4, and if so, is there any point in getting Forza 7 for the X-Box?

Asking because I don't much go in for the driving games.

Thanks.
vandal

Postby DanH on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 12:56 pm

New footage from The Last of Us 2. It's very violent so be warned, but looks amazing.

Always seeking to lower the tone...
DanH

Postby Tommy on Thu 02 Nov 2017, 10:52 pm

Still not sure I managed to get over the anxiety and stress-levels of the first game. Masterful gaming/writing the last game. They've a bloody high bar to surpass.

Anyone watched the honest game trailer of the previous one?

Caveats of gaming violence & subtitle-breaches of Rule 5...

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby rdchawk on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 9:59 am

Don't think its been mentioned previously but - XBOX One has a Blue Angels Flight Sim out at start of December, Not expecting much, but for a tenner its not expensive.
Known as Red 13,
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team
rdchawk

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 10:09 am

Playing a fair bit of PES2018 online. Needs a couple of minor gameplay tweaks, which hopefully the next patch will address, but looks and plays better than any football game I can think of. The action's been slowed down so now the pace of the game is much more like the real sport. The online co-op mode is excellent too, or at least it would be if Dan Butcher realised what the "pass" button was for...
Dan O'Hagan

Postby Airwolfhound on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 1:12 pm

Currently filling some time with Call of Duty WWII. Not a total disaster of a game, quite liking it to be fair, but will be shelved once Santa drops Star Wars Battlefield 2 and Gran Turismo down my chimney :smile:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)
Airwolfhound

Postby jalfrezi on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 8:17 pm

Enjoying Mad Max at the moment, though I just bought Elite: Dangerous in the Steam sale, so I may be gone for some time.....
jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 8:21 pm

GT Sport picked up today for a Black Friday bargain price at Argos. :up:
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Postby Adie1980 on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 10:07 pm

LN Strike Eagle wrote:GT Sport picked up today for a Black Friday bargain price at Argos. :up:

£26.99 on amazon today!
Attending RIAT 2018, FIA 2018 & Bournemouth Air Festival 2018
Adie1980

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 11:26 pm

£18.99 at Argos, and it has since been lowered to £17.86 at ShopTo.
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Postby 138EAW on Sat 25 Nov 2017, 9:23 am

rdchawk wrote:Don't think its been mentioned previously but - XBOX One has a Blue Angels Flight Sim out at start of December, Not expecting much, but for a tenner its not expensive.

There's a Blue Angels game available a Android and Iphones https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... lues&hl=en

Also worth a look is the Marina Militare It Navy Sim https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... namilitare

Bought the PlayStation VR headset the other day, not had a change to use it much though :grin:
Gary

RAF Tornados left in service =39
GR4 =32, GR4A =1, GR4(T) =6

Fighter Control Administrator
138EAW

Postby Adie1980 on Sat 25 Nov 2017, 10:28 am

LN Strike Eagle wrote:£18.99 at Argos, and it has since been lowered to £17.86 at ShopTo.

Thank you so much for the tip off LN, Amazon order has now been cancelled and I've bought it through Argos click and collect for £8 less!! :clap:
Attending RIAT 2018, FIA 2018 & Bournemouth Air Festival 2018
Adie1980

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Sat 25 Nov 2017, 1:22 pm

You're welcome. ShopTo were the absolute cheapest place, but you'd have to wait for delivery from them.
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Postby Brevet Cable on Sat 25 Nov 2017, 1:35 pm

Adie1980 wrote:
LN Strike Eagle wrote:£18.99 at Argos, and it has since been lowered to £17.86 at ShopTo.

Thank you so much for the tip off LN, Amazon order has now been cancelled and I've bought it through Argos click and collect for £8 less!! :clap:

Amazon's 'sale' is anything but.
I got bored yesterday & looked up the current prices of stuff I've bought over the last few months.......some of you won't be surprised that the prices have gone up - in some cases by 20-25% - and that includes items which are supposedly discounted in the 'Black Friday' sale.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Sat 25 Nov 2017, 2:19 pm

You have to know what you're looking for and be smart about it, but the price Amazon were charging above was good value on the face of it - bear in mind it's a game that was released just over a month ago at a price of £50.

It's not quite so good when you know that they were as low as Argos at £18.99 for the best part of 24hrs, and that ShopTo had undercut them both, but they're all good savings on something so new.

See all these people ranting online about how Black Friday is a con etc. It's great, so long as you know what you're after, you know what the prices normally are and shop around to make sure you get the best deal. Price tracking sites are very useful.
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Postby Brevet Cable on Sun 26 Nov 2017, 11:34 am

Assuming it's the standard PS4 version you're discussing.......Amazon are now also doing it for £18:99 ( if you're an Amazon Prime member )

Edited to add.....
As for the game itself, there seem to be a majority of reviewers on Amazon who aren't fans of it for various reasons.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Sun 26 Nov 2017, 11:45 am

I was a beta tester and played the open demo. I'm aware of the limitations, but I enjoy the game. Also, a lot of the complaints (lack of cars, tracks and little offline content) are being patched in, starting this week, and all for free - not paid DLC or season passes here. :up:
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Postby Brevet Cable on Sun 26 Nov 2017, 12:24 pm

Don't think they do it for the PC ( or if they do, it's probably for Windows 10 :sick: ) so it doesn't matter to me.
Last driving games I bought were the original PC versions of EA's 'Need For Speed' & Atari's 'GT Legends', so that would be about 8-10 years ago. :shock:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Sun 03 Dec 2017, 9:15 pm

Wasted the weekend creating liveries with the in-game editor on GT Sport.

20171203164338 by Dan B, on Flickr

20171203164327 by Dan B, on Flickr

20171203210040 by Dan B, on Flickr

20171203210051 by Dan B, on Flickr
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Postby Brevet Cable on Sun 03 Dec 2017, 9:46 pm

being an aviation forum, I'm surprised this hasn't had a mention yet.....'Bomber Crew'
http://store.steampowered.com/app/537800/Bomber_Crew/

:biggrin:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Glosterbloke on Tue 05 Dec 2017, 4:03 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:being an aviation forum, I'm surprised this hasn't had a mention yet.....'Bomber Crew'
http://store.steampowered.com/app/537800/Bomber_Crew/

:biggrin:

Saw that on a couple of the Twitch guys I follow. Bit of a laugh but possibly too much clicking around for my vodka sodden reflexes. But more power to their elbow and I hope they are planning a similar game based on getting one's pals home after a pleasant evenings "debriefing".
Glosterbloke

Postby Wissam24 on Tue 05 Dec 2017, 4:10 pm

Looks quite entertaining!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby Brevet Cable on Tue 05 Dec 2017, 4:18 pm

It's silly, but addictive :biggrin:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby DanH on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 9:42 pm

New update coming to GTA online in a couple of days, including this aircraft which looks decidedly familiar.

https://m.facebook.com/rockstargames/ph ... &source=48
Always seeking to lower the tone...
DanH

Previous

Return to Off Topic