New Doctor?

New Doctor?

Postby CJS on Tue 31 Jan 2017, 3:43 pm

Come on then, with Peter Capaldi stepping down, who would you like to see as the next Doctor Who?
"Forewarned is forearmed"
CJS

Re: New Doctor?

Postby ericbee123 on Tue 31 Jan 2017, 3:48 pm

Meera Syal.
Disclaimer-I have spell/grammar checked this post, it may still contain mistakes that might cause offence.
ericbee123

Postby iainpeden on Tue 31 Jan 2017, 3:57 pm

Trump - he seems to be taking everything back to the 1930s.
iainpeden

Postby DrBenR on Tue 31 Jan 2017, 6:20 pm

I want to see Rowan Atkinson back in the role. :lol: He was great in the Comic Relief version and could play it less comical as he proved in Maigret.

Ben R
DrBenR

Postby Brevet Cable on Tue 31 Jan 2017, 6:29 pm

Maisie Williams....or Alex Kingston :biggrin:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby ted633 on Tue 31 Jan 2017, 6:46 pm

I personally thinks the odds of it being a woman are high, since they have proven the sex can change on regeneration with the Master and the current rise of 'equal opportunities' etc. I would prefer it if it wasn't as the Doctor has always been a male character to me and would just be odd if it wasn't. I'm sure they can find a way to bring back Romana / Susan if they wanted a female timelord involved. (Cue accusations of sexism, bigot etc... :clown: )
2017 - Fly Navy, Military Pageant, Legends, RIAT, BHFoF, Dunsfold

http://www.flickr.com/photos/134836614@N02/albums
ted633

Postby Thumper on Tue 31 Jan 2017, 7:11 pm

I'm female and I don't want a female Dr Who. Then again I was absolutely horrified when they rebooted Ghostbusters with the characters being all women!

I agree that Rowan Atkinson would be excellent but for me I'd really quite like James Nesbitt, I think he's a fantastic and versatile actor and I can just see him in that role.
Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Postby toom317 on Tue 31 Jan 2017, 7:28 pm

No stamina these doctors. I seem to remember them lasting years in the past, but this new lot since it was rehashed, only seem to last a couple of seasons.
"Nice pics mate" comments only! No criticism please.

Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts.
toom317
UKAR Supporter

Postby Unknown74 on Tue 31 Jan 2017, 7:44 pm

Alexander the Meerkat from the Compare the Meerkat and Sergei would be ideal for his assistant. Although Rowan Atkinson would be an ideal choice, saw a little bit of his Comic Relief sketch that time.
Unknown74

Postby 138EAW on Tue 31 Jan 2017, 7:45 pm

Wasn't there a big debate after Peter Capaldi became the 12th Doctor. As it's been stated in various episodes, Timelords can only regenerate 12 times? I haven't watched the last couple of series so they might have already explained or changed the maximum regen thing :grin:
Gary
Formerly known as tomcatforever
138EAW

Postby ted633 on Tue 31 Jan 2017, 8:15 pm

138EAW wrote:Wasn't there a big debate after Peter Capaldi became the 12th Doctor. As it's been stated in various episodes, Timelords can only regenerate 12 times? I haven't watched the last couple of series so they might have already explained or changed the maximum regen thing :grin:

They sorted that in the 50th special. Unlimited regenerations now. Matt Smith was the last of his original regenerations (The War Doctor and Tennant's failed regeneration made up the 12)
2017 - Fly Navy, Military Pageant, Legends, RIAT, BHFoF, Dunsfold

http://www.flickr.com/photos/134836614@N02/albums
ted633

Postby iainpeden on Wed 01 Feb 2017, 2:31 pm

ted633 wrote:
138EAW wrote:Wasn't there a big debate after Peter Capaldi became the 12th Doctor. As it's been stated in various episodes, Timelords can only regenerate 12 times? I haven't watched the last couple of series so they might have already explained or changed the maximum regen thing :grin:

They sorted that in the 50th special. Unlimited regenerations now. Matt Smith was the last of his original regenerations (The War Doctor and Tennant's failed regeneration made up the 12)

Sorry to upset the applecart but it's only a story so they can do what they want (but please don't tell Father Christmas because he still believes!)
iainpeden

Postby pbeardmore on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 9:54 am

“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”
pbeardmore

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 12:12 pm

If you want someone akin to the earlier Drs ( Hartnell, Troughton & Pertwee ), there can only be one candidate.......Ian McShane. :biggrin:
Unfortunately, I doubt he's in the running.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby aceyone on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 12:21 pm

Benedict Cumberbatch
take only photos,leave only footprints
aceyone

Postby CJS on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 12:41 pm

aceyone wrote:Benedict Cumberbatch

14 posts before anyone suggested Mr Cucumberpatch. I think he's great as Sherlock. For some reason I'm not so sure as DW :dunno:
CJS

Postby DerekF on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 12:59 pm

aceyone wrote:Benedict Cumberbatch

God no!

Sherlock is the most self-indulgent nonsense the BBC have produced in years.

How about another (and better) Sherlock like Jonny Lee Miller?
DerekF

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 1:04 pm

Rupert Grint.
Would fit in with the running 'ginger' joke they've had since moffat took over.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby CJS on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 2:41 pm

That's actually a really good shout - he'd be great I reckon.

Meera Syal was a good idea too.

And dare I mention Olivia 'I'm in everything on TV' Coleman? But she would make a good doctor, wouldn't she?
CJS

Postby DonaldGrump on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 2:44 pm

Roger Federer......though He would probably be the best James Bond ever too.
DonaldGrump

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 2:58 pm

CJS wrote:And dare I mention Olivia 'I'm in everything on TV' Coleman? But she would make a good doctor, wouldn't she?

Funnily enough, she's one of the - if not the - favourites with some bookmakers.
Given a choice, can we have Michelle Ryan instead...after all, they've got precedence for a Time Lord regenerating as a previous character -- when Lalla Ward replaced Mary Tamm as Romana, having previously played Astra.
( And do I qualify as a total saddo for remembering that ? :lol: )
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby CJS on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 3:47 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:
CJS wrote:And dare I mention Olivia 'I'm in everything on TV' Coleman? But she would make a good doctor, wouldn't she?

Funnily enough, she's one of the - if not the - favourites with some bookmakers.
Given a choice, can we have Michelle Ryan instead...after all, they've got precedence for a Time Lord regenerating as a previous character -- when Lalla Ward replaced Mary Tamm as Romana, having previously played Astra.
( And do I qualify as a total saddo for remembering that ? :lol: )

Yes. Yes you do. :clap:
CJS

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 4:07 pm

Elisabeth Sladen, Louise Jameson, Mary Tamm, Lalla Ward, Janet Fielding & Sarah Sutton.......what male teenager ( and no doubt a lot of dads ) back then could forget Dr Who's (Tom Baker) assistants..... :biggrin:
No doubt that now makes me a double-saddo ! :lol:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby tankbuster81 on Sat 04 Feb 2017, 10:17 am

Bring back Tom Baker and his jelly babies!
Don't bother running, you'll only die tired!!
tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Postby parsley on Sat 04 Feb 2017, 7:47 pm

tankbuster81 wrote:Bring back Tom Baker and his jelly babies!

That's no way to talk about his assistants
parsley
UKAR Supporter

Next

Return to Off Topic