Fun, Fun, Fun. not!

Fun, Fun, Fun. not!

Postby AlexC on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 10:33 am

The Beach Boys 'Fun, Fun, Fun' with the Royal Philharmonic. What a terrible mistake, what were they thinking! :sick:
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Re: Fun, Fun, Fun. not!

Postby verreli on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 10:52 am

$$$
verreli

Postby ArabJazzie on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 4:44 pm

AlexC wrote:The Beach Boys 'Fun, Fun, Fun' with the Royal Philharmonic. What a terrible mistake, what were they thinking! :sick:

I've been listening to that on Radio 2 for weeks and i cannot dislike it! The concept to me is wrong, but it took me all of the intro to get over that.
Arabest,
Geoff.
52 in a year! We must be certifiable!
ArabJazzie

Postby AlexC on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 5:59 pm

Listen to the original version, it's far better!
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby ArabJazzie on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 8:36 pm

AlexC wrote:Listen to the original version, it's far better!

Was brought up on the original, along with a wide variety of other music. Also went through school playing in a Brass Band or 3 so maybe see it from a different perspective?
Arabest,
Geoff.
ArabJazzie

Postby f4phixeruk on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 8:52 pm

Just listened to the album. I've heard worse
If you eat high calorie foods with a Diet Coke, the drink cancels the calories out!
f4phixeruk

Postby starbuck on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 9:25 pm

Just went over to spotify to have a listen. Reminded me of James Last. I don't like being reminded of James Last.
starbuck

Postby AlexC on Sat 30 Jun 2018, 9:06 am

starbuck wrote:I don't like being reminded of James Last.

You and me both! :sick:
AlexC

Postby Brevet Cable on Sat 30 Jun 2018, 9:08 pm

If you think that's bad, try Blue Cheer's version of 'Summertime Blues'
Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby Ian G on Mon 02 Jul 2018, 10:52 am

There was an RPO/Elvis album out a few years ago in similar fashion. Nothing new, the RPO and LSO did some 'classic rock' albums in the 80's albeit without vocals but some stunning arrangements. This tripe though? Meh
Ian Garfield Photography Website!

Flickr Photostream

I should probably be working. Will work for doughnuts.
Ian G
UKAR Staff

Postby maltwoser on Wed 04 Jul 2018, 8:42 am

try Blue Cheer's version of 'Summertime Blues'

I have, it's brilliant.

LSO did some 'classic rock' albums in the 80's

1978, on good old K-Tel records. I played the first one to death - Life on Mars and Paint it Black were the highlights for me!
maltwoser

Postby ArabJazzie on Wed 04 Jul 2018, 10:21 pm

Took me years to realize that some, sorry, most of the K-tel compilation album songs were covers! :mad:
ArabJazzie

Postby f4phixeruk on Fri 06 Jul 2018, 7:39 am

ArabJazzie wrote:Took me years to realize that some, sorry, most of the K-tel compilation album songs were covers! :mad:

Remember the Top Pops albums of the 70s. they were the same
:wall: :wall:
If you eat high calorie foods with a Diet Coke, the drink cancels the calories out!
f4phixeruk

Postby Marathon Milkshake on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 11:30 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:If you think that's bad, try Blue Cheer's version of 'Summertime Blues'

Never heard of them before stumbling across this thread. Watching the YouTube vid of it for the first time its just noise, then the second time its very interesting, lots of Led Zep sort of stuff then theres some Black Sabbath style and they sound like nearly every rock band of the 70s, but just for fractions of a second. Really quite interesting.

hahaha then just for the hell of it, I've suffered one of their live shows from 2008, I now know why they are not as big as Zep or Sabbath....... :dizzy: :surrender: :down:

https://youtu.be/OZG58SVd6vo
Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter
Marathon Milkshake

Return to Off Topic