Rabbiting Chris Evans!

Rabbiting Chris Evans!

Postby Victor 23 on Wed 22 Aug 2018, 9:28 am

Hello All

With listening to the Chris Evans Show this morning it was as usual about his wife & kids, boring. Before anyone says you don't have to listen to him, that's not the point it's the same day in & day out the constant rabbiting, and with the same guests on his show after they have being on the One Show the day before, talk about over gab & over paid!!
Victor 23

Re: Rabbiting Chris Evans!

Postby neilos on Wed 22 Aug 2018, 9:31 am

Could be worse, try listening to Vanessa Feltz!
neilos

Postby Victor 23 on Wed 22 Aug 2018, 9:33 am

Oh yeah I forgot about her!!
Victor 23

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 22 Aug 2018, 10:03 am

Simple solution.....listen to a different station instead. :biggrin:
Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby iainpeden on Wed 22 Aug 2018, 10:08 am

Radio 4 - nuff said.
iainpeden

Postby Victor 23 on Wed 22 Aug 2018, 10:19 am

Brevet Cable

I did refer to that in my post! but it's irrelevant whether I listen to him or not it's the constant rabbiting etc for being overpaid!!
Victor 23

Postby Ian G on Wed 22 Aug 2018, 10:23 am

Have to agree, can't stand Chris Evans at all, it's all me me me as you say. We have R2 on in our office but I must say I don't pay attention to anything other than popmaster. Doesn't cater for me at all and there are so many other DAB/internet radio stations around.
Ian Garfield Photography Website!

Flickr Photostream

I should probably be working. Will work for doughnuts.
Ian G
UKAR Staff

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 22 Aug 2018, 11:09 am

Victor 23 wrote:...it's irrelevant whether I listen to him or not it's the constant rabbiting etc for being overpaid!!

The listening figures for his R2 show are something like 9.5 million each week & it's the most listened-to show on BBC radio....from what I recall from Radio 4's 'Feedback' a month or two ago when they were discussing listening figures, his show accounts for about 60% of Radio 2's total listening figures.

Edited to add....
I did refer to that in my post! but it's irrelevant whether I listen to him or not

If those who dislike him or his broadcasting style stopped listening to his show, the listening figures will fall.
If they fall enough, BBC management may have a rethink.
Don't hold your breath on that happening, though, as they're currently too busy screwing-up other shows by making unwanted changes to both presenters & formats.
Not to mention that his presenting style has been raised a number of times on R4's 'Feedback' & the BBC's management ( if they can be bothered to reply ) invariably churn out the argument that both he & his show are 'extremely popular' & that they see no need to change anything.
Last edited by Brevet Cable on Wed 22 Aug 2018, 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby AlexC on Wed 22 Aug 2018, 11:11 am

Another vote against Chris Evans. Always found him irritating in the extreme.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby FarnboroJohn on Wed 22 Aug 2018, 12:18 pm

Not a fan of Chris Evans either, but compared to Vanessa Feltz he's all right. The real issue with Radio 2 is the absolute balls-up of mashing Simon Mayo and Jo Whiley together. I knew we were in trouble when she started wanting to talk about Love Island. :wall:

I gather the nit who had the idea is determined to change R2. I think he's forgotten whose BBC it is....
FarnboroJohn

Postby Victor 23 on Wed 22 Aug 2018, 12:25 pm

Good old bbc!!
Victor 23

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 22 Aug 2018, 12:29 pm

FarnboroJohn wrote:The real issue with Radio 2 is the absolute balls-up of mashing Simon Mayo and Jo Whiley together.

That's one of the changes which got an absolute slating on 'Feedback', and the Head of Programme's excuse was that the original show 'needed changing to appeal to a younger audience' & that those who didn't like it should 'give it time'
Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby cg_341 on Wed 22 Aug 2018, 1:48 pm

Isn't "appealing to a younger audience" what resulted in Chris Moyles leaving the Radio 1 breakfast show, and a reduction in listeners so severe that even Heart Breakfast gets more listeners now?!
cg_341

Postby FarnboroJohn on Wed 22 Aug 2018, 5:22 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:
FarnboroJohn wrote:The real issue with Radio 2 is the absolute balls-up of mashing Simon Mayo and Jo Whiley together.

That's one of the changes which got an absolute slating on 'Feedback', and the Head of Programme's excuse was that the original show 'needed changing to appeal to a younger audience' & that those who didn't like it should 'give it time'

Well in my view the Head of Programme needs changing with no appeal to any audience and certainly a lynching party from R2's core.
FarnboroJohn

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 22 Aug 2018, 6:21 pm

He did have a bit of a sulk on when Roger Bolton ( presenter of R4's 'Feedback' ) asked him if he'd be resigning if the changes he made to R2 shows didn't result in a rise in listening figures within 6 months :lol:
Probably one of the reasons he now refuses to appear on the show, along with the fact that the majority of e-mails, etc. from listeners are extremely negative.

Edited to add....
If you want to hear his excuses - sorry, reasons - for the Mayo-Whiley partnership, you could try this : https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b6fbvx
Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby Talldan76 on Wed 22 Aug 2018, 7:58 pm

I can listen to Chris Evans in small doses - slightly larger than the ones where I can listen to Chris Moyles!!

The biggest abortion on R2 is definitely putting Jo Whiley on with Simon Mayo - there is a definite lack of chemistry in that twosome, and it has completely wrecked the “drive time” show - get rid of Whiley and put it back to Mayo on his own with the previous format...
Talldan76
UKAR Staff

Postby farnboroughrob on Wed 22 Aug 2018, 8:07 pm

Haven't listened to Radio 2 in the morning since Terry Wogan left. Chris Evans is a annoying smug git, for me in the same class as Tony Blair and Ant and Dec, all very annoying! I think I first started listening to radio 4 a few years ago, about when I hit 45. Can't do music before 9 now, old git! :dizzy:
farnboroughrob

Postby toom317 on Wed 22 Aug 2018, 8:44 pm

It was the same when he did the Radio 1 breakfast show, years ago. All talk about himself and little music played. Not what you want to hear travelling to work in the morning.
"Nice pics mate" comments only! No criticism please.

Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts.
toom317
UKAR Supporter

Postby Hammy on Wed 22 Aug 2018, 8:52 pm

Talldan76 wrote:I can listen to Chris Evans in small doses - slightly larger than the ones where I can listen to Chris Moyles!!

The biggest abortion on R2 is definitely putting Jo Whiley on with Simon Mayo - there is a definite lack of chemistry in that twosome, and it has completely wrecked the “drive time” show - get rid of Whiley and put it back to Mayo on his own with the previous format...

This! Simon Mayo had a great show and Jo Whiley's Mon-Thu 8-10pm show was good, too. There was no real need to fiddle, and now they're doing the same thing with 6Music; Shaun Keaveney's being replaced on Breakfast by Lauren Laverne, Keaveney's taking Radcliffe and Maconie's slot and they're being shunted to weekend breakfast.

Why can't we have nice things?!
Author, visionary, dreamweaver... Plus actor.

Threshold.aero
PSnet gallery
Hammy

Postby Georgeconna on Thu 23 Aug 2018, 2:34 pm

Spent 10 days in Dorset recently on Hols and by god I do not know how that guy is on the Radio. Pure annoying when he happened to air while we were taking in the sights, the car radio would only pick up R2 or Heart or so :sad:
Cheers

George

Zero shows for 2018 Giving in a Rest.
Georgeconna

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 23 Aug 2018, 3:02 pm

Hammy wrote:This! Simon Mayo had a great show and Jo Whiley's Mon-Thu 8-10pm show was good, too.

That's been a regular comment on 'Feedback', that the BBC have effectively ruined 2 popular shows for no good reason.
Meh !!
Brevet Cable

Postby woody on Thu 23 Aug 2018, 7:25 pm

Pretty much agree with all the above. Years ago when driving HGVs early in the morning I always enjoyed Terry Wogan. His pitch was absolutely right and eased you into the day. I still enjoy Ken Bruce (when I can listen) as again I like his (and his listener's) humour. I remember a few years ago Richard Madeley stood in for an early morning show and I thought he did reasonably well. Though, all in all its horses for courses. Don't get too much chance to listen these days as too busy teaching new drivers, so they have to put up with my broadcasts.

Steve.
woody

Postby rob68 on Thu 23 Aug 2018, 7:30 pm

I like Chris Evans. But the hour to work, it's planet Rock, radio 2 and radio x. Depends on who's saying what and what's the tune. If it's insipid or an advert, change the chanel. If can't find anything I put an album on, currently listening to slayer on way back home as can't stand Jo Wiley
rob68

Postby reheat module on Thu 23 Aug 2018, 8:09 pm

To be honest, I play CDs in the car when I'm out and about.
I decide what I want to hear and when.
Wouldn't bother me if the car never had a radio fitted.
Canon systems
reheat module

Postby Talldan76 on Mon 03 Sep 2018, 8:12 am

Well, all those who hate Chris Evans, will I guess be rejoicing this morning at the news that he is leaving Radio 2 in December.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45394576

Cue all the speculation as to who will be replacing him - my money is on Sara Cox.
Talldan76
UKAR Staff

Next

Return to Off Topic