The UKAR Gaming Thread

Re: The UKAR Gaming Thread

Postby DaveM on Wed 27 Jan 2016, 7:31 pm

I'm pretty ar$ed that SWBF is predominantly online as I've got little or no time for 13 year olds running around online and screwing everything up with hacks and cheats. It's £30+ of my money that EA won't be getting.

That said, I've just invested in AC Unity for a tenner and it looks a whole lot bigger and deeper than its predecessors, all I've got to do is convince my lowly GTX 660 Ti that it doesn't want to crash every first time I start ACU up after a PC boot. It works perfectly at 2nd time of asking but the errors give nothing away... :sleepy:
DaveM

Postby Private Custard on Wed 27 Jan 2016, 9:02 pm

Have you tried totally uninstalling your driver before re-installing the most current one? I always go for clean installs. Although to be fair, AC games have always had odd performance issues. Black Flag had dreadful slowdown when ship battles got some smoke effects floating around.
Private Custard

Postby Mooshie1956 on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 12:47 am

If you going to get the Fallout 4 DLC and have not bought the season pass yet, it's going up from £25 to £40 on 1st March 2016. Small content updates due March and April followed by a big one in May.
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/mooshie1956/
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-400 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens
Mooshie1956

Postby DanH on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 5:43 pm

I've now upgraded to PS4! Been spending most of the last couple of days having fun playing Star Wars Battlefront but also played a couple of hours of Watch Dogs and was most disappointed. :grin:
Always seeking to lower the tone...
DanH

Postby Tommy on Sat 07 May 2016, 6:49 am

Woah. Anyone seen the Battlefirld 1 trailer? Fresh direction, moving away from the endless "modern/slightly future" warfare, and instead covering WWI. Brave move. Looks pretty original and fresh.

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby Wissam24 on Sat 07 May 2016, 7:25 am

Presumably the American team only turns up right at the end of every match, but still claim full credit for the victory?
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby DanH on Sat 07 May 2016, 8:52 am

Tommy wrote:Woah. Anyone seen the Battlefirld 1 trailer? Fresh direction, moving away from the endless "modern/slightly future" warfare, and instead covering WWI. Brave move. Looks pretty original and fresh.

That looks incredible. :shock: I've never played any of the Battlefield games before but that may change soon.

Uncharted 4 is out on Tuesday. :biggrin:
DanH

Postby Wissam24 on Sat 07 May 2016, 9:57 am

I've been torn between Uncharted 4 and Stellaris - given how much time I've sunk into Paradox's other titles Stellaris won out. It's going to be a crammed week with writing, photo editing and gaming as it comes out on Monday!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby MRTT on Sun 08 May 2016, 8:34 am

Like the look of Battlefield One, prefer older warfare.

What's everyone's thoughts on GTA? I'm getting bored of the endless adversary modes now. :sleepy:
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey
MRTT

Postby KyleG on Sun 08 May 2016, 11:52 am

Gave up on GTA V ages ago, wish they never neglected the single player mode for updates. Main game right now is Kerbal Space Program :)
Canon EOS 50D/1100D
KyleG

Postby Agg on Mon 09 May 2016, 8:35 am

MRTT wrote:Like the look of Battlefield One, prefer older warfare.

Agreed, I'm so tired of the near future setting that I don't even know where to start... I want crappy firearms, clubs, and shovels not homing bullets and fancy gadgets ;)
Agg
UKAR Staff

Postby Wissam24 on Tue 10 May 2016, 9:36 am

Stellaris is everything I'd hoped it would be. The space battles are just awesome.
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby timuss on Tue 10 May 2016, 11:51 am

Uncharted 4 is here :cool: :yahoo: :rock:
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
PSN: timuss
timuss

Postby cg_341 on Tue 10 May 2016, 11:54 am

Wissam24 wrote:Stellaris is everything I'd hoped it would be. The space battles are just awesome.

It is a modernised version of Homeworld?
cg_341

Postby Wissam24 on Tue 10 May 2016, 12:36 pm

Hampshire Aviation wrote:
Wissam24 wrote:Stellaris is everything I'd hoped it would be. The space battles are just awesome.

It is a modernised version of Homeworld?

Very different. It's a grand strategy game.
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby Wissam24 on Sun 12 Jun 2016, 9:41 pm

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby DanH on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 5:44 am

:shock: :shock: :shock:
DanH

Postby timuss on Tue 14 Jun 2016, 9:03 pm

Battlefield 1 looks awesome :cool: :rock:
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
PSN: timuss
timuss

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Tue 14 Jun 2016, 9:06 pm

Pretty thin at E3 this year for me. PES 2017 the only game I'm anticipating.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Postby Wissam24 on Wed 15 Jun 2016, 9:05 am

timuss wrote:Battlefield 1 looks awesome :cool: :rock:

It does however I've been infuriated by their decision to leave both the French and Russians out of the main game and instead shove them into DLC packages. The two most highest suffering countries of the war and they don't get a look in, but the Americans who were barely in it get pride of place. Absolutely disgusting and hugely insulting to those countries.
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby cg_341 on Wed 15 Jun 2016, 9:20 am

What Battlefield 1 looks like is your typical EA console nonsense; fast-paced, run in all guns blazing and hit anything and everything to win.

It's certainly no successor to Battlefield 1942, and certainly not in the same league as those original games. A shame that DICE have bowed to the pressure of EA to make games like this; just think how good an updated 1942, or Bad Company 2, would be...
cg_341

Postby Wissam24 on Wed 15 Jun 2016, 9:26 am

BFBC2:V was one of my all time favourite shooters, brilliant game.
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby cg_341 on Wed 15 Jun 2016, 9:27 am

The PC servers are still going! In fact, looking at Steam, it's still my most played game... :cool:
cg_341

Postby Wissam24 on Wed 15 Jun 2016, 3:36 pm

I'd love to get back into it. But I have so many other games I never play right now!

I have very, very fond memories of Spiderman 2 on PS2, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this one is treated:

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby vandal on Wed 15 Jun 2016, 9:23 pm

Wissam24 wrote:BFBC2:V was one of my all time favourite shooters, brilliant game.

Never played the Vietnam incarnation, but did enjoy Battlefield - Bad Company and Bad Company 2. Made a refreshing change from the CoD's.

Is the Vietnam one worth getting?
vandal

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic