Insurance fraud!

Insurance fraud!

Postby pbeardmore on Tue 22 Aug 2017, 10:31 am

Last year, I had a near miss with a moped but the guy claimed I knocked him off with £3000 damages (via no win no fee), last week, my excellent insurance firm defended the claim in civil court inc a very good barrister. But the judge accepted the claim. Ironic considering I spend my working day investigting fraud and then become a victim on the way to my kid's school. Get a dashboard cam ASAP folks! Let's be careful out there.
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”
pbeardmore

Re: Insurance fraud!

Postby cg_341 on Tue 22 Aug 2017, 10:43 am

Get a few dashcams, or at least one that can see more than just straight ahead. The amount of near misses I've seen with people coming in from left/right quarters and sides that are obviously not visible on dash cams is amazing.
cg_341

Re: Insurance fraud!

Postby AlexC on Tue 22 Aug 2017, 10:46 am

What an absolute travesty. That's what the Sgt. used to say at the start of Hill Street Blues every morning, ie 'Be careful out there!'
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Return to Off Topic