President Trump

Re: President Trump

Postby Berf on Wed 03 Jan 2018, 4:50 pm

Clearly it is all down to President Trump:

'Since taking office I have been very strict on Commercial Aviation. Good news - it was just reported that there were Zero deaths in 2017, the best and safest year on record!'
Berf

Postby The Baron on Wed 03 Jan 2018, 5:04 pm

Berf wrote:Clearly it is all down to President Trump:

'Since taking office I have been very strict on Commercial Aviation. Good news - it was just reported that there were Zero deaths in 2017, the best and safest year on record!'

Thank the lord! Donald truly is our saviour!
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.
The Baron

Postby reheat module on Wed 03 Jan 2018, 5:32 pm

"Go TrumpET" !
Canon systems
reheat module

Postby boff180 on Wed 03 Jan 2018, 5:44 pm

Berf wrote:Clearly it is all down to President Trump:

His statement is technically wrong.... there were 0 deaths on Commercial Jet Airliners but 44 fatalities in "Commercial Aviation".
boff180
UKAR Staff

Postby Wrexham Mackem on Wed 03 Jan 2018, 5:54 pm

Good grief. How on earth did they fall for it.? I do hope somebody corrects him. It does seem that nothing he 'announces' or claims credit for is effectively challenged though.
its time to kick the tyres and light the fires

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151934326@N08/albums
Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 03 Jan 2018, 6:48 pm

Statistics can be made to say anything.
What he said is accurate as far as the report he references is concerned : http://to70.com/to70s-civil-aviation-safety-review-2017/

However....
Accident data is derived from publicly-available databases, aviation authority websites and official sources such as ICAO’s ADREP database.
Our analysis documents accidents to passenger flights commercial air transport operations in aeroplanes with a maximum take-off mass of 5700 kg or above.
This excludes a number of small commuter aeroplanes in service around the world, including the Cessna Caravan (maximum take-off mass 3629 kg).
Certain relevant exceptions may be included regarding smaller turbo-prop aeroplanes just below this mass limit (e.g., the De Havilland Twin Otter with a maximum take-off mass of 5670 kg).
Accidents to military flights, training flights, private flights, cargo operations and helicopters are excluded.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby Airwolfhound on Thu 04 Jan 2018, 12:45 pm

I'd love to know what policies he has introduced in his very short time in office to date which proves that these statistics relate to such policies :ninja:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)
Airwolfhound

Postby speedbird2639 on Thu 11 Jan 2018, 11:34 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42651544

Claims to be selling 'Call Of Duty' (he probably pronounces it 'doody') F-52 jets to Norway.
speedbird2639

Postby borismorris on Thu 11 Jan 2018, 11:43 pm

speedbird2639 wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42651544

Claims to be selling 'Call Of Duty' (he probably pronounces it 'doody') F-52 jets to Norway.

And we though George Dublya was a goon!! :rofl:
borismorris

Postby Georgeconna on Fri 12 Jan 2018, 9:09 am

Simple Error, FS if he does anything these days its big news for the Leftys... :sleepy:
Cheers

George

2017 shows
Yeovilton via Webcast from My Armchair.
Foynes and Bray for my sins.
Thats me done for 2017
Georgeconna

Postby capercaillie on Fri 12 Jan 2018, 9:13 am

Georgeconna wrote:Simple Error

True, funny though. At least he hasn't sold any to any "Kris Kris Tofferson!" countries, and that's more important. :up:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
capercaillie

Postby boff180 on Fri 12 Jan 2018, 9:20 am

Georgeconna wrote:Simple Error, FS if he does anything these days its big news for the Leftys... :sleepy:

It wasn't like he mixed up F-52 for F-35, he said F-35 and F-52.

That's not a mix up, it's either deliberate entry on the part of the speech writer (genius if it was) or he is going nuts.
boff180
UKAR Staff

Postby capercaillie on Fri 12 Jan 2018, 9:27 am

No, he just didn't read it properly, he should have said 52 F-35s. Easy mistake, but made funnier by the existence of this F-52 on the game.
"The surrogate voice of st24"
capercaillie

Postby speedbird2639 on Fri 12 Jan 2018, 9:57 am

He seems to be even more ranty than usual - last night just after I posted the link to that story he had a rant about why immigrants keep coming to the USA and this morning they are reporting he is refusing to come to the UK to 'cut the ribbon' at the new USA embassy in London as he objects to the Obama administration selling the prime site of the old one and then spending $1.5bn on the new on. This time he may be edging towards the full melt down that everyone has been predicting since he took office.

Its all on the BBC News if you want to have a look.
speedbird2639

Postby toom317 on Fri 12 Jan 2018, 12:24 pm

Another case of not engaging brain before opening mouth. It was George W who made the decision to move the embassy.
"Nice pics mate" comments only! No criticism please.

Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts.
toom317
UKAR Supporter

Postby pbeardmore on Fri 12 Jan 2018, 12:24 pm

I think this is the way he will go. He clearly has mental issues and issues relating to him being criticised. He takes them very personally and can't help reply directly. He has the thinnist skin of any politician. At the same time, any sort of respect he earned from simply being the President has gone in the eyes of many in the media and the will provoke him more and more just to get a reaction. Part of me feels a little sorry for him. He is child like: lacking the most basic skills. Completely lost.

IMHO, I dont think he has the mental resilience to last the full term. Something will give. It may come in a physical effect caused by mental issues.
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”
pbeardmore

Postby Unknown74 on Fri 12 Jan 2018, 6:18 pm

Quite glad he's not coming to be honest, but disappointed that we won't have Air Force One or any of those awesome looking Aircraft in the U.K.
Unknown74

Postby Reds Rolling on Fri 12 Jan 2018, 6:23 pm

It's probably because in business he's used to everyone calling him great and fawning all over him.

Now he's on the world stage an open to criticism, he doesn't seem to be able to take-it, at all!

He's an impressionists wet dream though. So much material!
Reds Rolling

Postby lambo17841 on Fri 12 Jan 2018, 9:29 pm

Have a trip booked for Davos,hope that idiot arriving does not make security a nightmare.With a bit of luck his recent comments about certain countries might make him realise he might not be welcome there either.If I remember when AF 1 arrives all movements have to stop for a certain time,will be interesting if Zurich go along with that considering how busy it is with airliners let alone the comings and goings for Davos.

John in Seaford
lambo17841

Postby AFKAMC on Fri 12 Jan 2018, 11:39 pm

Georgeconna wrote:if he does anything these days its big news for the Leftys... :sleepy:

I'm not sure you have to be particularly left-leaning to be dismayed by anything Trump does/says/tweets...

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Oprah ends up as POTUS one day, because on current evidence, they will give the job to absolutely, and I do mean absolutely, anyone.

borismorris wrote:And we though George Dublya was a goon!! :rofl:

Some of use remember the Reagan years, when Ronnie was widely considered to be an idiot. Then Dubya came along, and suddenly Reagan didn't seem so bad after all. Now Trump's here, Dubya seems like a statesman.

The scary thing is, one day they're bound to elect someone who makes Trump look good.
AFKAMC

Postby Brevet Cable on Sat 13 Jan 2018, 12:02 am

Maybe his best buddy Kermit Farage has been briefing him.

Can't speak for South America, but from my - admittedly ancient - experience of African & NAME Countries, as far as I'm concerned he's got it nailed.
That said, his phrase could apply to quite a few places in the UK & Europe as well & historically I've heard it used to describe areas of CONUS too.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby AFKAMC on Sat 13 Jan 2018, 12:17 am

Brevet Cable wrote:Maybe his best buddy Kermit Farage has been briefing him.

Can't speak for South America, but from my - admittedly ancient - experience of African & NAME Countries, as far as I'm concerned he's got it nailed.
That said, his phrase could apply to quite a few places in the UK & Europe as well & historically I've heard it used to describe areas of CONUS too.

Didn't Trump also bemoan the fact that America doesn't get any immigrants from countries like Norway?

As one of my kids pointed out, if you lived in Norway, why would you want to move to the U.S.A.?
AFKAMC

Postby Spiny Norman on Sat 13 Jan 2018, 8:56 am

He's a loudmouth narcissistic balloon. His election to the the White House reminds me of King Ralph. Completely out of his depth.

The way investigations are going I don't think he'll be around for too much longer. He'll run away before being impeached I reckon.
He's done another book. You're joking.
Spiny Norman

Postby Paul_Reflex on Sat 13 Jan 2018, 9:43 am

President Trump has had a massive positive effect on my life.

Before he was elected president I was consuming vast amounts of news from around the world and it was having a nasty, corrosive effect on my wellbeing. It's not just Trump of course, I'd also add Brexit, Syria and Yemen to the list. I was reading all of this distressing material, but with no way for me to have a positive effect on events I felt disempowered and hopeless. Trump was the final straw.

Now I focus my attention entirely on the people immediately around me where I can make a positive change and also make sure I'm having a positive impact on my community through my work. It feels liberating.

So thank you Donald, you've changed my life!
Paul_Reflex

Postby Tommy on Sat 13 Jan 2018, 11:19 am

Paul_Reflex wrote:Now I focus my attention entirely on the people immediately around me where I can make a positive change and also make sure I'm having a positive impact on my community through my work. It feels liberating.

So thank you Donald, you've changed my life!

That's really lovely - But that sounds like that's all you, not anyone else, and you should give yourself a that praise, not Drumpf.
Tommy
UKAR Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic