The UKAR Gaming Thread

Re: The UKAR Gaming Thread

Postby Tommy on Thu 28 Dec 2017, 11:57 am

Recently got Middle Earth: Shadow of War and Wolfenstein: New Order for Christmas and my birthday, and both are blooooody excellent, IMO. :rock:
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby Ryan. on Sat 13 Jan 2018, 3:23 pm

LN Strike Eagle wrote:Big patch out today for GT Sport that adds the first phase of the single player campaign, a new track layout and 12 new cars, amongst several other additions and adjustments.

Although free content is great, this really should have been part of the game a launch. Even then, it would have been pretty slim compared to its competitors.

We don't get a single GT track but we do get a slideshow for a watch manufacturer as well as a list of Bjork's album realises and dates of Stalin's election.

It's going in the right direction, but for me the game was released too early with too little substantial content.
Last edited by Ryan. on Sun 14 Jan 2018, 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan.

Postby G for George on Sun 14 Jan 2018, 8:55 am

I played 'Nazi Zombies' on COD WW2 for the first time last night since getting the game for Christmas. It's a bit of a chuckle for a while, but gets rather samey pretty quickly. Screamed like a child on one particular jumpy-outy bit :shock:
G for George

Postby Mooshie1956 on Thu 19 Apr 2018, 2:16 pm

Anyone getting God of War for the PS4 tomorrow?. Would be interested in a review of it as it looks gorgeous. I picked up Horizon Zero Dawn last month and I've sunk over 120 hours in it already and just starting a second play through looking for those elusive trophies.
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/mooshie1956/
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-400 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens
Mooshie1956

Postby Tommy on Thu 24 May 2018, 11:40 am

The Battlefield V reveal trailer is out. This made me pick up my wallet...

...And run several hundred miles in the other direction.

This looks absolutely terrible. And it's had a terrible reaction from fans, too, and I guess you can see why. Looks like Michael Bay directed it, robotic arms, katana-wielding terribly-accented British forces, random tribal paint, a nail-studded cricket bat, and, not to sound misogynistic, but how many one-armed bulletproof British rambo-style women really served on the frontline in what appears to be Normandy?

I'm all for going nuts in whatever scenario you want in a videogame, even set during/post WWII (see: Wolfenstein), but don't pretend to be a gritty "you'll never be the same after playing this" exposition of one of mankind's most horrific chapters when you're very clearly not.

Corr... Just look at that "like/dislike" ratio on the official account, too. Not even the fanboys can help it's reception. :hide:

I just don't understand how EA are ballsing all of their Triple-A releases atm. I think they've unlocked an achievement.
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby Agg on Thu 24 May 2018, 1:38 pm

Agreed, that looks awful, I watched a bit of the reveal last night and when they said "this is going to take place during the fall of Europe" I thought "well that sounds interesting, maybe we even get to play as ze Germans" - and then I saw this abomination of a trailer and lost all faith in it. I'm leaning more and more towards realistic-ish shooters these days, like Squad, and that's clearly not what they're going for with Battlefield V - and I know that's not what Battlefield is about, but they seem to stray further and further away from realism with every game.
Agg
UKAR Staff

Postby Wissam24 on Thu 24 May 2018, 4:39 pm

It looks so bad :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby F575 on Thu 24 May 2018, 7:46 pm

Have to admit, the preview trailer for Battlefield V is utterly awful - but hearing some of the details on the game it sounds a lot better than that makes it out to be.

However, it's probably not a patch on another game coming out called Post Scriptum - which is kind of what Agg alluded to with the mention of Squad. If you've not heard of Post Scriptum, it's basically the WW2 version of Squad, far more tactical than BF V will be. It looks and sounds amazing, and it's still a work in progress - so it's a little rough around the edges on certain things, but it's on the right track. There's preview weekends coming soon and the full release should be some in the Summer. Only available on Steam though I'm afraid!

That's some footage from a recent test - for a work in progress it looks superb! The planes are just automated bombing runs you can call in, but they look and sound pretty good - as do the tanks. Might be more what people are after rather than Battlefield?
F575

Postby Tommy on Wed 30 May 2018, 7:24 pm

Lookie what Bethesda just released!

New Fallout:

I expect it'll be of the "Elder Scrolls Online" type of thing, rather than another epic standalone game. Would be weird for them to release a fresh Fallout given Fallout 4 was released not long ago and they've done not released much else since *cough*waiting for Elder Scrolls*cough*. Expect more info at E3.
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby Mooshie1956 on Wed 30 May 2018, 8:23 pm

They should've used Olivia Newton John's recording for the trailer. By far the best version.
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-400 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens
Mooshie1956

Postby Go4Long on Sun 10 Jun 2018, 5:00 am

I was playing a lot of Dead by Daylight, then H1Z1 just came out as a free open beta. Been having some fun with that. 100 players enter a map that is progressively getting smaller, you run around trying to collect weapons and shoot each other...no plot line really, just a good time.
Go4Long

Postby vandal on Tue 12 Jun 2018, 12:18 am

vandal

Postby Mooshie1956 on Tue 12 Jun 2018, 11:48 am

Still no release date.
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-400 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens
Mooshie1956

Postby vandal on Tue 12 Jun 2018, 7:05 pm

More X-Box exclusives.

Meanwhile, over on PlayStation, disappointed there was no mention at E3 from Square Enix on the remake of Final Fantasy 7. :question:
vandal

Postby vandal on Tue 12 Jun 2018, 7:10 pm

Mooshie1956 wrote:Anyone getting God of War for the PS4 tomorrow?. Would be interested in a review of it as it looks gorgeous. I picked up Horizon Zero Dawn last month and I've sunk over 120 hours in it already and just starting a second play through looking for those elusive trophies.

Not played God of War, but have sunk around 150 or so hours into Horizon Zero Dawn. Currently playing the Frozen Wilds add on. :up:
vandal

Postby timuss on Tue 12 Jun 2018, 9:25 pm

Mooshie1956 wrote:Still no release date.

Looks incredible :shock:
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
PSN: timuss
timuss

Postby MTPhoto on Wed 13 Jun 2018, 7:29 am

Found this on the Xbox store for the new Forza Horizon 4

Michael
https://www.facebook.com/michaelturnerphoto
Nikon D700/D300s/V1
Nikon 17-55mm
Nikon 70-200mm VR
Sigma 150-600mm
MTPhoto

Postby Mooshie1956 on Wed 13 Jun 2018, 9:07 am

Another one from E3 online but I don't know if will be cross platform to play as it's coming for Xbox, PS4 and PC.

Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-400 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens
Mooshie1956

Postby Aviationcafe on Wed 13 Jun 2018, 10:27 am

MTPhoto wrote:Found this on the Xbox store for the new Forza Horizon 4

Now we know what one of the showcase events is going to be, Aston Martin Vulcan vs the Avro Vulcan...

One of the rare games I've pre-ordered, so will be able to play this on the 27th September!

Chances are though this is one of the showcases which will be towards the end!

Also for those who don't play it on the PC, War Thunder is coming to the Xbox (at long last) at somepoint soon.
Aviationcafe

Postby vandal on Wed 18 Jul 2018, 4:39 pm

Been playing a couple of slightly older games recently.

Hitman - Definitive Edition on PS4. Had the complete season 1 on PS4, but had to delete it as it was Square Enix, and then re-install the Definitive Edition which is by WB Games. :question:

Metal Gear Solid V - The Definitive Experience, on X-Box 1. Includes all DLC for GZ, TPP and Metal Gear Online - all for £9.99. :yahoo:

Played TPP waay more than GZ back in the day, to the extent that I actually got Quiet back after she left near the end of the game. Traded them both a while back, but they are such good games, can't go wrong for £9.99.
vandal

Postby Tmyers123 on Wed 15 Aug 2018, 11:17 am

Red Dead Redemption 2 gameplay was just released. It looks so much more open and diverse than RDR, can’t wait for it. And the graphics! :yahoo:
Tmyers123

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Wed 15 Aug 2018, 10:10 pm

Latest update to GT Sport's livery editor is a welcome addition. Made these and many more, available for download on my profile for any Jenson Button fans out there: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/profile/1144420/gallery/helmetLivery

"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Postby Wissam24 on Thu 16 Aug 2018, 11:52 am

I've been playing God of War and, wow, this game is just on another level. Every single line, detail, sound, background has been finely crafted to improve the game somewhat. I can't overrate this game at all, it's just spot on, the combat is satisfying, the new axe is a quality change. The way it plays with the Norse mythology is awesome, everything about it is exciting - all I can think about at work this week is going home and playing it.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 16 Aug 2018, 12:25 pm

LN Strike Eagle wrote:Latest update to GT Sport's livery editor is a welcome addition.

Why've you got an obscene Papa Smurf on there? :whistle: :wink: :lol:

( For those who don't get it, in typical Japanese style there's a 'censorship bar' strategically placed where his 'appendage' would be )
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Thu 16 Aug 2018, 5:01 pm

You have to ruin everything don't you? :lol:

"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic