President Trump

Re: President Trump

Postby Brevet Cable on Tue 23 Jan 2018, 11:47 am

Nope, 'cos I'm not a Saes :lol:

When it comes to the rebellious scum of the Thirteen Colonies, a fair few of the 'Founding Fathers' were of Welsh descent ( I think about a dozen were signatories of the Declaration of Independence )
Unfortunately, when it comes to others of Welsh descent you also have to include Clinton, Bush, Cheney & Obama
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby Finningley Boy on Tue 23 Jan 2018, 12:03 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:Nope, 'cos I'm not a Saes :lol:

When it comes to the rebellious scum of the Thirteen Colonies, a fair few of the 'Founding Fathers' were of Welsh descent ( I think about a dozen were signatories of the Declaration of Independence )
Unfortunately, when it comes to others of Welsh descent you also have to include Clinton, Bush, Cheney & Obama

That's interestin' isn't it by damn! :smile:

FB :biggrin:
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!
Finningley Boy

Postby Berf on Thu 25 Jan 2018, 7:53 pm

Trump and May latest:

The two leaders also discussed plans for a working visit to London in the coming months and affirmed the “special relationship” between the two countries is stronger than ever.

That'll be 30 mins on the runway at Stansted then.....

I guess we have a special relationship with most of the Commonwealth countries, the ambassador in Norway was talking about one there the other day, we are chummy with the French, we are even getting the wall carpet for a while (well it was made in Kent) so.... how special is this US relationship? IMHO it all rests on what they send to RIAT....
Berf

Postby Finningley Boy on Sat 27 Jan 2018, 4:50 am

If Brexit is any where near as economically catastrophic as people like Blair, Khan and Campbell would have us believe we're best advised not to openly express resentment against Trump just because he comes from the wrong side of the political track and doesn't speak PC nonsense. :cuppa:

At least Blair's got this one right! :hide:

Finningley Boy

Postby Burleysway on Tue 06 Feb 2018, 7:30 am

Donald Trump surges in polls boosting Republicans' mid-term hopes

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02 ... erm-hopes/
Burleysway

Postby Spiny Norman on Tue 06 Feb 2018, 11:03 am

Burleysway wrote:Donald Trump surges in polls boosting Republicans' mid-term hopes

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02 ... erm-hopes/

Well as another President of the USA said, "You can fool some of the people some of the time"!
I want to see a flying Mosquito in the UK. I'm supporting The People's Mosquito.
http://www.peoplesmosquito.org.uk/
Spiny Norman

Postby AlexC on Tue 06 Feb 2018, 4:51 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:Nope, 'cos I'm not a Saes :lol:

I've got a book of the Founding Fathers, but it doesn't give their ancestry, but going by Presidents the first twenty (from Washington to Garfield) it's English 13, Scots-Irish 3, Scots 2, Welsh 1, and Dutch 1.
Last edited by AlexC on Tue 06 Feb 2018, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby jalfrezi on Tue 06 Feb 2018, 4:52 pm

Finningley Boy wrote:If Brexit is any where near as economically catastrophic as people like Blair, Khan and Campbell would have us believe we're best advised not to openly express resentment against Trump just because he comes from the wrong side of the political track and doesn't speak PC nonsense. :cuppa:

He does however speak plenty of non-PC nonsense......
jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Postby Brevet Cable on Tue 06 Feb 2018, 5:26 pm

AlexC wrote:I've got a book of the Founding Fathers, but it doesn't give their ancestry, but going by Presidents the first twenty (from Washington to Garfield) it's English 13, Scots-Irish 3, Scots 2, Welsh 1, and Dutch 1.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/wales/entries/86fad734-9b13-39c8-9d4e-a7c6fba30fd5

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/american-presidents-links-wales-13813442
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby AlexC on Tue 06 Feb 2018, 5:45 pm

According to my book (that I purchased at The Capitol) the only one mentioned there that had Welsh ancestry was Thomas Jefferson. No idea who James Morrison Jnr was?
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby Finningley Boy on Wed 07 Feb 2018, 8:25 am

jalfrezi wrote:
Finningley Boy wrote:If Brexit is any where near as economically catastrophic as people like Blair, Khan and Campbell would have us believe we're best advised not to openly express resentment against Trump just because he comes from the wrong side of the political track and doesn't speak PC nonsense. :cuppa:

He does however speak plenty of non-PC nonsense......

Indeed, I won't argue with that, but none of his nonsense is getting past the Supreme Court, anything silly, which he is uber prone to admittedly, comes bouncing back at him, such as banning muslims from going to America! He's not going to build a wall between the US and Mexico either and if he tried to get such a project agreed he'll be getting no Mexicans to pay for such a useless edifice. :cuppa:

Finningley Boy

Postby Tommy on Sat 17 Feb 2018, 8:34 am

The "leader of the free world", ladies and gentleman, giving a thumbs up and smiles all around at *another* US school shooting, during a presidency in which he is loosening gun control.

Still though, I'm sure #ThoughtsAndPrayers are working an absolute dream.

Satire is dead, reality is too extreme.

" :up: "
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby CJS on Sat 17 Feb 2018, 9:37 am

There must be literally no-one around him with any sense of morality who is able to get through his dumb ass orange idiocy to the pea-brain that must (for biological reasons) be lurking somewhere within.

Still think that the scariest thing is that people voted for him.
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
CJS

Postby Burleysway on Fri 09 Mar 2018, 8:25 am

The plot thickens.............

Trump and North Korea's Kim Jong-un to hold 'milestone' meeting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43339901
Burleysway

Postby Pen Pusher on Fri 09 Mar 2018, 9:26 am

A bit of graffiti spotted in London :biggrin:

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
DfG on Facebook
Pen Pusher

Postby Beefy on Fri 09 Mar 2018, 9:30 am

Finningley Boy wrote: He's not going to build a wall between the US and Mexico either and if he tried to get such a project agreed he'll be getting no Mexicans to pay for such a useless edifice. :cuppa:

Yeah, I think you maybe you want to check on that fact. Much of the wall is already built and the project was started under the Obama administration... :whistle:
Beefy

Postby cg_341 on Fri 09 Mar 2018, 11:31 am

"Much" of the wall? Less than 30% of the entire US-Mexico border has a physical wall, some other bits of the border have a 'virtual wall' of sensors.

The physical barriers that do exist are generally 10ft concrete or metal barriers with some barbed wire and cameras on the top. Trump clear stated he wanted to build a "much larger and fortified wall" across the entire span (~2000mi) of border.

I think it is safe to say that it has not happened yet, and will not happen in the future.
cg_341

Postby CJS on Fri 09 Mar 2018, 2:37 pm

Oh phew, he's going to meet the crazed despot himself apparently, so that's that all sorted out. Because neither of them are likely to say anything to make the situation worse of course...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43345209
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
CJS

Postby starbuck on Fri 09 Mar 2018, 4:42 pm

Whilst everybody except the most ardent of Trumpers will know that it is the crippling sanctions on North Korea and the twisting of the arm behind the back by China that have brought this meeting about, you've got to admit that Trump will do something that is almost unheard of in these modern social media times that we live in - a keyboard warrior troll actually agreeing to meet face to face with the object of his online vitriol and ridicule.

Working within the diplomatic channels for this administration must be exhausting, especially in the far east section at the moment. The amount of work that must have gone into this unprecedented meeting must have been enormous and just as they think they are getting somewhere over N.Korea he goes and declares a trade war with China, the key ally he needs for the N.Korean talks!
starbuck

Postby Brevet Cable on Fri 09 Mar 2018, 5:10 pm

starbuck wrote:you've got to admit that Trump will do something that is almost unheard of in these modern social media times that we live in - a keyboard warrior troll actually agreeing to meet face to face with the object of his online vitriol and ridicule.

Wi Phat Wun's hardly likely to rip the dead rabbit off Trump's head & forcibly insert it into one of Trump's orifices, is he ( as entertaining as that would be to watch ) nor are they likely to indulge in a Minions-style bitch-slapping session.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby iainpeden on Mon 12 Mar 2018, 5:26 pm

Anybody else find it strange that Comrade Trump hasn't condemned the Salisbury incident?
iainpeden

Postby Spiny Norman on Tue 13 Mar 2018, 8:03 am

iainpeden wrote:Anybody else find it strange that Comrade Trump hasn't condemned the Salisbury incident?

Strange that isn't it. I wonder why?
I want to see a flying Mosquito in the UK. I'm supporting The People's Mosquito.
http://www.peoplesmosquito.org.uk/
Spiny Norman

Postby Berf on Tue 13 Mar 2018, 10:06 am

Brevet Cable wrote:
starbuck wrote:you've got to admit that Trump will do something that is almost unheard of in these modern social media times that we live in - a keyboard warrior troll actually agreeing to meet face to face with the object of his online vitriol and ridicule.

Wi Phat Wun's hardly likely to rip the dead rabbit off Trump's head & forcibly insert it into one of Trump's orifices, is he ( as entertaining as that would be to watch ) nor are they likely to indulge in a Minions-style bitch-slapping session.

I thought that was Stormy's thing...
Berf

Postby FarnboroJohn on Tue 13 Mar 2018, 1:05 pm

iainpeden wrote:Anybody else find it strange that Comrade Trump hasn't condemned the Salisbury incident?

So Rex Tillerson supports Britain's view and is immediately sacked. Coincidence? Hard to believe it is......

John
FarnboroJohn

Postby Brevet Cable on Tue 13 Mar 2018, 1:42 pm

Some of you have been stocking up on this, I see....

Bunch of

Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic