Brevet Cable

Re: President Trump

Postby aviodromefriend on Sun 18 Mar 2018, 10:20 pm

A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program
aviodromefriend

Postby Spiny Norman on Wed 11 Apr 2018, 11:48 am

He's clearly not fit for office. It'd be laughable if he wasn't in charge of a major military power.

It's like Harris tweeting on 16 May 1943 "You better be ready for some bouncing bombs, Herman!"
Spiny Norman

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 11 Apr 2018, 12:34 pm

As I posted elsewhere, he's an archetypal sociopath.
To make it worse, he's surrounded himself with like-minded sociopaths such as Nikki Haley, who appear to be pushing for all-out war regardless of the credibility of the 'evidence'
Unofficial forum brauer und winzer
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby verreli on Wed 11 Apr 2018, 1:01 pm

Spiny Norman wrote:It's like Harris tweeting on 16 May 1943 "You better be ready for some bouncing bombs, Herman!"

I wonder. Maybe their response would be - ' ho, ho, ho, bombs don't bounce...' unless they had credible intelligence to the contrary.

As for Trump, his tactics are certainly new, unique and lack diplomacy but it would be wrong to dismiss them just because you don't understand them. History will be the ultimate arbiter. As was written in the first paragraph of the second post in this thread, Trump is mealy the spokesperson for the US political machine and nothing will happen without the consensus of the state.
verreli

Postby MiG_Eater on Wed 11 Apr 2018, 1:06 pm

Remember what everyone was saying a few weeks ago about Trump's undemocratic behaviour towards North Korea?

Seems that is panning out rather well.
MiG_Eater

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 11 Apr 2018, 1:12 pm

Because he veers from one extreme to the other, sometimes within minutes, as evidenced by today's twitterfest.
As for the NORKs, that's more down to China than America.
Brevet Cable

Postby Berf on Wed 11 Apr 2018, 2:04 pm

Please note that 10 April 1027UTC EASA issued a ‘ Rapid Alert Notification for Eastern Mediterranean / Nicosia FIR area’ stating that:

Due to the possible launch of air strikes into Syria with air-to-ground and / or cruise missiles within the next 72 hours, and the possibility of intermittent disruption of radio navigation equipment, due consideration needs to be taken when planning flight operations in the Eastern Mediterranean / Nicosia FIR area. ’

Aircraft operators are invited to check any relevant NOTAMs

NMOC Brussels

One reason why you don't just launch missiles these days....
Berf

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 11 Apr 2018, 9:06 pm

The day after tomorrow is Friday 13th. :ninja: :whistle:
Brevet Cable

Postby verreli on Wed 11 Apr 2018, 9:31 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:The day after tomorrow is Friday 13th. :ninja: :whistle:

The date wasn't great if you were a Knight Templar.
verreli

Postby Beefy on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 11:02 am

Brevet Cable wrote:Because he veers from one extreme to the other, sometimes within minutes, as evidenced by today's twitterfest.

South Korea, actually.

MiG_Eater wrote:Remember what everyone was saying a few weeks ago about Trump's undemocratic behaviour towards North Korea?

"North Korea possible talks" are in no way a result of Trump's posturing and idiotic threats of the past few months... :wall:
Beefy

Postby AlexC on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 11:31 am

If anyone would like to see some Knights Templar (or at least their effigies) visit the Temple Church in London.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby Tommy on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 11:47 am

AlexC wrote:If anyone would like to see some Knights Templar (or at least their effigies) visit the Temple Church in London.

Thread drift, apologies, but speaking of the place, I've actually attended a service in, and had a tour of, Temple Church. It's such an amazing, ethereal place, and well worth a visit.

I used to spend a lot of time there a couple of years ago when I was on a barrister's training course. I was a member of Middle Temple just next door and was required to drink and dine there frequently as part of our training. Imagine, as a wide-eyed 21 year old otherwise living in a mouldy cellar-flat with a terrible landlord and living off a principle diet of baked beans: "you mean... I have to eat several course dinners and drink great wine as a component of qualification... for free? Winner!"

Such needless pomp and ceremony, I know. I'm glad I don't have to do that crap anymore, but being able to take part in Temple Church services and see that place was a really fantastic opportunity.

Most annoyingly, the place was always bloody closed off for filming more often than not, if it wasn't period dramas one minute, it was Mission Impossible the next!
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby MiG_Eater on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 12:19 pm

Beefy wrote:
Brevet Cable wrote:Because he veers from one extreme to the other, sometimes within minutes, as evidenced by today's twitterfest.

South Korea, actually.

MiG_Eater wrote:Remember what everyone was saying a few weeks ago about Trump's undemocratic behaviour towards North Korea?

"North Korea possible talks" are in no way a result of Trump's posturing and idiotic threats of the past few months... :wall:

You can call his posturing idiotic, but at worst it did no harm - at best it helped get them to the table.
MiG_Eater

Postby CJS on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 6:43 pm

MiG_Eater wrote:
You can call his posturing idiotic, but at worst it did no harm - at best it helped get them to the table.

Where he can then do some real damage. I'd want to keep Mr PUSA Sir Yes Sir as far away from that table as possible.

Maybe send this instead, might be safer

"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
CJS

Postby Brevet Cable on Fri 13 Apr 2018, 3:21 pm

Having watched her speech to the UN today, I have to correct myself with regards to Nikki Haley.
She's most definitely not a sociopath....she's a full-on class A psychopath !
Brevet Cable

Postby pbeardmore on Fri 13 Apr 2018, 4:06 pm

“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”
pbeardmore

Postby verreli on Fri 13 Apr 2018, 4:35 pm

pbeardmore wrote:https://abcn.ws/2HuQ64J

So the knives are still out and they're angling for position. I wonder what the end game is? If they succeed in impeaching him, surely it would only lead to a more credible Republican candidate and I note that Paul Ryan is positioning himself to be that man. The Democrats must think Trump has a good chance in 2020 or their loathing is blinding them to the bigger game.

This period of politics is fascinating and I'm sure it'll be studied in years to come as being pivotal.

As for Syria, I'm no conspiracy theorist but we've had months of anti-Russian rhetoric in the MSM. Then there was the Scripal chemical assassination attempt which he miraculously survived despite being hit with one of the most lethal agents known to man. Then we had a chemical attack in Syria... Now, on the eve of Assad winning there's talk of stirring things up.

Fascinating. :snack: I think you need to be a member of the magic circle to see all the misdirection that's going on.
verreli

Postby Brevet Cable on Sat 14 Apr 2018, 2:03 am

Stupid people !!
:wall:
Brevet Cable

Postby T_J on Sat 14 Apr 2018, 4:59 am

verreli wrote:
Then there was the Scripal chemical assassination attempt which he miraculously survived despite being hit with one of the most lethal agents known to man.

Think about degrading of the nerve agent over time. Under cover of darkness nerve agent smeared on door handle of Skripal's house. Skripal's leave house in daylight some hours later. Still winter so was Sergei Skripal wearing gloves or perhaps driving gloves when he touched the door handle? Degraded nerve agent in contact with skin when he removes gloves. Cross contamination to daughter either linking arms or holding hands. Degraded nerve agent takes effect. Prompt medical aid and excellent health care does the rest. Also remember Detective Sergeant Nick Bailey also survived cross contamination with the nerve agent.
T_J

Postby verreli on Sat 14 Apr 2018, 7:35 am

T_J wrote:Think about degrading of the nerve agent over time. Under cover of darkness nerve agent smeared on door handle of Skripal's house. Skripal's leave house in daylight some hours later. Still winter so was Sergei Skripal wearing gloves or perhaps driving gloves when he touched the door handle? Degraded nerve agent in contact with skin when he removes gloves. Cross contamination to daughter either linking arms or holding hands. Degraded nerve agent takes effect. Prompt medical aid and excellent health care does the rest. Also remember Detective Sergeant Nick Bailey also survived cross contamination with the nerve agent.

I know nothing about this subject other than a quick online search. I see Novichoks are organic compounds so it's possible for them to degrade but they are reputed to be eight times more toxic than VX. Some of the agent must be active for him to show symptoms and once it's bound to the enzymes only something like Atropine and Hagedorn oxime administered quickly can arrest the effects. It must have been many minutes before he received professional medical help and then, would they have administered the correct drugs right away? Also, if you were developing a weapon to be applied in this way, would you not encase the active agent in a binder to prevent degradation? Why use this method at all when the source can be traced and other methods of assassination are more effective? I don't know what dose is considered lethal but to put it on a door handle introduces far too many variables. There are still too many open questions to make this a clear cut case.

A bit off-topic in this Trump thread but interesting non the less. I see the bombs have now been sent to Syria to teach them a jolly good lesson. Shame about the collateral damage.
verreli

Postby T_J on Sat 14 Apr 2018, 9:45 pm

verreli wrote:
T_J wrote:Think about degrading of the nerve agent over time. Under cover of darkness nerve agent smeared on door handle of Skripal's house. Skripal's leave house in daylight some hours later. Still winter so was Sergei Skripal wearing gloves or perhaps driving gloves when he touched the door handle? Degraded nerve agent in contact with skin when he removes gloves. Cross contamination to daughter either linking arms or holding hands. Degraded nerve agent takes effect. Prompt medical aid and excellent health care does the rest. Also remember Detective Sergeant Nick Bailey also survived cross contamination with the nerve agent.

I know nothing about this subject other than a quick online search. I see Novichoks are organic compounds so it's possible for them to degrade but they are reputed to be eight times more toxic than VX. Some of the agent must be active for him to show symptoms and once it's bound to the enzymes only something like Atropine and Hagedorn oxime administered quickly can arrest the effects. It must have been many minutes before he received professional medical help and then, would they have administered the correct drugs right away? Also, if you were developing a weapon to be applied in this way, would you not encase the active agent in a binder to prevent degradation? Why use this method at all when the source can be traced and other methods of assassination are more effective? I don't know what dose is considered lethal but to put it on a door handle introduces far too many variables. There are still too many open questions to make this a clear cut case.

A bit off-topic in this Trump thread but interesting non the less. I see the bombs have now been sent to Syria to teach them a jolly good lesson. Shame about the collateral damage.

Ah, but did the Russians believe that Novichoks could be detected? Also was the mix of the likely two agents used to form the Novichok done correctly? Incorrect mix and degrading likely saved the Skripals and Bailey. The Skripal were likely fairly quickly administered Atropine due to the symptoms they were showing. See following article.

http://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analy ... n-the-spot
T_J

Postby verreli on Sun 15 Apr 2018, 4:33 am

T_J wrote:Ah, but did the Russians believe that Novichoks could be detected? Also was the mix of the likely two agents used to form the Novichok done correctly? Incorrect mix and degrading likely saved the Skripals and Bailey. The Skripal were likely fairly quickly administered Atropine due to the symptoms they were showing. See following article.

http://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analy ... n-the-spot

A well written article. Thanks for posting.

A couple of other things to throw in the pot. Yes the Russians will know it could be detected. They along with any other serious military power will have the skills, knowledgebase and facilities and know all about PD in the UK. I note now that an independent Swiss state Spiez lab suggests that the nerve agent may be BZ which is a western nerve agent. While not verified or guaranteed, their findings have been sent to OPCW.

Also in reference to my point on Syria, I see Major General Jonathan Shaw, UK former director SF and ACDS with responsibilities including Chemical Biological Radiological & Nuclear Policy is openly questioning the chemical weapon tactics of Assad. Again, it simply does not make sense to kill a few kids with chemical weapons when you've already won the war. This is a tactic of desperation, last resort or ... misdirection by the rebels.

I think this story has some way to run. I do hope the actions of our government are proved correct and they haven't been played like a cheap fiddle.
verreli

Postby iainpeden on Wed 18 Apr 2018, 8:43 pm

If peace talks between North and South Korea are successful, should Trump be in line for the Nobel peace prize?
iainpeden

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic