Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 06 Apr 2017, 8:13 pm

BMrider wrote:....all we getting so far is project fear

Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Re: Should we stay or should we go now?

Postby ericbee123 on Thu 06 Apr 2017, 8:26 pm

To be read with a Geordie Accent - "Day 8 in the Brexit house. No flights from/to the EU and a war threatened with Spain."

We contacted John Laurie from the BBC via a medium. His quote was "We are all doomed, DOOMED I tell thee"

Only 722 days left to disaster.
Disclaimer-I have spell/grammar checked this post, it may still contain mistakes that might cause offence.
ericbee123

Postby TKK 140 on Thu 06 Apr 2017, 8:29 pm

Aye, doomed, dooooomed I tell ye.
TKK 140

Postby TKK 140 on Thu 06 Apr 2017, 10:57 pm

MarkL wrote:
TKK 140 wrote:Great! Ryanair are a lousy, airline, always the last resort.

I've had 30+ flights with them with no issues. What's your experience to make you say that?

I am a regular flyer for work, across several routes and distances. Sometimes I have to use Ryanair.

Ryanair have belatedly decided not to treat thier customers like cargo. but not before a couple of nasty experinces with them. The rip offs and they way they tried it on stayed with me. They are a little better now as thinking customers voted with their feet.
However there is often a false economy in travelling with them, to get the cut price they are forced to use obscure airports at one end which in some cases cost more for an onward journey to the desired City. Take Frankfurt Hahn, nowhere near Frankfurt. Time is important too so parking up a long way from the terminal and the bus journey to the terminal is'nt my idea of a good start to a trip.

As for the selfish who openly ignore the hand luggage allowance (if it has'nt changed again in the last week) bringing on a wheeled suitcase briefcase etc, jamming them into the over head lockers, on one trip breaking my laptop. Cabin staff, not to be seen. Last trip my colleague with a small overnight bag was made to put it into the hold, later on, once boarded along comes the wheeled suitcase case brigade.

Coming back from Bergamo, that's Milan apparantly, another colleague, spoke to a couple of pilots cadging a flight back to the UK off duty. The conversation, turned to the pleasure of flying for a living, to our surprise they hated it, could'nt wait to move to another airline, why?

Might be OK for some, but I never fly Ryanair, by choice.
Last edited by TKK 140 on Fri 07 Apr 2017, 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
TKK 140

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Thu 06 Apr 2017, 11:30 pm

Time is important too so parking up a long way from the terminal and the bus journey to the terminal is'nt my idea of a good start to a trip.

Sorry, completely forgot that Ryanair build and operate the car parks and shuttle-buses at the airports they fly from.

Stansted's parking, for the record, is in most cases 5 minutes walk from the terminal.

Wheeled suitcases, provided they fit the airline's size guidelines are allowed in the cabin. Ryanair guarantee the first 90 on board, the remainder are carried free in the hold. I believe priority booking means you are automatically guaranteed to be one of the 90. I carry a laptop satchel and a soft canvas holdall, which takes up no space at all, as if the overhead bins are full it goes under the seat.

You really need to work on your arguments. Wafer-thin and based on tabloid myth and half-truth. They do your credibility no favours at all.

I suggest you mind what you say about how Ryanair work their pilots too. The airline has successfully sued people on forums (PPrune, I believe) who made insinuations about working practices and safety.
Dan O'Hagan

Postby Brevet Cable on Fri 07 Apr 2017, 12:10 am

Can't remember if it was PPRuNe themselves who were sued or some of the posters on there - possibly both - but they were definitely very meticulous about moderating posts on there afterwards.....the legal beagles for Ryanair were (are ?) known to be very litigious in that respect.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby TKK 140 on Fri 07 Apr 2017, 6:46 am

Dan O'Hagan wrote:
Time is important too so parking up a long way from the terminal and the bus journey to the terminal is'nt my idea of a good start to a trip.

Sorry, completely forgot that Ryanair build and operate the car parks and shuttle-buses at the airports they fly from.

Stansted's parking, for the record, is in most cases 5 minutes walk from the terminal.

Wheeled suitcases, provided they fit the airline's size guidelines are allowed in the cabin. Ryanair guarantee the first 90 on board, the remainder are carried free in the hold. I believe priority booking means you are automatically guaranteed to be one of the 90. I carry a laptop satchel and a soft canvas holdall, which takes up no space at all, as if the overhead bins are full it goes under the seat.

You really need to work on your arguments. Wafer-thin and based on tabloid myth and half-truth. They do your credibility no favours at all.

I suggest you mind what you say about how Ryanair work their pilots too. The airline has successfully sued people on forums (PPrune, I believe) who made insinuations about working practices and safety.

There's me thinking that Manchester Airport Group owned and operated Stansted and airport parking.
Nearly missed a couple of flights in the security chaos at Stansted when security was moved from one end of the airport to the other. No doubt some are happy enough to pay the £5 speedy security charge on top of the speedy boarding.

You may carry a small bag on to the plane many don't and they don't all get checked for size either. As an experienced international business flyer no doubt you have seen the individuals who can't find anywhere to put there bags because the overheads are all full. A tip, a little freebie, when flying regularly you know which airports have good baggage systems, meaning a short wait at the reclaim.
My travel experiences come from real, extensive travel and not tabloids.
TKK 140

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Fri 07 Apr 2017, 7:38 am

TKK 140 wrote:There's me thinking that Manchester Airport Group owned and operated Stansted and airport parking.
Nearly missed a couple of flights in the security chaos at Stansted when security was moved from one end of the airport to the other. No doubt some are happy enough to pay the £5 speedy security charge on top of the speedy boarding.

Again, what on Earth has any of that to do with Ryanair? :dizzy: :confused:
Dan O'Hagan

Postby speedbird2639 on Fri 07 Apr 2017, 8:11 am

Ryanair in front of the beak again - this time for refusing to pay compensation to a delayed passenger.

http://www.travelmole.com/news_feature. ... id=2026671

Not quoted in the link but reported in other accounts of the proceedings in Court Ryanair described how "the baby should be treated the same way as a set of golf clubs in the eyes of the law".
speedbird2639

Postby john001 on Fri 07 Apr 2017, 8:17 am

Surely Ryanair bashing is now way off topic....
john001

Postby TKK 140 on Fri 07 Apr 2017, 8:25 am

Dan O'Hagan wrote:
TKK 140 wrote:There's me thinking that Manchester Airport Group owned and operated Stansted and airport parking.

They run the car parks and buses from airports they fly from?
Your words not mine.
By the way if you have any concerns on safety which you mentioned earlier you should report them. I am quite satisfied that the airlines I fly with are all OK from a safety point of view. :pinkwafer:
TKK 140

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Fri 07 Apr 2017, 8:33 am

TKK 140 wrote:
Dan O'Hagan wrote:

They run the car parks and buses from airports they fly from?
Your words not mine.
By the way if you have any concerns on safety which you mentioned earlier you should report them. I am quite satisfied that the airlines I fly with are all OK from a safety point of view. :pinkwafer:

Christ, give me strength. I swear you just push random keys on your computer to type out these answers.

TKK 140 wrote:Coming back from Bergamo, that's Milan apparantly, another colleague, spoke to a couple of pilots cadging a flight back to the UK off duty. The conversation, turned to the pleasure of flying for a living, to our surprise they hated it, could'nt wait to move to another airline, why?
Dan O'Hagan

Postby TKK 140 on Fri 07 Apr 2017, 8:39 am

Anyone see the leave voter on Question time admonishing D. Abbot about her lies about leave voters. Fantastic and not before time. Other should take note.
TKK 140

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Fri 07 Apr 2017, 8:40 am

TKK 140 wrote:Anyone see the leave voter on Question time admonishing D. Abbot about her lies about leave voters. Fantastic and not before time. Other should take note.

I'd much rather dim Leave voters were more widely admonished for selfishly gambling away the country's future.
Dan O'Hagan

Postby parsley on Fri 07 Apr 2017, 9:44 am

BMrider wrote:
parsley wrote:
Hampshire Aviation wrote:
TKK 140 wrote:Great! Ryanair are a lousy, airline, always the last resort.

Why? Because as with everything you post, the media has conditioned you to think that?
BMrider wrote:Ryanair? No loss if they stopped flying from UK another carrier will step in and take their business.

No, they really wouldn't. Name a UK carrier with a spare 387 aircraft with a capacity of around 180 people.

It also appears to have gone completely over the heads of the people who are anti Ryanair that another carrier (including a UK based one) would also face the same potential problems that Ryanair are talking about - with the UK possibly not being part of the European bloc aviation agreement once we exit the EU all UK carriers would be affected....why do they think that Easyjet are expected to announce a new European head office base (with majority EU ownership - solved by Stelios changing his holding to be under the Cypriot part of his dual nationality ) this month so they can continue to operate on a EU AOC and continue to operate services between EU destinations..it has been reported the most likely outcome would be that their UK operation would become a subsidiary of the EU based company..possibly something similar could be done with BA under IAG

Its all subject to upcoming negotiations is it not? all we getting so far is project fear, it will get resolved, because we are about to be out of the EU and there's no return now!

It would appear however that companies such as Easyjet have decided they cannot realistically plan ahead on the basis of "lets see how it goes and hope for the best and that it'll all stay the same".I mean how realistic is it to expect that the European low cost carriers (or the EU itself) will happily accept a non EU carrier (EZY as it will be) operating what in essence are domestic legs between various European cities ?
parsley
UKAR Supporter

Postby TKK 140 on Fri 07 Apr 2017, 10:23 am

Dan O'Hagan wrote:
TKK 140 wrote:Anyone see the leave voter on Question time admonishing D. Abbot about her lies about leave voters. Fantastic and not before time. Other should take note.

I'd much rather dim Leave voters were more widely admonished for selfishly gambling away the country's future.

Ditto for some dim remainders like D. Abbott.
TKK 140

Postby ericbee123 on Fri 07 Apr 2017, 10:27 am

Easyjet opening up a European Centre for EU only flights is not a negative, it's the same as Lloyds opening up a centre in the EU. The UK is leaving the EU, so if you want an office in the EU, then you need to open an office inside the EU. It's not a negative, it's something that will have to happen as we are leaving the EU.

Same goes for Australian Embassy staff, if Australia wants an embassy in the EU, then it was logical for that to be based in London ( the Queen is Head of State of Australia, etc) . Now the UK is leaving the EU, the Australian embassy to the EU has to move to somewhere in the EU, Ireland is the next logical place to move it to, it's in the EU for a start ! Now, if Australia want an embassy for the UK, as the UK won't be in the EU, they will need to also KEEP the embassy in London. It's not a negative that the Australian embassy for the EU is moving to an EU country.

Also some UK domestic flights are operated by non-UK companies, they will face the same problems as Easyjet, I am guessing that Ryanair will need to also set up a UK 'subsidiary' as Easyjet are doing in the EU, if they want to keep domestic routes like Belfast to Manchester.

The UK is leaving the EU, some companies might have to open offices in the UK, some might have to open offices in the EU, some won't be affected, some might close down and move lock, stock and barrel ( either way from/to the UK/EU ).

I know the easy, painless way was to carry on regardless and remain, I know that, it's not the way we are going and nobody is talking about Brexitref2 -- it's not getting reversed and we are going, things will have to and will change as it would if we hadn't been in the EU and just voted to enter it, there would be companies ( and countries ) with UK and EU presences that they didn't need and would be closing one, these same companies will now need to open one somewhere as the UK and the EU are going to be separate entities. Like it or not.
Disclaimer-I have spell/grammar checked this post, it may still contain mistakes that might cause offence.
ericbee123

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Fri 07 Apr 2017, 12:03 pm

TKK 140 wrote:
Dan O'Hagan wrote:

*Remainers.
Dan O'Hagan

Postby TKK 140 on Fri 07 Apr 2017, 8:24 pm

As mentioned earlier on several occasions, business runs economy's not Governments.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/ ... ket-Merkel
TKK 140

Postby DonaldGrump on Fri 07 Apr 2017, 11:30 pm

Dan O'Hagan wrote:
TKK 140 wrote:
Dan O'Hagan wrote:

*Remainers.

Dan have you contacted the Guinness book of records?, given you have managed to maintain a quivering and protruding bottom lip every day since June23rd last year it must be getting close to a record.
DonaldGrump

Postby TKK 140 on Sat 08 Apr 2017, 3:43 am

Remainders? spell check automatically changes from remainers, but come to think of it the term has something about it, as remainers is a redundant term now since article 50 notice has been given, remainders is all that's left.

This article from the Guardian says it all.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/ ... britain-eu
TKK 140

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Sat 08 Apr 2017, 1:16 pm

From the official, verified Vote Leave account on Twitter:

By morons. For morons.

What has this country become?
Dan O'Hagan

Postby 138EAW on Sat 08 Apr 2017, 2:52 pm

Dan O'Hagan wrote:From the official, verified Vote Leave account on Twitter:

By morons. For morons.

Might want to check your facts there :facepalm: :whistle: that's from Leave.EU not the official party for the leave campaign which was Vote Leave
Gary

RAF Tornados left in service =21
GR4 =18, GR4(T) =3
138EAW

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Sat 08 Apr 2017, 5:30 pm

138EAW wrote:
Dan O'Hagan wrote:From the official, verified Vote Leave account on Twitter:

By morons. For morons.

Might want to check your facts there :facepalm: :whistle: that's from Leave.EU not the official party for the leave campaign which was Vote Leave

Does it matter? Still a verified Leave account.

Flypaper to the thickest, most poisonous elements of the lowest knuckledraggers in British society.
Dan O'Hagan

Postby 138EAW on Sat 08 Apr 2017, 5:34 pm

Going down the Diane Abbott route and branding everyone who don't agree with your views as uneducated or racist , bravo Dan.

I'm not condoning the language on the tweet but I bet a lot of people both Leave and Remain, Tory and Labour agree privately with the message
Gary

RAF Tornados left in service =21
GR4 =18, GR4(T) =3
138EAW

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic