USA fail to qualify for the world cup

USA fail to qualify for the world cup

Postby starbuck on Wed 11 Oct 2017, 9:50 am

USA are not going to Russia next year after losing 2-1 to Trinidad & Tobago last night.

Cue huge sighs of relief by the White House presidential aides (if there are any left) as a massive potential for future diplomatic chaos is avoided.

Nothing against the team personally but it did make me smile when I read that Fox had bid $400m to secure the broadcast rights. :lmao:
starbuck

Re: USA fail to qualify for the world cup

Postby CJS on Wed 11 Oct 2017, 2:49 pm

starbuck wrote:USA are not going to Russia next year after losing 2-1 to Trinidad & Tobago last night.

Cue huge sighs of relief by the White House presidential aides (if there are any left) as a massive potential for future diplomatic chaos is avoided.

Nothing against the team personally but it did make me smile when I read that Fox had bid $400m to secure the broadcast rights. :lmao:

Football (of the proper kind I mean) is still growing in popularity hugely in the USA - The World Cup will still be watched by millions even if they're not in it, so I don't imagine Fox are worrying too much.
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
CJS

Postby Beefy on Wed 11 Oct 2017, 5:35 pm

starbuck wrote:Cue huge sighs of relief by the White House presidential aides (if there are any left) as a massive potential for future diplomatic chaos is avoided.

Whilst D Trump continues as POTUS, he remains a threat to diplomacy Worldwide! Queue the next US civil war along with WW3 :wall:
Beefy

Postby borismorris on Wed 11 Oct 2017, 10:45 pm

At least we can watch all of the matches now without the risk of hearing the moronic "U.S.A." chanting fans...
borismorris

Postby iaint on Thu 12 Oct 2017, 5:18 am

borismorris wrote:At least we can watch all of the matches now without the risk of hearing the moronic "U.S.A." chanting fans...

But we do have to put up with the incredibly more moronic England Supporters Band, with their appalling renditions of those two songs and the anthem - don’t think their repertoire (or mental capacity) extends to beyond three pieces of ‘music’
http://www.flickr.com/photos/iainthomson84/

End of Message, End of Broadcast
iaint
UKAR Staff

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 12 Oct 2017, 6:28 am

And the other good news is that Wales failed to qualify. :biggrin:
Unfortunately that probably won't stop the drunken numbskulls staggering around at 03:00 from attempting to sing the dirge "Don't take me home"
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby toom317 on Thu 12 Oct 2017, 11:33 am

iaint wrote:
But we do have to put up with the incredibly more moronic England Supporters Band, with their appalling renditions of those two songs and the anthem - don’t think their repertoire (or mental capacity) extends to beyond three pieces of ‘music’

On the bright side, it will only be for 3 games :grin: . At least they qualified though, we were to wee to get in. :sad:
"Nice pics mate" comments only! No criticism please.

Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts.
toom317
UKAR Supporter

Return to Off Topic