President Trump

Re: President Trump

Postby iainpeden on Sun 19 Mar 2017, 10:13 am

toom317 wrote:With reference to the previously mentioned Goodwins law and Hitler, every time I see Trump, he reminds me of Mussolini.

Who, according to a biography recently published about his mistess(who ended up being machine gunned alongside him), was also known (probably by himself!) as the "Great Ejaculator!"

Don't tell Donald. :lol:
iainpeden

Postby john001 on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 9:56 pm

One of the his key election promises - throwing out 'Obamacare' ...fails already..
john001

Postby Spiny Norman on Sat 25 Mar 2017, 7:36 am

john001 wrote:One of the his key election promises - throwing out 'Obamacare' ...fails already..

Been some reaction from Democrats.

I want to see a flying Mosquito in the UK. I'm supporting The People's Mosquito.
http://www.peoplesmosquito.org.uk/
Spiny Norman

Postby john001 on Sat 25 Mar 2017, 7:37 am

On Obamacare repeal:

Speaking afterward in the Oval Office, Trump blamed Democrats for the failure of a bill to repeal the signature achievement of Barack Obama. “If [Democrats] got together with us, and got us a real healthcare bill, I’d be totally OK with that.

Must have been a surprise for him....
john001

Postby boff180 on Sat 25 Mar 2017, 9:27 am

It's ironic that he blames the Democrats, when the reason he lost was that a number of Republicans rebelled. :grin:

Worryingly though, around half of them rebelled as they didn't think the act was severe enough! :dizzy:
boff180
UKAR Staff

Postby AndyXH558 on Sat 25 Mar 2017, 12:10 pm

one of my friends in the states has just contacted me asking how cheap it is to live in the uk. His health bill went from $200 last month to wait for it.. $1600 this week.. There is no way he can live over there any more.. funny thing is he was a trump supporter, was in the USAF as a B-52 pilot in Linebacker 2, and now feels so betrayed by him.

should have listened to people..
AndyXH558

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Sat 25 Mar 2017, 12:16 pm

Trump is a danger to us all. The product of an electorate dumbed down by reality television, soundbites and xenophobia. He is Brexit on an even more dangerous scale.

There is no way on Earth he will see out his term. Impeachment, or something rather more nefarious will see to that.
Dan O'Hagan

Postby maltwoser on Sat 25 Mar 2017, 12:23 pm

Why has that happened? Is it his age, or other circumstances that have changed? The Affordable Care Act is still extant.

Not that I've got any sympathy for Trump supporters. You can make a case for voters in the EU referendum not being presented with all the facts, but not so with the US election.

Worryingly though, around half of them rebelled as they didn't think the act was severe enough!

An important point that beggars belief!

When it comes down to it, 'it's the economy stupid!'. Trumpcare would have devastated most of the country.
maltwoser

Postby john001 on Sun 02 Apr 2017, 8:45 pm

Meanwhile, putting Brexit aside as we search for the elusive mushroom cloud on the other side of the pond- here we go again...

Trump’s deputy national security adviser, KT McFarland, told the FT there was a “real possibility” North Korea could be capable of hitting the US with a nuclear-armed missile by the end of Trump’s first term.
john001

Postby TKK 140 on Wed 05 Apr 2017, 9:22 pm

Latest from Donald.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04 ... sad-syria/

What a mess the middle east is, all down to Blair and GWB.
TKK 140

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 06 Apr 2017, 6:18 am

Well, he's just being taken in by the lies & dodgy videos being created by people whose only interest is to get Western Countries to side with them in their rebellion / civil war.
Not really his fault, as yet again supposedly far more intelligent people are also falling for the con, just as they did in the Balkans, Libya, Iraq, etc.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby DerekF on Thu 06 Apr 2017, 6:24 am

TKK 140 wrote:Latest from Donald.

I think you'll find the trouble in the Middle East has been going on rather longer than that. About 3000 years longer.
DerekF

Postby TKK 140 on Thu 06 Apr 2017, 7:30 pm

DerekF wrote:
TKK 140 wrote:Latest from Donald.

I think you'll find the trouble in the Middle East has been going on rather longer than that. About 3000 years longer.

Good point, but unless Blair and GWB are time travellers or reincarnated they have an awful lot to answer for in recent times.
TKK 140

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 06 Apr 2017, 7:45 pm

DerekF wrote:I think you'll find the trouble in the Middle East has been going on rather longer than that. About 3000 years longer.

Ah, but most of that down to the followers of one religion in particular acting like drunken denizens of the Gorbals by attempting to give anyone who stood still long enough a good kicking until people got fed up & kicked them out.
Don't think they can be blamed for most of the more recent religious fratricide in the region ( although tinfoil-hatters may claim differently )
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Brevet Cable on Fri 07 Apr 2017, 1:47 am

It took a couple of months, but the idiot has finally decided to start his very own war :
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39523654
The US has carried out a missile attack against targets in Syria in response to a suspected chemical weapons attack on a rebel-held town.

A Pentagon official said about 50 Tomahawk cruise missiles were fired from Navy destroyers in the eastern Mediterranean at a Syrian air base.

It came after US President Donald Trump warned that "something should happen" against the Syrian leadership.

Edited to add.....
From CNN :
US strike was against Shayrat airbase, which may be where Syrian warplanes that dropped chemical bombs flew from, defense official tells CNN

Shayrat -- aren't the Russians there as well ?
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Brevet Cable on Fri 07 Apr 2017, 3:58 am

Trump's statement :
"My fellow Americans,

On Tuesday, Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad launched a horrible chemical weapons attack on innocent civilians.
Using a deadly nerve agent, Assad choked out the lives of helpless men, women and children.
It was a slow and brutal death for so many. Even beautiful babies were cruelly murdered in this very barbaric attack.
No child of God should ever suffer such horror.

Tonight I ordered a targeted military strike on the airfield in Syria from where the chemical attack was launched.
It is in this vital national security interest of the United States to prevent and deter the spread and use of deadly chemical weapons.

There can be no dispute that Syria used banned chemical weapons, violated its obligations under the Chemical Weapons Convention and ignored the urging of the UN Security Council.
Years of previous attempts at changing Assad's behaviour have all failed and failed very dramatically.
As a result, the refugee crisis continues to deepen and the region continues to destabilise, threatening the United States and its allies.

Tonight I call on all civilised nations to join us in seeking to end the slaughter and bloodshed in Syria, and also to end terrorism of all kinds and all types.
We ask for God's wisdom as we face the challenge of our very troubled world.
We pray for the lives of the wounded and for the souls of those who have passed.
And we hope that as long as America stands for justice, then peace and harmony will, in the end, prevail.

Goodnight. And God bless America and the entire world.

Thank you."

Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Burleysway on Fri 07 Apr 2017, 6:01 am

Telegraphs reporting - The UK, Israel and Australia were among the countries backing Mr Trump's move as an "appropriate" and "just" response.
Burleysway

Postby boff180 on Fri 07 Apr 2017, 6:40 am

Trump the hypocrite strikes again...

Trump took action against Syria last night without Congressional approval.

Yet he said this on the matter in 2013....

boff180
UKAR Staff

Postby john001 on Fri 07 Apr 2017, 6:58 am

Aah but he meant President Obama must get approval....

not a later President Trump.
john001

Postby RAF4EVER on Fri 07 Apr 2017, 7:22 am

Who made the USA the worlds policeman? What gives them the right to lay the law down?
RAF4EVER

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Fri 07 Apr 2017, 8:30 am

A deeply dangerous situation. Risking crossing swords with the Russians, who have a similarly deranged madman in charge, is a recipe for world war.

Trump has still been in the job for less than 100 days, and already he's playing with his military toy box. This isn't an episode of The Apprentice, you thick orange muppet.
Dan O'Hagan

Postby john001 on Fri 07 Apr 2017, 8:37 am

Dan O'Hagan wrote:A deeply dangerous situation. Risking crossing swords with the Russians, who have a similarly deranged madman in charge, is a recipe for world war.

Trump has still been in the job for less than 100 days, and already he's playing with his military toy box. This isn't an episode of The Apprentice, you thick orange muppet.

I would expect that the Russians knew full well about the planned strike.
john001

Postby DonaldGrump on Fri 07 Apr 2017, 9:40 am

Dan O'Hagan wrote:A deeply dangerous situation. Risking crossing swords with the Russians, who have a similarly deranged madman in charge, is a recipe for world war.

I assume being a journalist? you have seen the pictures of those people choking to death?

He is absolutely right to take that airfield out.

World war 3, dont be such a drama queen.
DonaldGrump

Postby parsley on Fri 07 Apr 2017, 11:37 am

DonaldGrump wrote:

I assume being a journalist? you have seen the pictures of those people choking to death?

He is absolutely right to take that airfield out.

World war 3, dont be such a drama queen.

It does seem however that Putin is not the kind of person who would shrug it off and say "good on you fella"

AP are reporting the following from the Russian Defence Ministry -

Russian defence ministry spokesman Maj Gen Igor Konashenkov said that a “complex of measures” to strengthen Syrian air defences will be done shortly to help “protect the most sensitive Syrian infrastructure facilities.”

Konashenkov said “the combat efficiency of the U.S. strike was very low,” adding that only 23 of the 59 Tomahawk cruise missiles reached the Shayrat air base in the province of Homs.

He said it destroyed six MiG-23 fighter jets of the Syrian air force which were under repairs, but didn’t damage other Syrian warplanes at the base.
parsley
UKAR Supporter

Postby Brevet Cable on Fri 07 Apr 2017, 11:52 am

DonaldGrump wrote:you have seen the pictures of those people choking to death?

Don't be too quick to believe any of the video footage & 'eye-witness reports' coming out of Syria.
You'd have thought the so-called intelligence services & politicians would have learnt that by now, given how many times they've been conned in the past......unless, of course, it suits their agenda to 'believe' the 'evidence'.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic