Last night...snowy stuff!

Photos that are not aviation related
NeilH68

Last night...snowy stuff!

Post by NeilH68 »

After a lil bit of snow where I live, got the camera out and used it...these are four of the results...comments welcome as always.

Regards, Neil

phreakf4

Re: Last night...snowy stuff!

Post by phreakf4 »

A commendable effort, which could have been improved by some experimentation with the white balance settings to remove some of the colour cast from the lights. Nicely composed and exposed.
nothing is confirmed at a show until its u/c hits the tarmac or it is running in for its display.....

NeilH68

Post by NeilH68 »

Thanks for the comment, I shall look at what you say and try again.

SKYRAIDER

Post by SKYRAIDER »

I think they are very good, ive taken many a night shot in town with street lights and have not changed anything on them, it just depends on how you like the end result and these are good,
cheers for sharing them,
Rob

Post by 40612 »

Not many cars about,was your's still there ? :whistle:

NeilH68

Post by NeilH68 »

Thanks for the comments...as for my car, yep was still there and at 10:30 not many cars are usually about anyway!

phreakf4

Post by phreakf4 »

Skyraiders point is equally valid, if you are happy with these, that's what really matters.
nothing is confirmed at a show until its u/c hits the tarmac or it is running in for its display.....

NeilH68

Post by NeilH68 »

phreakf4 wrote:Skyraiders point is equally valid, if you are happy with these, that's what really matters.

Very true...but I can understand the comments and would like to try these out to see how it looks...it`s a learning curve for me on the Canon.

Camberwick Green

Post by Camberwick Green »

Remember that if you shoot RAW (and can work with it) you can alter the white balance after the event. You could work one shot from a RAW with the colour cast from the streetlights, another with that cast entirely missing - it is up to you and good fun too. Don't try it with the Fuji though :-)

NeilH68

Post by NeilH68 »

Camberwick Green wrote:Remember that if you shoot RAW (and can work with it) you can alter the white balance after the event. You could work one shot from a RAW with the colour cast from the streetlights, another with that cast entirely missing - it is up to you and good fun too. Don't try it with the Fuji though :-)

Thanks for the help, I shall have a go when it is nice in the evening next! As for the Fuji, I no longer have it...my father has it now...so, it`s DSLR all the way! :smile: